Vitamins and Itchy Scalp

FashionistaNY

Since taking vitamins my scalp is itching like crazy. Any suggestions on how I can alleviate this? It's not dandruff/dry scalp because there's no flakes. It just itches like crazy.

isawstars

Wow, I've been going through the same thing... except i didn't think about vitamins being the cause! I looked in old posts about itchiness and some ladies said that's a sign of a growth spurt... I'm not sure if that's true but... yeah. Hopefully there will be more responses to this thread.

OneInAMillion

I've been havin the same problem, and it started when I switched up to a stronger vitamin regiment. I hope it's a growth spurt!

baglady215

I had an itchy scalp when I hit a major growth spurt. It could be vitamins if they are making your hair grow. Tea tree oil worked wonders for my itchies!

Peachtree

I'm not a doc, but it could be: 1) Growth spurt, 2) allergic reaction, 3) dry scalp. Well, let's just hope for the growth spurt!!! When I'm on my vits, I ALWAYS have the itchies.... it ALWAYS turns out to be a growth spurt :yay:

For my itchies, I'll add a few drops of peppermint oil to my conditioner... talk about a "cooling, invigorating sensation"!!!!! STOPS THE ITCHIES IN IT'S TRACKS!!