What Hair Gel Do You Use?

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Why gel couldn't you find anywhere outside of Mexico and California because I'm moving to San Diego in August

Don't know.
There are huge Mexican communities in San Diego, California, though. Xtreme gel will most likely be easy to find there.

cutiepiebabygirl

You can buy the Wetline Gel from Sallys, Amazon, or online. I have been eyeing it myself, but I believe my hair hates wash n go's.

I was ending up with tangled hair and lots of SSKs.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Depends on the style and what I'm looking to achieve...
Edges - Hicks or Curls Control Paste BlueBerry Bliss
Slick hair down for multiple day hold (ex: a bun) - Ecostyler (green) or Komaza Hair Care Coconut Pudding
Soft hold that enhances wave pattern of hair - Bee Mine Curly Butter or HairVeda Whipped Gelly

Gorilla Snot & Wetline work too.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
The only gels my hair will tolerate are:
Kinky Curly Curly Custard
DevaCurl Light Defining Gel
DIY Flax Seed Gel (strong hold, but add honey for an even stronger hold)

They all give great hold w/o drying my hair out.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I'm using wax gels for my edges now: Gorrilla Snot Earwax (wet look) or Murray's Edgewax

For Wash n gos: Uncle Funky's Daughter's Curly Magic or Camille Rose Curl Maker

For buns: EcoStyler pink or clear

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Xtreme Wet line gel is the boo of all time.

When I feel like buying KCCC or my now low stock of Hellocurly, those work but nothing like affordable and easy to get with the Xtreme Wet line. Elongates the hair, shiny and hella clumpage.

SmilingElephant

@bemajor....you know what...I just thought about something...

Have you tried the LA Looks gels?? I cannot use those bc they give me WAY too much hold...I get hold with EcoStyler and the others I listed above...but if you don't get hold with Eco...try LA Looks.

I know a lot of Curlies use the Sport or the Curls one.

Sorry I meant @L.Brown1114 :look: (it's a wine nite :lol:)

L.Brown1114

@bemajor....you know what...I just thought about something...

Have you tried the LA Looks gels?? I cannot use those bc they give me WAY too much hold...I get hold with EcoStyler and the others I listed above...but if you don't get hold with Eco...try LA Looks.

I know a lot of Curlies use the Sport or the Curls one.

Sorry I meant @L.Brown1114 :look: (it's a wine nite :lol:)

Thanks! I will def. take a look at those ive never heard of those

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I was obsessed with IC Fantasia gel but now for some reason it doesn't give me any hold.

Before you answer keep in mind Eco styler gel doesn't even begin to hold my hair. And my hair isn't even that coarse and it's 3c/4a. And because every natural is obsessed with Eco styler it's hard to research other ones that may work. HELP!

I use Ecostyler, the blue one for Color treated hair. I didn't want a hard, Ramen noodle hold and it works great for me. It has a hold of 5. I hated the gels with a hold of 10. My hair would feel so dry & crunchy after using those.