KADDY, so tell us WHY you are so smitten with PHYTO

KAddy

/images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif Welcome Aboard Tene. I am sure you and your hair will like it.

KinksnCurlz

i'm scheduled to get my phytorelaxer on 12/21... i'm so excited! Thanks guys for 'pushing' this product on me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Armyqt

So basically, this is a no-lye relaxer. Any ladies swich from lye to using this product. I was about to get happy for a minute but when I saw that it was no-lye I had to back up. I must admit the hype has me curious. Never have I seen so many raves about a relaxer. I don't even think Affirm got such rave reviews.

MonaLisa

Awwwwwwwwww shucks! Movie Star is starting to feel the Phyto pull!!! I believe SherryLove used lye at one point and switched - hopefully she will drop by and confirm.

I know Da Pusha is making excited hand movements!
Wuuuu-hhhaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

KAddy

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
Awwwwwwwwww shucks! Movie Star is starting to feel the Phyto pull!!! I believe SherryLove used lye at one point and switched - hopefully she will drop by and confirm.

[/ QUOTE ]

MonaLisa

My mouth...has completely dropped KAddy....

Why r u so BANAAAAAAANAAAAAAAAAAS! Ur like CRAAAAAAAAAZY son...lmbo!

DangerouslyShy

lool yall are off the hook...Ok i just boutght a box...lol i will use it the next time i get a touch up.....

yall made me do it!!! lol all these great reviews...!!!

now where is the site where i could get their other products i cant just get the relaxer im a PJ so you know i have to get the rest of the line as well...lol...

lemme get a link...

lol thanks for the great reviews ladies...

OPRAH USES THIS?! im just curious!

KAddy

Yeah Oprah uses it too. Check here for the Press Mentions that they post on their website.

ETA: Wait, I don't know if Oprah uses the relaxer.
I ordered my other Phyto products from Hairboutique.com when I ordered the relaxer.

DangerouslyShy

[ QUOTE ]
KAddy said:
Yeah Oprah uses it too. Check here for the Press Mentions that they post on their website.

ETA: Wait, I don't know if Oprah uses the relaxer.
I ordered my other Phyto products from Hairboutique.com when I ordered the relaxer.

[/ QUOTE ]Thank you Kaddy

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:

[/ QUOTE ]

hey yall... /images/graemlins/wave.gif i did use lye relaxers (dudleys and affirm) before i began using phyto....

KAddy

[ QUOTE ]
DangerouslyShy said:
oh another quick Question whats the different between phyto specific and PHYTO...

and what products would you reccomend?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think PhytoSpecific was developed more with African American hair type in mind. Although I have seen that caucasian women have used some of the products as well. I have not used phyto products that weren't the phytospecifric line, but I know Sengschick has. HEY SENGS TELL US THE DEAL.

As for recommendations, I have been using the Vital Force shampoo and condition to help my hair get back from being porous and being so dry. It is designed for damaged or brittle hair. IT WORKS. I did a porosity check the other day (after reading it here - the hair in water and seeing if it floats trick). I really like this shampoo and conditioner a lot. HOWEVER, once I am done with this I am going to switch to the Intense Nutrition shampoo and conditioner. This one is for ultra dry hair. I plan on moving down in the different programs or up (depends how you interpret it). They have one more shampoo and conditioner line that is the Optimal Hydration one. This is for normal to dry hair. I did a review of my first use of the Vital Force products in this thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/s...&PHPSESSID=

I really do love the vital force products, they make my hair extra soft, but I know that since my hair is becoming healthier I will not need to use these anymore.

DigitalRain

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
So basically, this is a no-lye relaxer. Any ladies swich from lye to using this product. I was about to get happy for a minute but when I saw that it was no-lye I had to back up. I must admit the hype has me curious. Never have I seen so many raves about a relaxer. I don't even think Affirm got such rave reviews.

[/ QUOTE ]

I switched from lye to Phyto and so did Sherrylove. I switched because the lye relaxers were taking its toll on my scalp. Its been almost 2 months since my touch up and no problems.

LB_Williams

I...think...I...have...been.../images/graemlins/assimilate.gif

Okay fine just take another PJ and convert her! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Alright, I am jumping on. I not only want to try this product, but want to learn how to do my own touch ups. I know there is a thread or two about how to do this...someone help a sistah out and point me in the right direction....pleez....

thanks melodee for starting this mass PHYTO conversion! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tene

Well I might not be able to use this after all. It said not to use on highlighted or colored hair. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

27. Can PhytoRelaxer be used on previously highlighted, or color treated hair?
The current color and more importantly, the overall condition of the hair will determine if the hair is ready for relaxers. Relaxers should be applied to healthy hair, and it is recommended to go to a professional stylist for a consultation prior to application. PhytoRelaxer should never be used on highlighted, bleached, or henna treated hair or on hair dyed with products containing metallic substances.

DangerouslyShy

Thanks for the info kaddy!!!

Tene I would think if your just touching up your new growth which has not been colored you should be ok...

Tene

[ QUOTE ]
DangerouslyShy said:
Thanks for the info kaddy!!!

Tene I would think if your just touching up your new growth which has not been colored you should be ok...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok thanks

KAddy

[ QUOTE ]
Tene said:
Well I might not be able to use this after all. It said not to use on highlighted or colored hair. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

27. Can PhytoRelaxer be used on previously highlighted, or color treated hair?
The current color and more importantly, the overall condition of the hair will determine if the hair is ready for relaxers. Relaxers should be applied to healthy hair, and it is recommended to go to a professional stylist for a consultation prior to application. PhytoRelaxer should never be used on highlighted, bleached, or henna treated hair or on hair dyed with products containing metallic substances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tene, I believe that most relaxers say this same thing. When I read this, I took this to mean, at the same time. Hopefully other ladies will chime in. However, I think that with the relaxer being applied to the new growth you should be ok. HOWEVER [this is my disclaimer] I think you should let a stylist determine that. OR, you could always call Phyto and ask them to clarify this for you. I am pretty sure there are ladies whose hair is highlighted that use this relaxer.

HTH

sengschick

The Bun Master
KAddy is correct, the PhytoSpecific was created for naturally curly-kinky and relaxed hair. The regular Phyto line ranges from colored, fine, to dry hair. They have a full line for each condition of the hair. I use the dry hair stuff (since is the natural condition of my hair type based on a Euro standard), but they even make extremely dry hair products for ppl who have permed (not relaxed that's they PhytoSpecific line), colored and generally damaged hair. I love the Phyto conditioners b/c unlike any other product I've ever used the conditioner really, really reduces tangling and it's not so much b/c you have extraordinary slippage. Something in the formula really detangles the hair. The other Phyto product I love is the Phytodefrisant Relaxing Balm. I use it whenever I do a straight style b/c it just leaves your hair smoothed but full of body but controlled at the same time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I tried that Milky Reconstructor alone and it was nothing like it was after the relaxer. So that furthers the evidence for me that the relaxer is what makes you hair feel so buttery /images/graemlins/up.gif.

MonaLisa

Nice said:
[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
I'm stretching out my relaxer right now...but I would say within the next 1 to 2.5 weeks. I'm gonna take a pic after I use it. My first real hair pic! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

*Nice is like...I'ma let this heifer do it first...make sure she don't go bald...then I'll think about it...*

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif LOL . I just wanted to make sure that you would post pictures. Make sure that you keep me posted. If I do try this relaxer, it won't be until the beginning of January so I you definitely will be trying it first /images/graemlins/grin.gif
The pictures that I take in January will be my first real hair pictures too /images/graemlins/clap.gif

KAddy!!!! I've gone and done it! I am now officially in love with Phytorelaxer! I got my touch up done and I love it...it was a great experience... I have no desire to use any other relaxer again. I'm glad I made the switch...I kept looking at my hair in the mirror and I couldn't believe it. My hair always looks underprocessed, textrelaxed...not this time...I had to let my hair down and let it bounce when I walked in the street since the weather was mild in New York.

It really is a fabulous relaxer, no burning, no discomfort, no underprocessing, hair looks healthy and feels good. Big thumbs up ova here yo...for real...the experience was bananas...lol.

I got two quick mugshot pics taken before I had to run out...when my roll is used up, I will post the two pics (I have no idea what they look like or if they will really convey how good my hair looked up close).

MonaLisa

dreemssold said:
This is O/T, but welcome back, Mo :wave:!

Awwwwwwwwwwwww...thanks dreems! I was going through withdrawal!
I'm lucky that SouthernGirl emailed me and let me know the site was up and running! I'm still trying to navigate my way around...I can't get an avatar! I can't fly through things the way I used to..and where da heck are da smileys?! Oy Vey!

LOL! Thanks for the welcome back!
:)