My 3rd roller set... I'm improving!!!

againstallodds

I did my third roller set today, and although it was from perfect, I've come along way!!!! 2 weeks ago my sets left my hair in a big puffy curl mess and the hair didn't even sit straight on the rollers!! I'm excited that the rollers didn't wobble today haha. :yep:

I used Keracare Leave in, Biosilk Silk Therapy, and water to set my hair. The curls came out so soft.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 63

hillytmj

It looks like you got all of the rollers in really taut and secure. That's the main thing. Congrats! I know I'm not an expert yet, and I've been doing it myself now for about a year and a half now. Whenever I get a relaxer and my stylist rollersets it, I'm in awe of how quickly and flawlessly she does it.

againstallodds

thankx! Every time I start to roll my hair I think back to how effortlessly my hair stylist sets my hair... I'm a little jealous but she's had yeaaarrrrssss of practice, and I've had 3 weeks worth :)

Blkprincess

You could have fooled me honey. nice and taut indeed. very well done for just your 3rd week, I was just mentioning to my mom how practice makes perfect (but, I'm still doing hers:rolleyes:). Don't mind though, but she was mentioning how she needs to practice doing her rollersets herself, but you could not pay her to get brave and use the clips like you have. She goes for the rollers with the covers only. You'll have very to improve on by week 4, :yep:, would love to see the "after" pics of soft curls, too!

ajacks

I'm jealous. I purchased the DVD from Healthy Textures and I still haven't been able to do a good set.

kblc06

Eiano

Roller setting still presents itself as a challenge to me. But with time, it will get better!

It does.
The first time I did it, it looked like I airdryed and used a curling iron on the ends, then teased it with a fine toothed comb.
The next time it was slightly better.
.........Over a year later, I'm a propro!!

talata

Really impressive for your third time.

I also bought the healthy textures DVD - really helpful. I'm finally getting a hung on it.

I think it's time to go one step bigger in roller size.

LushLox

I think half the battle is trying to find the right mix products to suit your hair. Some people are able to just use a bit of leave-in with water, while others (read me) have to use a few different things to get a nice silky rollerset.

When I first started it would take up to an hour to set my hair, now I can do it in less than 30 minutes.