Jamaican Black Castor Oil

*crystal*

Has anyone tried The Jamaican Black Castor Oil Extra Dark Formula. I've never tried Castor Oil before, and I'm interested in trying this because I've heard so many good things about it on LHCF. If anyone has, please give input!!:scratchch:scratchch:scratchch. THANKS!

Qualitee

You mean this?

*crystal*

Are you talking about this one:

IF so I never seen this one in the stores, only online
Thank you!!! It's this brand, Sunny Isle Extra Dark. I wanted to know if anyone has tried it. I was wondering if it might be more irritating, because of the higher ash content? Trying to grow thicker strands (my hair is very fine, but at between APL and BSB):yep::yep::yep: Sorry for the slow reply BTW.

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
I never knew they had a darker one. I use the tropic isle one and its kinda dark already. But i like jbco it's growing my hair :grin:.

RedVelvet310

...... FINE! I'LL BUY IT! :look:
:look:I have been hearing about this for a tad bit too long there is a store on the other side of town that sells this stuff... I guess I'm making a weekend trip :ohwell: ... *le sigh*

makeupvixen

I'm using the Extra Dark JBCO in a challenge over on Hairlicous.

The smell is even more smokey and burnt than the original.

I noticed my hair was thickening in just 3 days of doing the Ultimate Level Challenge (Scalp massage with it, add the deep conditioners, add to creams and leave ins and seal the ends with it)

What I don't like about it is the pimples it's causing. About 5 other girls have complained about getting painful acne after using it. I have to baggy mair hair each night and wash my pilliow cases (satin) every other day. I thne have to make sure my hair doesn't touch my face and that I wash my hands a lot thoughout the day.

Also since the smell is so powerful I had purchased KBB Hair Milk in Cranberry Cocktail and that masks the smell. I added the Hail Milk, ED JBCO and some Rose Water to a spray bottle and I use it as a leave in now. That works the best for me and I will be using it as my leave in even after the challenge.

I have notice the thickness but haven't noticed growth yet. We shall see this July

amber815

I got mine from jamaicanblackcastoroil.com. I just got it today, it doesn't seem as thick as the original and it definitely has a stronger smell...gotta figure out how to use it to cut the smell. I have time though because I have to finish up the last 3 or so ounces of the lavender bottle I have.

swalker31

I received my shipment last week. I bought the variety pack all four products. I cracked open the Rosemary CO first and have used three or four times this week. I love it!!! Its not as thick as sams247.com brand. I'll definitely repurchase more in the future.

Tiye

Does the rosemary mask the burnt smell? I'm a bit worried about the jbco because some people seem to be saying its got a strong burnt smell...

I have the sams247 brand and you notice a slight smell when you pour it out to apply it but there is no lingering smell. I don't use a lot and I only use it once a week.

I think I'll try the extra dark at jbco.com when I run out. I guess this is the equiv of extra virgin where you get the most benefit from using it. If the smell's too strong I'll add essential oil.

lamaria211

if the darker the color the more ash whats with the red one???? i have an indian herbal castor oil that i want to try soon as my tropical aisle is done

D.Lisha

wow...as soon az i get the REGULAR JBCO....I learn about ANOTHER, BETTER VERSION OF JBCO....lol....smh!
I just can't win from losing! :lachen:

VirGoViXxEn

ive used the regular and the lavender and loved them both. They both have helped me maintain root to end thickness. I have to see about this extra dark version.

mscocopuff

I have tried it and it is awesome. The smell is a little much.. I put a few drops of eucalyptus and jasmine oil and that helped a lot. I no longer have a flaky scalp and my hair is hella soft. I like it better than the regular castor oil. It's a little thinner and can be used on your ends too.

Sent from Cat's iPhone using LHCF