Just big chopped to a twa, how soon & how do you see you real hair texture or curls?

fluffylocks

I read in a couple of places that after you big chop that it may take a couple of days for your curls to pop.

As soon as you big chop, is that your real texture like it will always naturally be with no products....can you then determine what your "hair type" is? And you use products and techniques to try and define curls further?

Or do you start to see more curls without you doing anything naturally after a few days?

And also, as your hair gets longer, do the curls change or become more defined?

Taina

Re: Just big chopped to a twa, how soon & how do you see you real hair texture or cur

For me took a little bit longer than a couple of days to see my true texture because i chop to close an inch and my hair did not had definition at all. When my hair started to grow (maybe 2 to 3 months) was when i saw the curls poping and my texture as it is now.

JuniePie

Re: Just big chopped to a twa, how soon & how do you see you real hair texture or cur

I had the same experience as Taina. I transitioned with braids and weaves and at the end of my transition in Jan. 2010 I saw curl and knew my texture but I had to learn to take care of it for my curlies to truly pop. So it took about 2-3 months; be patience and use ur resources.