Pressed naturals - how do you your maintain curls?

alainaraye

Pressed naturals - how do you maintain your curls?

My hair is beautiful fresh from the salon. However, it becomes straight, limp, and wimpy after a few days. I sleep with satin covered rollers in an effort to avoid heat. Unfortunately, the curls only last an hour or so after removing the rollers. I used to use the Caruso rollers - but I believe that frequent use these rollers may have damaged my hair.

Is it possible to maintain curls with satin covered rollers? Are there any setting products that I can use that won't cause reversion? Are there any volumizing products that can make my limp hair look fuller?

FYI - I don't currently use any products in between salon visits.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Jumbo flexi rods (2 to 4)

Or

2 to 3 bantu knots

Product is not really necessary as long as you set at night. I normally use a paddle brush to help to distribute the natural oil produced by my scalp before I set. I only use a teeny weeny bit coconut oil if my ends are starting to frizz, but I really don't need it until going into the 2nd week of my press. HTH

My profile pic shows the results of using 3 bantu knots on pressed hair.

alainaraye

Jumbo flexi rods (2 to 4)

Or

2 to 3 bantu knots

Product is not really necessary as long as you set at night. I normally use a paddle brush to help to distribute the natural oil produced by my scalp before I set. I only use a teeny weeny bit coconut oil if my ends are starting to frizz, but I really don't need it until going into the 2nd week of my press. HTH

My profile pic shows the results of using 3 bantu knots on pressed hair.

Thanks!! I never even thought of bantu knots. I'm going to try it over the weekend. I appreciate the suggestion!

Lita

Hi! I do pin curls or place flexi rods on the ends,satin bonnet to cover..In the am use a little holding spray...

Happy Hair Growing!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Like yours too, my curls don't last all day...maybe like 4 to 5 hours though. I always carry scrunchies or banana clips in my purse so I'm always able to make a nice ponytail.

alainaraye

Hi! I do pin curls or place flexi rods on the ends,satin bonnet to cover..In the am use a little holding spray...

Happy Hair Growing!

Thank you :) for some reason I can't master a pin curl to save my life! What holding spray do you use?