Keracare wash and set....I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

shellzfoshizzle

Keracare wash and set....I\'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

Why is it two days ago, my hair was looking gorgeous, and this morning, the ends are split, thin, won't hold curl and just puffs up. It's 6 weeks post relaxer and I didn't have $30 to go get a wash and set, so I did my own. Here's what I did.

Washed with Keracare Hydrating Shampoo

Conditioned with Keracare Humecto Conditioner for 15 minutes, plastic cap, dryer...(I hate this part)

Greased by scalp with Natural Oasis scalp oil (but it's a light grease and smells great!)

Oiled hair with BSS brand of Jojoba oil in a squirt bottle(this serves as my leave-in conditioner)

Saturated hair with Nairbi foaming wrappling lotion and roller set my hair.

Sat under the dryer for the full time. I never have the patience to sit under the dryer at home for the full time which is why my sets never come out right I guess. So my hair is dry now and I stil have the rollers in to cool off before I go to work. I plucked some rollers out and my hair isn't frizzy. It's shiny, even, and the curls are going to be bouncy.

When I ran out of Keracare Humecto a few months ago, why didn't I just buy another bottle. It never fails me. I bought another bottle today and I'm glad I did!! I'm also trying to use less products as possible, and more natural products. I love the jojoba oil.

Now...should I use a rake comb to comb out my curls or wrap it and then finger comb? What do you all do?

Dolce_Dawn

Re: Keracare wash and set....I\'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm... I guess it depends on what kind of look you want. Wrapping smoothes and flattens it out while combing your curls will give it a more precise, full curled look.

Which do YOU like?

ladylibra_30

wow, shell, that sounds like a pretty set.

1-you could just comb your set w/a wide-tooth comb.
2-you could do pin curls every night to restore the curl.
3-or the older your set gets you could wrap it.
4-you could do a curly/sloppy updo

it's endless what you could do w/that set. it sure does sound pretty...i LOVE keracare products.

brickhouse

ITA Shell. Keracare is one of my favorites. I stopped being a pj and went with what really worked for me.

A_Christian

KeraCare is my favorite line of products as well, especially Humecto. It's great that you found products that work for you.