KADDY, so tell us WHY you are so smitten with PHYTO

KAddy

WHERE YOU BEEN GIRLLL!!!???? :mad: I posted a thread in the Off Topic Forum asking if anyone and seen you and no one responded. :crying3: It's good to have you back! :)

Now on to Phyto talk...:lachen:

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!:woot: I told you that it was great. As you can tell a Phyto Pusha been busy since you were gone. :lachen:

MonaLisa said:
KAddy!!!! I've gone and done it! I am now officially in love with Phytorelaxer! I got my touch up done and I love it...it was a great experience... I have no desire to use any other relaxer again. I'm glad I made the switch...I kept looking at my hair in the mirror and I couldn't believe it. My hair always looks underprocessed, textrelaxed...not this time...I had to let my hair down and let it bounce when I walked in the street since the weather was mild in New York.

It really is a fabulous relaxer, no burning, no discomfort, no underprocessing, hair looks healthy and feels good. Big thumbs up ova here yo...for real...the experience was bananas...lol.

I got two quick mugshot pics taken before I had to run out...when my roll is used up, I will post the two pics (I have no idea what they look like or if they will really convey how good my hair looked up close).

MonaLisa

Awwwwwwwwww my KAddy!!! U know I was thinking about you girl...especially when the Phyto was getting slapped on my head! Some LHCF members *cough, namely me* were left adrift out to sea! Had no idea the board was up and running!

I'm back on the board chica! I need to go see this unanswered plea in OT...lol.

Hugs! And Phyto Forevaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Honi

There is no board.
My mom was due for a touch up so I gave her my kit. What a daughter will not do for her mom.

I saw the concern on her face when I gave it to her. She never heard of it and asked where I got it from. When I told her from an internet site, I had to reassure her it was not like Copa or something.

She only used half of the jar and the kit does not look like there is enough for one application. Her hair type is 4a/b and the kit I had was index 1.

Application took 15 minutes or less like the other relaxers she used. What I noticed was that there was no strong relaxer like smell. After she finished rinsing, conditioning, etc I took a look at her hair. It was so soft, shiny, had body, bounce, silkiness and smoothness to it. Did I say body???? It was straight but not plastered on her hair like the others which takes a week or so to get the body back.

I can't wait to try this on my hair in March. It can't some soon enough.

Last edited:

KAddy

You are a great daughter Honi. How did your mom like it? Was she also happy with the results?

MonaLisa

Honi said:
Application took 15 minutes or less like the other relaxers she used. What I noticed was that there was no strong relaxer like smell. After she finished rinsing, conditioning, etc I took a look at her hair. It was so soft, shiny, had body, bounce, silkiness and smoothness to it. Did I say body???? It was straight but not plastered on her hair like the others which takes a week or so to get the body back.

My hairdresser also made a comment about how soft my hair was when she was rinsing the relaxer out. She was like imagine if we used this relaxer here!

I'll just buy and have my hairdresser put in. I'm still touching my hair even though I shouldn't.

Honi

There is no board.
Kaddy. She loved the results and was surprised as all get out. Today her hair is still very, very shiny.

I just bought two more kits. I hope they never, ever discontinue this product.

Nice

MonaLisa said:
My hairdresser also made a comment about how soft my hair was when she was rinsing the relaxer out. She was like imagine if we used this relaxer here!

I'll just buy and have my hairdresser put in. I'm still touching my hair even though I shouldn't.
How much did you end up paying your stylist to apply the relaxer? Did you buy the relaxer for $45 or $60?

AJamericanDiva

deborah11 said:
I used this relaxer a couple of years ago and it damaged my hair . Initially, I liked it a lot because my hair wasn't super straight and had body. Over time however the relaxer turned my hair an ugly brown color and dried it out severly. My hair was just a mess and continued to break. Different things work for differnent people. the quanidine in this product was no good for my hair. I used it for a couple of years b4 i finally figured out this relaxer was no good for my hair. I am 4 something hair type, fine textured, dense, wavy. i wouuld never use this relaxer again.

So Deborah... I take it your problems have now been resolved? What are you using for a relaxer now?

MonaLisa

AJamericanDiva said:
So Deborah... I take it your problems have now been resolved? What are you using for a relaxer now?

Yessss...what is Deborah using now. Phyto heads are curious and what not.
*cough*

deborah11

After my hair fiesco with phyto, I stopped relaxing altogether for almost 2 years. I basically felt like I needed to grow some new hair and start fresh but I didn't have the nerve to cut off all my hair at once. I am now texturized with the affirm mild and so far so good. There have been so many raves on this board about this relaxer, it makes me wonder what was the problem and why my hair didn't like it. I used this relaxer when it first came out on the market. Maybe the formulla has changed or maybe my hair just didn't like the no lye quinidide (sp). I am glad that it is working for so many on this board but I think that I will stick with the affirm. I don't want to take any chances with my hair!