June 2 3 4 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Saturday Night:
Overnight: ST'icals Knot Glide (Saran Wrap & Plastic Cap)

Sunday a.m.:

Cleanse: BN's Peppermint Detox Cowash
Treat: Cathy Howse UBH (Under Dryer)
Steam: NurCreations Matcha & Avocado DC'er
Leave-In: Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee/Butter/Grease/Oil
Final R/O: Oyin's Honey Hemp or HV's Methi Step 2

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Haven't decided if I will do a WnG or twists yet. If I do WnG, replace Type 4 Hair Cream with Wetline Gel.

Scalp Treatment: Cantu ACV Root Rinse
Cleanse: Redken Hair Cleansing Creme
Detangle: SSI Sugar Peach Super Moist Conditioner & SSI Apple Nectar Nourishing Conditioner
DC: TGIN Honey Miracle Moisture Mask
Post-wash: some leave-in spray TBD, Treluxe Naturals Untie the Knot, MyHoneyChild Type 4 Hair Cream

ladybee1922

Prepping for a full take down of mini braids after 6 months. Using Vatika coconut oil with steam and SM Manuka Honey Masque after wash. Will likely go into large braids for a while then back into mini braids.
Expecting my Hot Head Cap today will DC with SM JBCO Masque w/ added Hydrolyzed wheat protein

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Prepping for a full take down of mini braids after 6 months. Using Vatika coconut oil with steam and SM Manuka Honey Masque after wash. Will likely go into large braids for a while then back into mini braids.
Expecting my Hot Head Cap today will DC with SM JBCO Masque w/ added Hydrolyzed wheat protein

Were the mini braids braided the entire 6 months or did you redo them periodically?

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Monthly I took down and removed shed hair and rebraid one at a time. I washed, conditioned and did henna and indigo in them too.

Thanks for replying. I want to keep my mini braids in for a while but I hate redoing them lol. I guess I'll just suck it up. The set I have in now has been in for a month and I plan to keep them in for about another 2-3 weeks. I color with chemicals so I'm too scared to do it with the braids in.

imaginary

Re-did the perimeter of my braids. Took them down, detangled and removed the accumulated lint then I sprayed aphogee green tea and keratin restructurizer, argan oil and Lottabody moisture milk on each braid before re-braiding. This method works the best for me, so I'll do my crown little by little so I can keep the style in longer.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
This weekend I'm trialing a regimen tweak -- moving detanging from Step 1 to AFTER deep conditioning.
The reason: A thread had posts about this, and now I'm wondering if detangling will be less damaging/easier by that point.

Steps:
  1. Use fingers to gently elongate old hairstyle.
  2. Steam hair for 30 minutes.
  3. Apply scalp cleanser (Cantu ACV rinse) to scalp and thoroughly massage in. Ensure cool tingling feeling all over scalp.
  4. Section hair into 10 sections (5 on each half) with the Goody Ouchless updo barrettes. Apply strands cleanser (J.R. Liggetts moisturizing shampoo bar) to strands. Do a little de-webbing at this point.
  5. Rinse and apply balancing deep conditioner (Mielle Organics Babassu Mint DC) under heat for 35+ minutes.
  6. Rinse and apply hydrator (AVJ).
  7. Apply detangling leave-in (Soultanicals Hair Glide) and fully detangle hair (via the funnel method?).
  8. Apply styler and (set) style. (I'm still deciding on how to style.)
At the moment I'm under the HairFlair with the Mielle Organics DC in. So far I really, really like the tweak, largely because both the shampoo bar and the DC have amazing slip, so it hasn't felt "crazy" to be applying product and water when I have yet to have (fully/truly) detangled.

LushLox

Tonight I'll pre poo with Kerastase Soin Therapiste and a little Darshana oil.

Cleanse on Sunday morning with Moroccanoil Repair Shampoo.

DC for several hours with SachaJuan Hair Repair.

ETA: Actually will use Anita Grant Rhassoul cubes to DC instead.

Sunday evening roller set using Sachajuan leave in conditioner.

On dry hair use a dab of PhytoSpecific Ultra Repair Overnight treatment then wrap hair for Monday.

I will wear a loose bun all week.

Last edited:

ladybee1922

Shampoo never felt sooo good!!! LOL
I tried the Hot Head cap yesterday and It's okay but today I'm going under the hood dryer for a long protein and a moisture session.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I didnt have much time this morning and had to wash, so I:

1. Applied diluted Neutrogena TGel shampoo to scalp for 10 minutes. Rinsed out.
  2. Detangled and applied my DC/leave in. Covered with plastic cap while I wrapped up some work and packed clothes for a daytrip (20 minutes or so)
  3. Misted hair with water until soaking wet, applied wetline gel in very large sections then swept into loose low ponytail.

Rozlewis

Today:
Pre-poo: Warm Almond Oil on scalp and Annabelle's Pre-poo treatment on length
Poo: Shea Moisture Shampoo with EO
Tea rinse: Fenugreek, Green Tea
DC: Silk Dreams Vanilla Cream Moisture Dream under heat for 30 mins
Leave-ins: Annabelles/Oil/Naturelle Grow
Dry: Air dry
Moisture: Oyin Hair Dew
Seal: Annabelles oil
Pomade: TPS Rosemary Pomade

ladybee1922

Today:
Pre-poo: Warm Almond Oil on scalp and Annabelle's Pre-poo treatment on length
Poo: Shea Moisture Shampoo with EO
Tea rinse: Fenugreek, Green Tea
DC: Silk Dreams Vanilla Cream Moisture Dream under heat for 30 mins
Leave-ins: Annabelles/Oil/Naturelle Grow
Dry: Air dry
Moisture: Oyin Hair Dew
Seal: Annabelles oil
Pomade: TPS Rosemary Pomade
@Rozlewis do you use fenugreek seeds or powder?

MzRhonda

Tonight I washed my hair using a different shampoo, conditioner and leave in and my hair feels nice and soft with body after blow drying. :up:

Can you believe this Wen girl tried something different and really like it. :)

It was a shampoo and conditioner I received with an order of products from Melaleuca, it was part of my order I did not choose it. Now I need to try their hot iron prep spray.

Anyone else ever use their haircare products?

discodumpling

Wash: CON Argan
Detangle: Natures Advantage Honey Almond
Treat: Aphogee
DC: Sally's ION Intense Moisture
Leavein: ORS Ghee & Coconut
Butter: ORS Ghee & Coconut
Gel: Eco Argan
Air dried while I lived life on this busy Sunday. Now stretched with 2 scrunchies under my scarf for bed. G'night :)

MzRhonda

Tonight I washed my hair using a different shampoo, conditioner and leave in and my hair feels nice and soft with body after blow drying. :up:

Can you believe this Wen girl tried something different and really like it. :)

It was a shampoo and conditioner I received with an order of products from Melaleuca, it was part of my order I did not choose it. Now I need to try their hot iron prep spray.

Anyone else ever use their haircare products?
Quoting myself because I had to add that I just finished flat ironing (I am 3 years natural) and my hair has so much bounce and body. :up: I am going to wrap my hair and go to bed.