Itching=Growing?

Suri

I don't mean chronic itching as a result of dandruff or extremely dry scalp.

But from time to time and lately since I have been consistent with surge, I notice that my hair itches I scratch lightly for a few seconds and then other areas will itch for the same amount of time.

I co wash and my scalp/hair is always very moisturized. I have heard before that when it itches, it means it's growing. Any thoughts or testimonies?

:)

meia

Suri said:
I don't mean chronic itching as a result of dandruff or extremely dry scalp.

But from time to time and lately since I have been consistent with surge, I notice that my hair itches I scratch lightly for a few seconds and then other areas will itch for the same amount of time.

I co wash and my scalp/hair is always very moisturized. I have heard before that when it itches, it means it's growing. Any thoughts or testimonies?

:)

I think itching is a sign of newer growth...i know (not with surge because i didnt use it as long) but with MTG the same thing happens and once I wash it out of my hair, incredible growth is evident. im thinking suri that it is a sign of growth. Im thinking that the reason for the itching is because the scalp is experiencing accelerated hair growth..and so in part with the accelerated hair growth, the scalp itches but im thinking its the fast growth thats making it itch (think for instance of hair being pushed out of the scalp at whatever rate..it bound to cause some reaction)...

hehehe ive always thought this too and its proved to be true for me! hehehe goood luck girl!

ps: you like bollywood films too? i coulda *sworn* i saw that picture before! hehehe! :grin:

Nita81

I use surge 14 as well and my hair itches from time to time. I have noticed about 1/2 inch of new growth since I started using it....I think around the end of July.

andreab

Since I 've been using Surge I have also noticed the itching. I've been wearing braids for 3 weeks and using Surge for 10 days now. Especially this weekend after I used witch hazel on my scalp and conditioner washed.

Grow Hair Grow. I haven't seen any growth to really jump for joy about for that matter.

meia

thats why i stopped using it. i wasnt seeing enough results to keep using it..and for 6 dollars, it wasnt worth it to buy again..although im thinking of trying again!

secretdiamond

Yeah, surge didn't do much for me in terms of growth, but I have put it to good use with my hair and detangling and stuff to finish the bottle.

ThursdayGirl

PerfectDoak said:
IMO itching equals one of two things:

1) Hair (well, scalp) needs washing
or
2) Allergic to product

I agree with this... the other option could be

3) Scalp is dry

I take supplements too and have used surge... and I find when I put some light oil on my scalp or am consistent with my ACV washes (i.e. cleaner scalp) the itch goes away.

Suri

I think my itch is the blood flowing...it's not a bothersome itch and I have no other signs of allergic reaction or dry scalp (with the way I moisturize, massage & oil my scalp :naughty: , no way).

Yeah some people don't get any results from Surge. I think it's working well for me. There's a lot of buzz about MTG, I am concerned that it may stop growing so wildly if I ever stop using it :ohwell: