Is Oil Sheen Necessary if I use Oil anyway?

RossBoss

Well, that is my question. I use oil on my hair after my wet sets. What can oil sheen do that real oil can't? If you use real oil, does it make sense to try to incorporate oil sheen into my regimen?

lushlady

I haven't used oil sheen in years. Two or three drops of oil work just fine for me without the unnecessary ingredients.

virtuenow

I got rid of the oil sheen when I went natural 5 yrs ago and got hip to all of these glisteninhg oils....like coconut, jojoba, emu, etc! You don't need it

Solitude

I still use a light spritz of oil sheen occasionally....mineral oil doesn't bother me. I don't like getting oil all over my hands and weighing my hair down, so I prefer oil sheen. Mineral oil can also lock in moisture, just like any other oil....I use it when I saran wrap my hair.

Aireen

Oil sheen usually has mineral oil along with other added oils and possibly other ingredients. For me if I did use oils, I'd just use the natural, straight oil I have by rubbing it in my hands or using it in a spray bottle to avoid all the extras, plus it's cheaper.

LushLox

I'm not the biggest fan of oil sheen, I have a full can that has hardly been used. My stylist, however, loves it. She liberally applies it to my hair whenever she straightens it, even though I insist she only use a little bit. End result, limp and lifeless hair. :look:

I think it's okay if it is lightly used, but I prefer using natural oils or serums.

FearfullyMade

I think it's a waste also, and I still have 2 cans of oil sheen from a while back, I'm thinking I might start using it up on my weave to bring the sheen back whenever I wash it.

I wouldn't buy anymore because of the alcohol that's in most sprays.

I like a little oil sheen during the summer although I haven't used any in quite awhile. Profectiv has a good spray sheen with no mineral oil...