Jamaican Black Castor Oil

prettybyrd

Diva_Esq, I use it because massaging it into my scalp has helped to restore my edges. Or I should say, helping; they aren't nearly as full as I'd like them to be, but they are getting better.

Last edited:

StarScream35

Loving

I have used both JBCO and regular CO for sealing and to me there is a difference. First of all I air-dry my hair and I stretch my relaxers. I've been up and down the battlefield looking for something to seal moisture in. I've tried coconut oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, you name it, nothing worked! I finally started using JBCO and CO to seal and hands down to JBCO cause it works the best. Not only does it seal in the moisture but it makes my relaxed and non-relaxed hair feel amazing. I hear JBCO is good for growing both eyebrows and eyelashes so that will be my next venture. I recently ordered some extra dark JBCO so hopefully that will be even better. Just hope I don't get pimples in the face from using it like one girl said.

A few more things about CO vs JBCO.........JBCO is way thicker but CO is thick also. JBCO smells like cigarette ashes and CO.......not sure what it smells like but it has a more nauseating smell I can't put my finger on.

Good Luck!

StarScream35

Anyone tried the coconut Jamaican Black Castor Oil? I read one review and she said it made her scalp itch. I big no no for me.

hair4romheaven

I am currently using jbco xtra dark & am in p.s so I cant tell u if I have super growth. The only thing I notice so far is the smell is stronger.

Aggie

I may order one of these and see how I like it. I do like the original one a lot so we'll see.

lamaria211

Do they sell it in any bss i really hate online purchasing just cause when i buy something i want it right then and there not 2-6 weeeks:nono: i like instant gratification

Phaer

Applying Rosemary jbco to my scalp daily. I am trying to combat any possible negative effects of this last installation of kinky twists. They didn't feel tight until they were almost done braiding.

CurlyMoo

Just got Sunny Isle Extra Dark Jamaican black Castor Oil

Got it for my mother as she has had some serious damage done to her hair by her incompetent hairdresser. I will be applying it for her and showing her how to use it. I got it because it's suppose to be the most potent oil on the market. I hope so, because I want to help regrow her hair.

I will be using some myself, but mixing it with other oils as the strong odor makes me want to vomit.

Will keep you guys updated.

TheNDofUO

I've just started using it on my edges... Will try and remember to keep you posted.
I like the burnt smell...
(don't judge me)

LovelyDelight

Any results on using this product? I saw it on Amazon for about $13.00 with two day free shipping (I have Prime). I'm thinking of using it because of all the pros I've heard about it moisturizing and thickening hair...