Oil Sheen Users: Isoplus vs ORS Olive Oil

Jay

Hey everyone,
Im looking for a good oil sheen in the next few days and it seems that ORS Olive Oil and Isoplus are the most popular. Which one is would be better though? I'm looking for something that will give me a better shine to my hair without weighing it down. And, could I use oil sheen on my hair daily??

TIA

I've used both in the past and I prefer ORS over Isoplus. Both are kinda heavy to me, but ORS is lighter. I actually prefer Mizani Oil Sheen. Leaves a nice shine and doesn't weigh it down.

ayoung

ORS is good--don't know why I like it over Isoplus---but i do.
I don't use oil sheen often though.

What about a glosser for shine? They really give shine and are light.

taj

ORS!! :) Another option is Shea Butter sheen spray, it's a daily moisturizing shine treatment. It's by fantasia and it comes in a bronze can. I prefer this over ORS. :grin:

LaReyna756

Cutiepie7691 said:
I've used both in the past and I prefer ORS over Isoplus. Both are kinda heavy to me, but ORS is lighter. I actually prefer Mizani Oil Sheen. Leaves a nice shine and doesn't weigh it down.

I love Mizani Oil Sheen too, next for me is Soft and Beautiful, then Isoplus and ORS. I have bottles of all of these on the shelf that I need to use up.

ORS is kind of heavy to me. It's good, but I was kind of disappointed when I first tried it.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I don't use oil sheen anymore, but when I did I used both. Isoplus is heavy, so I used it as a heat protectant. I don't like the smell of ORS, but it'd be better for everyday shine and health.

asubeauty

I use ORS now, but I don't use it every day, just when I think about it.

Isoplus was too heavy for me.

angelita842002

I have the ORS Sheen. I like the way it smells. I spray only a little bit usually on my ends when my hair is straightned so not very often.

curlilocs

Since going natural, I don't use oil sheen anymore, but I preferred ORS over Isoplus when I was a permie. I remember that Isoplus made a light oil sheen that was pretty good in comparison to the regular. I also agree with another poster that Mizani makes one of the best oil sheens around, it also gives the hair some resistance to humidity.

SvelteVelvet

taj said:
ORS!! :) Another option is Shea Butter sheen spray, it's a daily moisturizing shine treatment. It's by fantasia and it comes in a bronze can. I prefer this over ORS. :grin:

I was wanting to come in here and mention this but I didn't want to hi-jack but yes, I've used all three and that Shea Butter sheen is my baby daddy right there. I LOVE it! It has great ingredients as well.

MissB

I like the Mizani and Design Essentials Oil sheen. The Isoplus is heavy but they used to sell a light version of it. I'm not sure if they still manufacture it. The ORS is definately lighter. But, I will have to check out the Shea Butter one. I have been staring at it for awhile now.

Jay

SvelteVelvet said:
I was wanting to come in here and mention this but I didn't want to hi-jack but yes, I've used all three and that Shea Butter sheen is my baby daddy right there. I LOVE it! It has great ingredients as well.

Lol at your response. I think I'm going to buy this one instead. I compared all the oil sheens and I looked at the ingredients and product descriptions and I'm leaning toward Fantasia.

STLCoverGirl

I stick with Alternatives oil sheen, it does wonders for my hair. I have tried Mizani, ORS, Isoplus, you name it, but none of them compare to Alternatives in my book. I use it when wrapping my hair at night and it gives me a lot of shine and moisture.

Namilani

It's weird, but it's kinda like I looked at Isoplus as the "name-brand" oil sheen so I always bought it. Everybody else had it in their house-- it was even at the barber shop! But I then tried ORS b/c of the ingredients and liked it better. Overall, Proclaim is my favorite cheaper oil sheen. KeraCare is my "it" oil sheen, though. I believe I will be trying that Mizani now!

Basically, I will just say between the two I choose ORS. I'm recommending KeraCare to anyone who still uses oil sheen. I think I just use the stuff out of habit, now...