Does anyone use iron bowl when using henna?

Coffee

The instructions always say to soak the henna in an iron bowl, but until this week I wasn't able to even find an iron bowl. I found one on eBay and purchased it. Well I received it today and it's so nice and cute, I don't know if I want to use it for henna:grin:. It's deep too.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I guess I've never used Henna that had to be "soaked?" I just mix mine with ACV cover with Saran Wrap for about 8-12 hours until Color Releases and Apply.

I use plastic as well. Never had a problem....and I also stir with plastic spoon. And discard. I also Mix my Indigo in Plastic as well.

No Muss -- No Fuss:look:

Coffee

What I meant by "soak" was allowing it to sit overnight:spinning:. I've always used plastic too. Supposedly the iron adds additional coloring to the henna. I will henna again in about 3 week and I'll report back if there's a difference.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Soaking henna in an iron bowl is suppose to make the color you end up with darker but you dont have to do it if you are using it for conditioning purposes and not color.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
What I meant by "soak" was allowing it to sit overnight:spinning:. I've always used plastic too. Supposedly the iron adds additional coloring to the henna. I will henna again in about 3 week and I'll report back if there's a difference.

Yes, Please Do let us know. Girl, I know I shouldn't have entered one of Your Threads.

Now You are Going to Have Me Buying An Iron Henna Bowl:rolleyes::wallbash:

tailormade84

i use a cast iron pot i bought from ROSS

soaking in a cast iron pot is supposed to give you a deeper/darker tint
my hair still looks pretty dark even after 10 hennas - which is what i wanted :)

((((see my fotki for pics)))

Coffee

Yes, Please Do let us know. Girl, I know I shouldn't have entered one of Your Threads.

Now You are Going to Have Me Buying An Iron Henna Bowl:rolleyes::wallbash:

I always do my henna for color, so this iron bowl will work out great for me.

Girl you are too funny, good luck finding an iron henna bowl:lachen: