Detangling Natural Hair: K-Cutter vs. Denman Brush

soslychic

Which of these would be a better purchase for detangling natural hair. I've heard more raves about the Denman than the K-Cutter, but I like the fact that the K-Cutter gets to the roots easily. I'd love to hear from someone who has used both, but I'd also appreciate any opinions from anyone who has used either or.....also do any naturals use the jilbere shower comb?

Nay

I have never used the Denman brush, so I can't comment on that. But I have used the K-Cutter for YEARS, and I absolutely LOVE that comb.

Personally, I think brushing this thick hair of mine would just cause more harm than good. I only lightly brush the edges when I wear my hair in a ponytail. Otherwise, I don't brush my hair at all ever.

TinyT

I use the jilbere shower comb every week when I redo my 2 strand twists. I think it is a great detangler for a low price, and the teeth are spaced widely. I have the denman brush, and I only use it when my hair gets really tangled, maybe every 3-4 months. I first detangle as much as possible with the shower comb, and then follow with the brush if needed. But as my hair has gained length, I haven't had as many tangles, so I really don't used it much at all anymore. I hadn't really thought about the k-cutter, b/c the shower comb is doing well, plus the idea that the teeth are metal and pointy makes me kinda concerned.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I tried the Denman D83 for detangling after reading raves on another board. It got stuck in my hair.
I'll stick to my shower comb.

I saw a fake K-Cutter at the bss. It was called the "K Comb". It had jagged plastic edges all around the base of the metal teeth. I left it in the store...

DragonPearl

Denman brush can thin your hair out. It certainly did that to my hair so I had to stop using it.

I tried my K-cutter for the first time this weekend, and I have to say, GET IT! I absolutely loved the way it detangled my hair. The only drawback was the handle which I found difficult to hold. So, I just grabbed the non-handle part and started using it. K-Cutter is THE BOMB!

Nay, thank you for recommending it!
I had never heard about it before you mentioned it.

fancypants007

I just received my K-cutter this past week, thanks to irrestible. My hair is still in braids but I will be taking them out in another week or two. I can't wait to use the K-cutter. I used the shower comb and it does nothing to help with detangling my hair. My hair looks just like Nay's but 2 inches less. I too never brush my hair, only the ends using a paddle brush according to the Hair Lady's recommendations to keep the ends from thinning out.

Nay

Jessy55, yeah that is a BIG COMB. I don't usually hold it by the handle either. Matter of fact, I've had it so long that the handle somehow was broken off. But when it did still have the handle, I never used it that way. I'm glad it worked out for you.

The picture of it looks kind of scary, but the teeth are rounded, and it really is a safe comb to use. I've never had a problem with mine.

I can't believe they are selling an imitator. "K-Comb" They ought to be ashamed.

Fancypants, so our hair is alike, huh? Cool. I love meeting hair twins :)

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
I am transitioning and because I am a PJ I bought a K-Cutter this weekend like I'm all natural now

[/ QUOTE ]