Is it possible to make my gel healthy for my hair?

yardyspice

I've put myself on a personal bun challenge but my eco styler is drying out my hair. I've been mixing in castor oil, Vo5, and glyercin and it seems to make my hair soft. Is it possible to make a gel that's actually helping me on my hhj?

I don't know about making a gel, but Hairveda's Whipped Gelly is amazing. Light hold and it's moisturizing.

i add olive oil and silk amino to eco styler

have you tried curl gel activators?

some people make their own flaxseed gel

Last edited:
I don't know about making a gel, but Hairveda's Whipped Gelly is amazing. Light hold and it's moisturizing.

My hair laughs at anything that is a light hold. I need the thickness of the ecostyler without the dryness afterwards so that's why I am asking for recipes/ideas.

i add olive oil and silk amino to eco styler

have you tried curl activators?

some people make their own flaxseed gel

How does the addition of the olive oil and the silk amino make your feel? I've tried the flaxseed but I am too lazy for that.

La bella styling gel... To me it's much like eco styler without the "dry/crunch"
or put your leave in then olive oil and mix your gel with a little butter like shea or aloe
I like doing that
The olive oil added to gel takes away the dryness for me totally

How about the eco-custard? It like Kimmaytube's leave in except it uses Eco-styler gel.

It has eco-styler gel, aloe vera gel or juice (the type you can digest), castor oil, and jojoba oil.

How about the eco-custard? It like Kimmaytube's leave in except it uses Eco-styler gel.

It has eco-styler gel, aloe vera gel or juice (the type you can digest), castor oil, and jojoba oil.

I mix ecostyler with whipped shea butter and a leave in ----- ratio, 2:1:1. I use this for my twists.

My hair laughs at anything that is a light hold. I need the thickness of the ecostyler without the dryness afterwards so that's why I am asking for recipes/ideas.

How does the addition of the olive oil and the silk amino make your feel? I've tried the flaxseed but I am too lazy for that.

adding a couple tablespoons of oil and the silk my hair stays SOFT no crunch once i style my hair i dont add anything to my hair till i wash it out 10 days later:yep:

silk amino acid is a humectant it works soooo well try it:poke:

I ALWAYS mix oil and/or shea butter into my gel (makes it creamy)and dilute with water or aloe vera juice.

This is why I use conditioner instead of gel. It gives hold without dryness.

Which conditioner do you use that can hold all that hair? Please share.:yep:

Thanks! I am going to try this recipe since I have all the ingredients and I'll add the SAA as previous poster mentioned.

Either add glycerin to your gel, or spray your hair with a water/glycerin mix prior to gelling your hair. I never get dry/crunchy hair. My hair actually stays very moisturized n defined with this method.

Sent from my Zio using Long Hair Care Forum App

Either add glycerin to your gel, or spray your hair with a water/glycerin mix prior to gelling your hair. I never get dry/crunchy hair. My hair actually stays very moisturized n defined with this method.

Sent from my Zio using Long Hair Care Forum App

yup curl gel activators never give me crunchy hair glycerin is always high on the ingredient list:yep:

What kind of curl activators do you use? The bottled s-curl kind, or the clear kind in the jar?

i use the gel in the tub world of curls extra dry formulation:yep: there is a lite and regular kind
i get moisture from it for daaaaaayyyysss:drunk:

i spray my hair with tiny bit of rosewater glycerin spritz...just a little, then a dab of olive oil, then whatever gel i want. i use ampro....ic fantasia.....olive oil edge styler....doesn't matter which gel. the gel i use depends on how far i am into my stretch.

i use the gel in the tub world of curls extra dry formulation:yep: there is a lite and regular kind
i get moisture from it for daaaaaayyyysss:drunk:

Does it keep your hair/edges/flyaways down all day though?? I was thinking of trying this instead of Fantasia IC gel...

Does it keep your hair/edges/flyaways down all day though?? I was thinking of trying this instead of Fantasia IC gel...

i havent tried it for edges yet...its not a holding gel like ecostyler so you would have to layer it for more hold

i think ic gel is more of a holding gel than woc

Back