I've Reached a Personal Length Milestone

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
I\'ve Reached a Personal Length Milestone

Hi Ladies~ just wanted to share my news that I've recently reached another of my "personal length goals". I kind of lost interest in my hair after I reached my first length goal of 12inches last spring but in the back of my mind I've also had a secondary goal of being able to reach behind my back and grab the ends of my hair and I accomplished that just a few days ago! My hair is natural so I can only do it in the shower with the water spray on my hair but I CAN do it and without tilting my head back. /images/graemlins/weird.gif I wasn't expecting to get there until maybe January or so.I think this means that some of my hair is bra-strap length when fully stretched. Mind you it's just the hair at my nape that reaches, it'll probably be another year before most or all my hair will reach, but it seemed to happen so all of a sudden! One week I couldn't reach the ends and the next week I could. The best part is Fall/Winter is when my hair grows the fastest so I have high hopes of bra-length hair by springtime. Of course when it's dry it shrinks up to my neck but I could care less. I haven't straightened it since June and have no plans to do so since my ends are still fine.( I blowdry it straight only to trim). I'm pretty sure my hair is longer than it's been since I was 5 or 6 years old. All I can attribute it to is leaving it alone. I do very little in the way of styling. /images/graemlins/spinning.gif I stopped Surging regularly
last spring because I felt it wasn't effective anymore and I got tired of the extra step. I still use it now and then when I think of it though.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
Re: I\'ve Reached a Personal Length Milestone

wonderful so happy to hear you made it
after looking at your album i figured that you are the one who inspired my recent photo editing experiments LOL

sengschick

The Bun Master

Congrats!!! /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif You hair is beautiful and I /images/graemlins/love.gif the natural curls.

Carlie

Congrats JetCityGirl! You have beautiful hair!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

J

JenniferMD

Congratulations!!! Your hair is beautiful!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

congrats on reaching your goal! you have some nice natural hair! keep up the good hair care! /images/graemlins/king.gif

ricochet

You go Jet! You know you are my hair inspiration! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

adrienne0914

congratulations! doesn't it feel great? the sky's the limit, jet! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Valerie

Congratulations, Jetcitygirl. Your hair looks very beautiful. Keep up the good work.

oglorious1

Mixologist

Congratulations, I guess you don't need photoshop any more to get that long hair!!

Faith

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations, I guess you don't need photoshop any more to get that long hair!!

[/ QUOTE ]Huh? What did I miss?

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time

Wow, your hair is pretty! Congratulations on reaching your goal.

Nay

Good for you!! Very nice hair (in all of its different styles)

Natalie76

Your hair looks great! Are you saying that after using Surge for a while it just stopped working? Say it isnt so!
How long were you using Surge altogether before it become ineffective and how much of a decrease in growth did you see? Thanks!

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword

Congratulations! /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!

Absolutely beautiful! /images/graemlins/weird.gif Congrats to you!

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses

Thanks guys! I know I have a long way to go to make it to the lengths on some of those gorgeous heads here, but every little milestone is a victory! You're all an inspiration to me!

Regarding the Surge, I quit using it regularly after about 5months because I wasn't getting the same results that I got at first. And once I got to my "length goal" of 12 inches I wasn't that interested in growing my hair anymore for a while. When first going natural I had that 12-inch goal on the brain and I needed a break from hair-related obsessions for a while. I'm sure someone here can relate! The first few months I used Surge I'd say my hair grew about 50% faster than usual-from .5"/month to 1"/month. Now it's back to it's normal .5". I didn't have any ill effects from Surge but I did use it only on wet hair after rinsing and I was rinsing it every day at the time.

A_Christian

Congradulations on reaching another goal! Keep up the great work with your hair, it looks really healthy! We have the same hair type, I would love to have a head full of natural hair that looks like yours! :)

Tai

Absolutely gorgeous hair. Congrats on reaching your hair goal. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

SherryLove

congratulations /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif your hair is beautiful......