Do You Use a Setting Lotion for Your Rollerset?

Chichi

I just used the Keracare setting lotion and received a most wonderful rollerset with it
. I previously did not use a setting lotion.

Do you always use a setting lotion when you rollerset your hair? If so, which one do you use?

Chichi

karezone

I just got some of the Elasta QP foaming wrap and set lotion and I can't wait to use it. It smells so good.

SoniT

Yes, I use a setting lotion. I use Lottabody but I may try Keracare. I love their products. My rollersets always come out nice with setting lotion.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

I used to use Lottabody setting lotion until I started rollersetting my hair with just a moisturizer and a leave-in conditioner. Some of you all know that I am transitioning,so I still have about 10-13 inches of permed hair. I was shocked to see that my permed hair curled and straightened just like it would with the setting lotion!!

MissB

I use the Keracare Setting lotion or the Keracare foam wrap with a little bit of Silken Seal (serum).

Chichi

Those who don't use a setting lotion, do you always flat iron after your set? When I didn't use a setting lotion, i would have to almost always follow up with a warm flat iron for that smooth sleek look.

When I used the setting lotion, I didn't need the flat iron because my hair came out really smooth
. All I needed was a good wrap. the Keracare setting lotion says that it eliminates frizzies, breakage, and split ends. It is good stuff.

Chichi

B

Bublnbrnsuga

[ QUOTE ]
Chichi said:
Those who don't use a setting lotion, do you always flat iron after your set? When I didn't use a setting lotion, i would have to almost always follow up with a warm flat iron for that smooth sleek look.

Actually,the only reason I have to follow up with a flat iron is because of my new growth. My permed ends are straighter and full of bounce,I don't bother using the iron to the ends.

When I used the setting lotion, I didn't need the flat iron because my hair came out really smooth
. All I needed was a good wrap. the Keracare setting lotion says that it eliminates frizzies, breakage, and split ends. It is good stuff.

Chichi

[/ QUOTE ]