Keracare Setting Lotion

Ok Ladies, as you may or may not know I love Keracare products. I finally bought the Keracare setting lotion, it is a pretty lavendar color and smells nice...........BUT it's very heavy and concentrated and when I tried to mix it with water, it separated quickly. I went ahead and used the setting lotion from the bottle and after my hair dried it felt awful, it was very sticky and gummy. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to dilute it?

I had a bad experience with Keracare's setting lotion too. I went back to using Lottabody. Lately I've been using Organic Root Stimulator's Foaming Wrap and Setting lotion and I like it. :)

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
Ok Ladies, as you may or may not know I love Keracare products. I finally bought the Keracare setting lotion, it is a pretty lavendar color and smells nice...........BUT it's very heavy and concentrated and when I tried to mix it with water, it separated quickly. I went ahead and used the setting lotion from the bottle and after my hair dried it felt awful, it was very sticky and gummy. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to dilute it?

I've had the same bottle for about a year. I've tried it straight and heavily diluted. I think I prefer my mousse/foam better for rollersets. My hair feels more touchable with the mousse.

myco said:
I've had the same bottle for about a year. I've tried it straight and heavily diluted. I think I prefer my mousse/foam better for rollersets. My hair feels more touchable with the mousse.

I've never tried the mousse, I went back to my Lottabody, but I'll try the mousse before in other brands and I didn't like the sticky feeling I got. Oh well Lottabody it will be for me......LOL

I don't like KC"s setting lotion, my hair came out hard and very dry. When I diluted it still was a bit too dry for me. I now set my hair with my a/g leave in and it comes out VERY moisturized and soft.

wow, that's odd. The Keracare Setting Lotion is actually one of the very few products that I actually like from that line. I never even used it diluted either. While my hair was wet, I'd just apply my leave-in and then pour a bit of the setting lotion into my palm and rub it through my hair. My curls always came out soft and shiny with easy comb-thru.

It's funny that while others love the conditioners and creams but hate the setting lotions, I hate the conditioners and creams but love the setting lotions.

Back