July 19,20,21...What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans??

winona

[USER=297946]EnExitStageLeft[/USER];18753565 said:
Decided to postpone my Texturizer until the 9th, so I'm changing up a few products.

-Prepoo with Haiveda Vatika Oil
-Shampoo w/ Soft Sheen Carson Breathru Shampoo
-Do a REconstructive Treatment w/ SheScentIt Fortifying Masque
-DC w/ Steam using Silk Dream Avocado Pudding on top of Rooibus Tea
-Apply leaves ins: ACV Solution, Claudies Mango Creme Rinse topped w/ the Satin Hair Daily Moisturizer, seal with Montego Bay oil and apply Phyto Phytokeratine Reparative Serum to my ends
-Air dry using the Banding Method and BUN another week through :grin:

Phyto Phytokeratine Reparative Serum

This stuff is awesome but I think I may be using too much. How much do you use? I need to spread out my bottle until the next phyto sale:)

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Friday Night:
- Overnight with Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Deep Conditioner

Saturday:
- Shampoo with Aubrey Organics White Camellia
- Detangle with Yes to Carrots Conditioner
- Kinky Curly Knot Today as my leave-in
- Seal with Grapeseed Oil
- Style with 1/3 Kinky Curly Curling Custard (left side); 1/3 III Sisters Curling Gelo (right side); and 1/3 Curls Goddess Curls (back)

Sunday
- Co-wash with Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle
- Kinky Curly Knot Today as leave-in (or Curly Junkie Smoothing Lotion)
- Seal with JBCO
- Flat Twist with Karen Body Beautiful Super Duper Hydrating Hair Cream

EnExitStageLeft

Phyto Phytokeratine Reparative Serum

This stuff is awesome but I think I may be using too much. How much do you use? I need to spread out my bottle until the next phyto sale:)

@winona

2013-07-19_23.15.02.jpg I use about this much per section (I apply product in 4 sections), maybe even a little bit less. You better conserve that deliciousness! This stuff ain't cheap :lol:.

Last edited:

Bun Mistress

You all are on top of things! Well I'm really please with my third times the charm LUSH indigo treatment from last week, finally black.

I'm going to cowash with wen tonight and flat twist then DC on Sunday and twist for ther week.

winona

[USER=297946]EnExitStageLeft[/USER];18753981 said:
@winona

I use about this much per section (I apply product in 4 sections), may even a little bit less. You better conserve that deliciousness! This stuff ain't cheap :lol:.

Oh my goodness I use way more than that :/ I knew there was a problem when I ran out of a bottle in a month and I only use it weekly for my sets :O it is amazing that I wanted to make sure it got everywhere :/ and I wasn't sure if I was properly coating my ends I'm natural but I see I was probably being extra lol:). Thank you

EnExitStageLeft

Oh my goodness I use way more than that :/ I knew there was a problem when I ran out of a bottle in a month and I only use it weekly for my sets :O it is amazing that I wanted to make sure it got everywhere :/ and I wasn't sure if I was properly coating my ends I'm natural but I see I was probably being extra lol:). Thank you

No problem :)! I'm still working on my first bottle and Ive been using it about 7 months now and its no where near empty. I only use it on my ends, so that may be another reason.

Last edited:

Rozlewis

Today I will:

Prepoo with Vatika oil and 30 minutes under the conditioning cap
Shampoo with Keracare Hydrating Detangling shampoo
Rnise and apply Roux porosity control
DC under steam for 30 minutes with Mizani Moisturefuse, Manuka Raw Honey, Peppermint and Rosemary oil
Rinse, apply leave-ins; Keracare and It's a 10 with protein
Rollerset or airdry and bun

mshoneyfly

-Poo with shea moisture African black soap
-Tresemme Naturals for 5 min
-Protein treat w/Nubian Heritage hemp & Tamanu masque for 45 min
-Tea rinse
-DC w/shea moisture purification masque overnight
-Air dry to 80%
-Blow dry on cool setting
-9 big Pin curls

Wait a minute! I did this already on thursday!! I musta posted in the wrong thread!

NIN4eva

Well, I had one of those midnight chopping sessions Wednesday night...Laying on the couch twirling my freshly DC'd and blow dried hair when I noticed that about an inch of ends in my nape had to go. In the past year I've realized that my nape cannot be relaxed as there's barely any natural curl back there and it WILL break off if relaxed, so I'm growing out the relaxer there completely. I'm also getting rid of no-lye relaxed bone straight length all over, so there's going to be a lot of trimming going on. I will be going back to texlaxing with lye. The past year or so has been a lye vs no-lye experiment and now I have my answer. There's been quite a lot experimenting (ponytails? nope can't have'em, regular heat? nope can't do it, etc.) on my head since discovering LHCF so my length goals are still out of reach but I'm learning. I was feeling a bit of regret until a woman walked past my office window and I saw her chewed up ends blowing in the breeze. So once again this year I'm back to a nice blunt collar bone length bob with bangs. I actually cut off more than an inch so I'm confident I'll have that length back in no time.

Today I'll probably skip on over to the vitamin shop and treat my ends to an Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose DC while I work out.

Brownie518

I'm sitting with TeaLightful Shine soaking in for the day. I'll prepoo with some Protein conditioner, not sure which yet. I'll wash with Go Moist, pour on some Coffee and then Silk Dreams Razz DC and let that sit under a cap for an hour. I'll finish with Shi Naturals Tea Rinse.
My leave in will be CD Monoi AntiBreakage spray with Kahve leave in on top, sealed with Nourish oil.

Britt

I washed my hair yesterday. I experimented with bentonite clay and acv as a mask for my scalp.
I then washed it out in the shower with my Dr Bronners baby mild poo. Deep conditioned with Cj curl rehab. Air dried in a ponytail with hair pinned up.

The clay wash was a little difficult to wash off my relaxed hair and left a bit of a residue I think. But my new growth didn't feel that way at all so I'm thinking these clay type products are best applied to my scalp and new growth going forward. I used it mainly for my scalp anyway to detox my scalp.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-527978934.jpg
    image-527978934.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 19

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@NIN4eva
Nice Update. Keep us posted on how things turn out. I'm sure you'll be where you want to be in no time.

@Brittster

Yeah, I find that I can't use to many Clay-type products on my Relaxed hair as well, even though I'm attracted to them.

I just sold some on the exchange forum because as much as I want them, I know they work better on Naturals.

The easiest to rinse out for Relaxed Hair for me has been SM's Purification Mask. It's not as much Clay.

In fact, I love it as a Cowash/Clarifying type of product.

Britt

@NIN4eva
Nice Update. Keep us posted on how things turn out. I'm sure you'll be where you want to be in no time.

@Brittster

Yeah, I find that I can't use to many Clay-type products on my Relaxed hair as well, even though I'm attracted to them.

I just sold some on the exchange forum because as much as I want them, I know they work better on Naturals.

The easiest to rinse out for Relaxed Hair for me has been SM's Purification Mask. It's not as much Clay.

In fact, I love it as a Cowash/Clarifying type of product.

Ohhh yeahhh, I see how this may not be best for relaxed hair. I'm toying with transitioning to natural and looking into products to detox my scalp. Next time I use clay type products I'll apply it to my roots and scalp only.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Brittster

I also tried & fell in love with: Butters n Bars Pink Morroccan Clay Hair Mask.:yep:

I even steamed with it once, but it turned the water in my Steamer Reddish/Pink so I stopped because I thought it might ruin my Steamer.

It was difficult to rise out, but made your hair extra, extra Soft.

The SM Purification was about the easiest to rinse.

NIN4eva

Allandra

Your hair looks great. Fresh cut ends are the business aren't they? Gonna break my neck whipping my little bob around, lol.

kupenda

Just shampooed with Bobeam ACV and Bentonite clay bar. Im letting it dry just a tad before applying Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk. Havent decided if I want to DC overnight or not. Will rinse afterwards and twist with Hemp Nostalgia. Seal with whatever oil I can find and keep my hair twisted til Monday

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Friday Night:
- Overnight with Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Deep Conditioner

Saturday:
- Shampoo with Aubrey Organics White Camellia
- Detangle with Yes to Carrots Conditioner
- Kinky Curly Knot Today as my leave-in
- Seal with Grapeseed Oil
- Style with 1/3 Kinky Curly Curling Custard (left side); 1/3 III Sisters Curling Gelo (right side); and 1/3 Curls Goddess Curls (back)

Sunday
- Co-wash with Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle
- Kinky Curly Knot Today as leave-in (or Curly Junkie Smoothing Lotion)
- Seal with JBCO
- Flat Twist with Karen Body Beautiful Super Duper Hydrating Hair Cream

My experiment worked. Never again will I use the III Sisters Curling Gelo. It is much thicker than the other two products, smells like fruit and chemicals, and it flakes like crazy. Kinky Curly Curling Custard is great!