Keracare Humecto...HELP

FashionistaNY

This weekend I went for my usual wash n set w/the Dominicans. She applied the Keracare Humecto and sat me under the dryer for about 15 minutes, rinsed, applied leave in and roller set me.

I have 4A hair and many of the 4A's and 4B's on the board rave about Keracare Humecto. Now did I miss something with this product. It was as if my hair came out much heavier, didn't have as much shine and looked a bit frizzy IMO. Did I miss something? Should I have done something differently?

Usually I use on my hair either Moisturfuse, ORS Hair Mayo or CPR and my hair is always feather light, full shiny looking. Did we do something wrong with the Humecto?

Also, my PJ'ish went into effect, I was in the Beauty Supply store and ran across a new Dominican conditioner containing Wheat Germ and Olive Oil. Sounds intriguing, I cant wait.

MissB

FashionistaNY said:
This weekend I went for my usual wash n set w/the Dominicans. She applied the Keracare Humecto and sat me under the dryer for about 15 minutes, rinsed, applied leave in and roller set me.

I have 4A hair and many of the 4A's and 4B's on the board rave about Keracare Humecto. Now did I miss something with this product. It was as if my hair came out much heavier, didn't have as much shine and looked a bit frizzy IMO. Did I miss something? Should I have done something differently?

Usually I use on my hair either Moisturfuse, ORS Hair Mayo or CPR and my hair is always feather light, full shiny looking. Did we do something wrong with the Humecto?

Also, my PJ'ish went into effect, I was in the Beauty Supply store and ran across a new Dominican conditioner containing Wheat Germ and Olive Oil. Sounds intriguing, I cant wait.

You are assuming that the Humecto is the problem. But, you didn't mention the leave-in conditioner that she used. Do you recalled the name of it?

MonaLisa

MissB said:
You are assuming that the Humecto is the problem. But, you didn't mention the leave-in conditioner that she used. Do you recalled the name of it?

*I heard Humecto*

Yeah! What leave in did she use???

*running from thread*

FashionistaNY

MissB said:

I used the same leave-in I always use that never caused any problems, which was Arosci.

Last edited:

webby

Think Slim
One of the beloved members here got me hooked on humecto. I used the bottle the first time, got great results, but when I used it from the tub, I don't think I rinsed as well as I should have and got the same results your mention. I tried it one more time and rinsed my hair very, very well...solved my problem. I don't know if that was what happened in your case, but it may be worth a try.

ryanshope

I have 4a/b hair and I don't like Keracare Humecto at all..I really don't like any Avlon products too much...I used to use Affirm before I found Mizani Sensitive scalp and I gave all the Affirm(protecto, relaxer, positive link, all of it to my cousin)..I mean to each his own but I didn't like it..the conditioner was too watery for me..

MonaLisa

sweetness0099 said:
I have 4a/b hair and I don't like Keracare Humecto at all..I really don't like any Avlon products too much...I used to use Affirm before I found Mizani Sensitive scalp and I gave all the Affirm(protecto, relaxer, positive link, all of it to my cousin)..I mean to each his own but I didn't like it..the conditioner was too watery for me..

Everytime I read this....I'm thinking...it has to be the Humecto from the bottle...because I use the one from the tub and it's thick, creamy and moisturizing....