Guess what stopped my shedding...

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
... switching combs!!!!!!

I may have to abandon the K cutter. Usually on wash days, I detangle in the shower with my K cutter. Gobs and Gobs of hair would come out of each section. Literally - a handfull. I was really worried but I knew that I was doing everything right in my regime. I couldn't figure it out.

I purchased a Jilbre shower comb over the weekend, just because I'm a relapsing PJ, and on a fluke decided to use it on my wash yesterday. My hair shedding was reduced by about 90% - NO EXAGGERATION!!!. I couldn't believe it. The K Cutter seemed so perfect but for the past 4 or 5 months, I've had consistant breakage/shedding on wash days, and I think I've cracked the case. I'm a natural 4A btw...

I'm still in awe.

fancypants007

Browndilocks said:

I may have to abandon the K cutter. Usually on wash days, I detangle in the shower with my K cutter. Gobs and Gobs of hair would come out of each section. Literally - a handfull. I was really worried but I knew that I was doing everything right in my regime. I couldn't figure it out.

I purchased a Jilbre shower comb over the weekend, just because I'm a relapsing PJ, and on a fluke decided to use it on my wash yesterday. My hair shedding was reduced by about 90% - NO EXAGGERATION!!!. I couldn't believe it. The K Cutter seemed so perfect but for the past 4 or 5 months, I've had consistant breakage/shedding on wash days, and I think I've cracked the case. I'm a natural 4A btw...

I'm still in awe.

I use to use the K-cutter comb but it was too much for my delicate fine hair. I used it when I was natural and I didn't like it. Glad you found out the problem before it really escalated into a serious hair problem. Someone had mentioned that the Mecco shower comb was even better than the jilbre shower comb. I purchased it sometime ago but I was using my bone comb regularly. I finally decided to use the mecco shower comb this weekend and it did seem to work better on my hair.

fancypants007

Browndilocks said:

I'm still in awe.

I use to use the K-cutter comb but it was too much for my delicate fine hair. I used it when I was natural and I didn't like it. Glad you found out the problem before it really escalated into a serious hair problem. Someone has mentioned that the Mecco shower comb was even better than the jilbre shower comb. I purchased it sometime ago but I was using my bone comb regularly. I finally decided to use the mecco shower comb this weekend and it did seem to work better on my hair.

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
fancypants007 said:
I use to use the K-cutter comb but it was too much for my delicate fine hair. I used it when I was natural and I didn't like it. Glad you found out the problem before it really escalated into a serious hair problem. Someone has mentioned that the Mecco shower comb was even better than the jilbre shower comb. I purchased it sometime ago but I was using my bone comb regularly. I finally decided to use the mecco shower comb this weekend and it did seem to work better on my hair.

I'm open to buying the mecco next time around to see the results. I really can't believe it! I had a few growth spurts over the summer and I thought the reason why I was seeing so much more hair shedding was/is because my hair has gotten much longer. Then I did a blunt trim in August, thinking that I just needed a good cut. Still more shedding. I was baffled. The funny thing is that I do not have fine hair. My hair is extremely dense and I'm pushing WL again. I've seen the Jilbre comb before but just didn't pay it much attention. I guess because the last time I used a comb like that, I was permed and the mere perception of the K-cutter made me think it was a better detangling comb for my hair. Guess not. :brainy:

angellazette

I'm glad you found out the culprit...I absolutely hate the K cutter!!!

That thing HURTS and RIPs my hair out! I gave it to my mom, she's relaxed...I love the Jilbere though.