KeraCare Silken Seal - Is The Price Right??

butterscotch

I went to my hair "Mecca" on Thursday (Just For Me) for the occasional product run, and wanted to purchase the KeraCare Silken Seal. $22 for what I believe was a 8 oz. bottle. Is this the "right" price?

I have no problem paying $22 if the price seems accurate to some of you, but if I can get it somewhere else for a cheaper price in NYC or online, please let me know. Thanks so much.

butterscotch

Caramel,

Do you remember the name of the store? If so, please let me know. I'd much rather pay that than $22. Also, I took a look online and the lowest I saw it for was $20.

Thanks in advance.....

KinksnCurlz

Take the #6 train and get off at Parkchester (in the Bronx). Once you exit the train station, make a left and look to your right, it's right there.

Edited to read:
If you like, I can doublecheck when I get home and post later on tonight.

butterscotch

CaramelHonee,

Thanks so much. If you like, you can either post or PM me with the name of the store. I like to call them in advance and tell them to hold items for me when I'm making product runs, so once you give me the name, I can look up the number in the yellow pages.

butterscotch

No problem,

I'll take the trip up there on Wednesday, I'm sure I'll find it.

Just wishing right now that I kept in touch with some of my former stylist so she could order one for me with her discount.

Allandra

I've only seen this product in a 4 ounce size. I believe that's the only size it comes in. It's expensive, but I am definitely going to try this serum out soon.

Britt

[ QUOTE ]
I went to my hair "Mecca" on Thursday (Just For Me) for the occasional product run, and wanted to purchase the KeraCare Silken Seal. $22 for what I believe was a 8 oz. bottle. Is this the "right" price?

I have no problem paying $22 if the price seems accurate to some of you, but if I can get it somewhere else for a cheaper price in NYC or online, please let me know. Thanks so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went Friday to the same place and saw it for$22 and turned right in the other direction. Damn girl, I aint the only one that thinks that place is a really a hair "mecca"

butterscotch

Britt,

I think that Just For Me is one of the most reasonably priced stores on Flatbush Ave., (especially after my trip down the ave yesterday) but as far as that Silken Seal was concerned, I didn't even bother to wave someone down to open the display!

Allandra, after searching the web for a cheaper price, I meant to post earlier that the Silken Seal was 4 oz, not 8. Thanks for clearing that up

kisz4tj

Sorry I just saw the extra posts explaining where. I actually went there yesterday, I'll check my receipt to see if the # is there for you Butterscotch.

KinksnCurlz

Kisz4tj.. yes, that is the store but I got mine about a month ago and it was $16.99. If they raised the price...

jazzyfunknastee

LOL butterscotch, I just came from there and they had a bottle of the serum priced $24.99! When I saw that price I said "Oh HELL NO!" out loud. Had old ladies looking at me funny
I swear to God that better be a misprint because JFM is known for not labeling the products right.

butterscotch

Jazzy,

We should go in there with one of those pricing machines, just to set things our way! All of my Nexxus products would be $5.99

ms_kenesha

I read in my recent Marie Claire that you shouldn't pay a lot for silicone based serums because essentially they're all the same. I would do an ingredient match up with a cheaper product, is it not just the same as John Frieda's Frizz Ease Serum which comes in Lite, Regular, and Extra Strength.

KinksnCurlz

Yeah, that's it... Beauty Town and its next to the sneaker store directly in front of the #6 train station. Thanks cutebajan

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
MissB said: I purchased mine for $17.75 at JcPenney Hair Salon!

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl, I almost forgot the JC Penney in my area carries this line. Heck, I need to see if they carry this particular product. Thanks for posting that.

butterscotch

Thanks everyone for their replies!

I will definitely check out Beauty Town when I get the chance. I have heard so many great reviews about this product (and for that much money, it better be great), so I just wanna give it a chance since I need to find an alternate leave-in.

kisz4tj

The same people also own another BSS on white plains rd across from toysrus next to the new jimmy's and that's where I also saw it for $24.99 and I was like WHOA

kisz4tj

Hey Caramelhonee, ?....I purchased a lazy dazey soft bonnet from them about 2 months ago, shortly after it started making these horribly loud noises when I turn it on, my plan was to buy another one from them return the defective one for a credit and then do some other PJ shopping, what do you think, I'm a lil criminal minded (that's for the confessions thread) but I'm also pissed that it doesn't work properly.

kisz4tj

alright, then just don't sell me out, I'm going to do it today
I plan to get some phonytails, motions moisture plus conditioner, and who knows what else.

KinksnCurlz

I got ur back gyal...
(in case you didn't know, that's me driving away when they are putting the cuffs on you...LOL) just kidding. i'm ur partner in crime on this little venture