Black Castor Oil (Jamaican)-Darkening Oils

MizaniMami

Hey Girls,

I got a really dumb question.:blush: I am trying to make a hair darkening oils mix. But I was wondering if Jamaican Black castor oil really black in color? Does it stain your hair a little?

I have the following oils to make the mix:
HempSeed oil
Carrot oil (deep orange)
Amla oil

And I want to add Jamaican Black Castor oil and some others

Any suggestions for really dark hair oils?

Renaylor

Jamaican Black Castor oil is a medium brown to dark brown color and it does not stain the hair that I am aware of, it should mix well with other oils although I never tried it.However it works great by itself ,it has wonderful moisturizing properties and can be mixed with any conditioners.:)

beana

i love jamiacan black castor oil. I know indian women use the amla to darken their hair and to offset graying, but they have jet black hair to begin with. I know when i use the castor oil it makes my dark brown hair appear jet black, BUT i also use a clear rinse which makes my hair appear darker too.

Hey MizaniMami, :wave: I was wondering if you had any luck with the hair darkening oils? I'm also looking for a harmless way to darken my hair. :)

Also, I've just recently learned that Sage Oil is also known to darken the hair. I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, but I thought I'd pass the info on.

MizaniMami

chocolatesis said:
Hey MizaniMami, :wave: I was wondering if you had any luck with the hair darkening oils? I'm also looking for a harmless way to darken my hair. :)

Also, I've just recently learned that Sage Oil is also known to darken the hair. I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, but I thought I'd pass the info on.

Hey There!!! I haven't had no luck with this mix. I did buy th ejamaican black castor oil and mixed it with the other oils I mentioned and it didn't work.

I'll just stick with rinses

Thanks for responding MizaniMami. That's what I've been doing also.

I'm looking into using black tea to darken my hair (maybe even mix some sage oil with it). I know that tea is sometimes used to dye fabric, and I have heard of it being used to darken hair. I'm still determined to find a solution. :D If I do, I'll definately post it.

MizaniMami

chocolatesis said:
Thanks for responding MizaniMami. That's what I've been doing also.

I'm looking into using black tea to darken my hair (maybe even mix some sage oil with it). I know that tea is sometimes used to dye fabric, and I have heard of it being used to darken hair. I'm still determined to find a solution. :D If I do, I'll definately post it.

Oh please do. I was thinking of using black Tea also!!! Which brand do you think you were going to use? Let me know. I might try this this week...

myco

I think you might have more success by using Amla powder rather than Amla oil in your mix. Using the amla powder will allow you to get a stronger concentration than the oil. I know that when I was using it consistently my sister actually asked me when I started dying my hair a darker color. That wasn't my intention but it really worked.

Amla powder does not work well as a leave-in, as is. You'll feel like you have sand in your hair. But you might be able to infuse your other oils by heating them with amla powder and then straining the amla out. I would usually make a paste of Amla powder and olive or coconut oil that I would apply at my roots and through to the ends as a pre-shampoo treatment.

MizaniMami said:
Oh please do. I was thinking of using black Tea also!!! Which brand do you think you were going to use? Let me know. I might try this this week...

I hadn't really thought of which brand I'd use. I was just thinking of using something like Lipton or Salada :lol:, and just make the tea mixture as dark as possible. Now I'm wondering if there are certain teas that would be better for this though.

MizaniMami

chocolatesis said:
I hadn't really thought of which brand I'd use. I was just thinking of using something like Lipton or Salada :lol:, and just make the tea mixture as dark as possible. Now I'm wondering if there are certain teas that would be better for this though.

Cool, let me know as soon as possible.