Is it just me or has the forum died down quite a bit...

I noticed it right after the upgrade. Let's face it, the board just isn't the same. I liked it better the way it was, but I guess it's growing on me.

Last edited:
Just wait till christmas comes and everyone is gonna post their end of year results. Its gonna be packed up on here.

BUT, i do think the forum has died down and i think its because the topics are not as interesting as they used to be. Hopefully something will get us talking again soon like a new book or some amazing results.

Now when i come on LHCF i always check the career, entertainment and off topic forums before i come on the hair care section.

I think it can be any combination of things. For me, I have been here since 2002 and all of the hair information tends to repeat. 2. there are sites such as hair... which are 100% free. Also, youtube videos are so informative you do not really to read on info from a hair stie. Plus we are in a recession- for most people who are struggling-growing your hair to knee length may not be your top priority versus finding a JOB. I think most the vetarans have become so knowledgeable that they don't freqent as much. Honestly, I stay more on the entertainment forum versus the other forums combined.

Just wait till christmas comes and everyone is gonna post their end of year results. Its gonna be packed up on here.

BUT, i do think the forum has died down and i think its because the topics are not as interesting as they used to be. Hopefully something will get us talking again soon like a new book or some amazing results.
Now when i come on LHCF i always check the career, entertainment and off topic forums before i come on the hair care section.

lizzyb168...I think you are right...Everything has phases. When I was first a member in 2005 it was very calm, then when I first came back in 2008/2009, It was hot and heavy. I think that the new forum did play a role, though.

I love LHCF, will continue to support the site. Members have been making their own blogs, sites, repeating queries, posts, ideas, had busy lives, finding a great regimen etc. ever since I've been a member so that is not new. The thing which has really kept me away is the upgrade-crazy ads popping in where I did not ask, threads having nothing to do with my search. LHCF was the fastest info/direction finder for my hair care ever! I could have a wet head, log on then quickly find the solution to an immediate concern for my in the process hair but now...takes forever to find the answer to a need it RIGHT NOW problem.

I stopped coming after the upgrade a few months ago. I'm sure that is the reason people stopped coming. I considered making this my last year here, but lhcf has been awesome up until recently! It takes forever for any page to load up. I don't understand the site anymore (it's quite confusing) and it is not pleasing to the eye (small print/icons misplaced/avatars look ugh). I still can't get used to it; but this is probably the 1st week I've felt comfortable enuff to post anything in months. Everything was perfect before, thats why I liked it here. I have started going back to the boards I abandoned for lhcf.

yes it has the upgrades were the death knoll for me :nono: I paid my six fiddy yet for a whole two weeks i could not log on and when i did reloading pages was a killer. :ohwell:

I am not logging on for two reasons: the upgrade has made this site have a learning curve in order to navigate it and for some reason, it never stays logged in so I have to enter my user name and password usually 2 or 3 times before I am recognized. My bookmark for this site no longer takes me here and recognizes me. I don't like the trouble that I have to go through and the ease with which I navigated the old website is no longer there. I used to log on several times a day, now I log on maybe once a week.

This is what I was thinking, btwn youtube, blogs and not to mention all the other free hair forums it has been dry around here.
ugh, sadly...i didn't want to believe it (mainly because it started to die out around the time I became a PAYING member :() but it is going through a drought. Along with all of the other factors that the ladies mentioned (website upgrade, discouraging posters, sucky search......) I think another SERIOUS factor is that fact the MOST of the ladies that have met their hairs have taken what they've learned from here...and started their own blogs/domains that provide a wealth of knowledge to the "new generation" of newbies. Shoot, nowadays all the newbies have to do is follow the blog of someone like MsKibi and probably find all the knowledge they'll ever need without even having to utilize the information of LHCF. And let's not mention alot of the blogs/domains of our hair vets are FREE verses (sp?) the $6.50 fee that you get with this site.
But all in all...I still love my LHCF :yep:

the reason i stopped coming as often is because the spot was banned. i think the last time i came to this site was in september, and i used to check this site everyday, multiple times a day. now i don't have a reason to. i may come back now and again, esp to post hair updates. other than that, i am no longer a frequent poster on this forum. ♥

I stopped coming after the upgrade a few months ago. I'm sure that is the reason people stopped coming. I considered making this my last year here, but lhcf has been awesome up until recently! It takes forever for any page to load up. I don't understand the site anymore (it's quite confusing) and it is not pleasing to the eye (small print/icons misplaced/avatars look ugh). I still can't get used to it; but this is probably the 1st week I've felt comfortable enuff to post anything in months. Everything was perfect before, thats why I liked it here. I have started going back to the boards I abandoned for lhcf.

SHE IS SAYING MY EXACT THOUGHTS

Unfortunately, I will not renew my subscription in March. I lovedddd the old format and it worked stupendous on my BB. Now the site is terribly slow and makes me want to post less.

I agree. I havent been on here in awhile but I totally lost interest but not because of the updates--in fact this is my first time since the updates and its not slow on my end...but it was because of the same types of posts (Whats my hair type, Did you know Miss Jessies/Kinky Curly is at Target, Have you heard of ____?) that don't interest me and makes it seem like its only new people who could just find the information if they searched. I'm all for people posting questions, but I think it makes alot of us who do frequent forums, youtube, blogs bored with the monotony of the threads.
I think it would be better if they did like BHM and actually have a Newbie forum for those type of questions that bog down the forum where alot of us want to learn new products/methods and not want to see who's selling what where and people wanting to know what their hair type is.
Just my opinion...It gets old

I joined a few months before the big update and the site was very much alive. I was of course trying to soak up every piece of information available, lots of members were around and the updates were awesome!

But...then the update happened and personally for myself from the top: 1. The site looks ugly and unappealing. Seriously. I log on and I have 0 passion for posting, I used to do so more or at least feel a serious interest to play around on the site. 2. Traffic is way down, there's not a lot of people around and I don't see a lot of interesting threads up anymore. 3. Variety is the spice of life. I'm not up to my goals so I don't have much to post. And as for other posts well...there's only so many 'This hairdresser did blank to my hair!' 'This person said blank about my hair!' etc etc posts you can react to. I really love you ladies and I love to share and bond with you all but...it's kind of like your girlfriend's go 'You won't BELIEVE what this negro said to me!" for the 500th time. 4. Very little new information. A lot of pic reveals, length checks, flat ironing pics, etc. Again I love these but I agree with whoever said the thank/like button has made folks lazy. I try to always say something but sometimes my fingers just go to that thank/like button and I keep it moving. 5. Oldies are in other parts of the board or off the boards, newbies are doing searches and trying to figure things out even on the hair section of this forum there's very little real hair discussion and for what there is sometimes I don't have anything to contribute (naturals, hair typing, etc etc.)

Its pretty dead in the other forums but for it be dead in the Haircare forum really signals a problem. Everything else was spun out of the haircare forum and now its dead as a doorknob?! Hmm, maybe this is just a phase because when someone else leaves, another one takes her place. With that said, I think we need to be more open to newbies asking questions. I keep on seeing the same people with the same pics and its become quite boring.

Last edited:
I blame the upgrades.

Hopefully it gets more interactive in the near future

If you are new here and have new pics, please post. I like to see pics and videos from a variety of sources. Like the same freaky liaisons in the family bed, too much of anything is rather boring. Princess4real. Weave or wig techniques included. The hair forum (individual members) need to become a little bit more liberal in regards to other things....

Wow I thought I was the only one who noticed the decrease for logged on members. I remember before the upgrade I saw at one point 600+ members were logged onto the hair board it used to take me forever and a day to go through posts now I get through it withing minutes. Im still contemplating on renewing but we will see. I still like lhcf but I just dont see myself logging on multiple times a day like I used to maybe every other day for me.

Blah, Blah, Blah.....I hate when people complain about things but leave it up to other people to fix it....that's why mid-term elections gave W. a platform for resurrection...but I digress....This is the 2nd thread I've seen with complaints about the boredom of this thread, how its the same ole same ole....now I'm bored....Here's a challenge....how about all the people who want it to start hopping around here, post threads that will make that happen...I keep reading about threads being shut down and people being banned...where is that action...since some of you are going to let your subscriptions run out anyway, go out with a bang.

P. S. That damn search function can barely find this site( I swear the other day I used the search function and I am pretty sure I wound up on curly nikki or some ish) let along what you are truly looking for....I put in the phrase hair in inches and got naked pics of Kanye....not complaining just saying

Blah, Blah, Blah.....I hate when people complain about things but leave it up to other people to fix it....that's why mid-term elections gave W. a platform for resurrection...but I digress....This is the 2nd thread I've seen with complaints about the boredom of this thread, how its the same ole same ole....now I'm bored....Here's a challenge....how about all the people who want it to start hopping around here, post threads that will make that happen...I keep reading about threads being shut down and people being banned...where is that action...since some of you are going to let your subscriptions run out anyway, go out with a bang.

P. S. That damn search function can barely find this site( I swear the other day I used the search function and I am pretty sure I wound up on curly nikki or some ish) let along what you are truly looking for....I put in the phrase hair in inches and got naked pics of Kanye....not complaining just saying

2cq0h8z.gif

WTF??!! You just complained in the same post. #justsaying :lachen:

I like some aspects of the upgrade, but I'm annoyed that I keep getting logged out after only a couple of minutes. Or, I write a post, then I get logged out...I log in and my post is poof! I'm not re-writing a long post - I just go on to a different site.

But, for me, I've stopped posting as much for a combination of reasons:
1. Most threads are geared towards naturals (*yawn* for me 'cause I'm relaxed)
2. I start a thread and barely get any responses
3. I already mentioned that I get tired of getting logged out
4. TOO MANY ADS! I'm a paying member - I shouldn't have to view fifty-million ads.
5. I know more than enough about hair care, I've tried a million products and tools, and I have my regimen down. There's really no reason for me to post anymore.

Note: I feel like when I give advice to newbies it's pretty much ignored. Here's the response: "Thanks, but I don't want to try that..../I would prefer to.../I already know that...."

Um.......why did you post a question????

Here's an example of why I firmly believe the board is dying....last year the Phyto Friends and Family sale thread was started and it was a great, informative thread:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha.../416360-phyto-friends-family-sale-2009-a.html
I started one this year....*crickets*:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ve...975-phyto-friends-family-sale-30-40%-off.html

Last edited:
I've noticed the same thing as well. I used to be on here like.. forever.. and now it's kinda boring. I'm actually trying to find another past time because it's so freakin boring now! :ohwell:
I really only get on because I'm in a few challenges, but other then that :nono:

I've noticed the same thing as well. I used to be on here like.. forever.. and now it's kinda boring. I'm actually trying to find another past time because it's so freakin boring now! :ohwell:
I really only get on because I'm in a few challenges, but other then that :nono:

You know, with the exception of tonight, I'm rarely on here. I'll drop in and post a couple times but if someone checked my average time, it would be very low. With the ongoing maintenance, I decided to invest my time in other stuff that I have put to the side or ignored. It has worked wonders in my life. This board will likely survive because of the business model it was built on. Its just a time and season for everything. This is not the end of the world. lol Maybe back in the day but certainly not now.

For those that are having issues with the new format, trying running the site on Google Chrome as suggested. I believe I saw this icon on the right side of the page. It worked wonders for my navigation and loading.

Whoa! This is uncanny. I was just about to start a thread like this, only difference is that I was about to post that I will not be on this site much until the upgrades are finished or it speeds up. Someone mentioned that it takes them 10 years to load up when they sign in, well for me it seems even longer and it is getting on my nerves -a lot:nono:!!!

I feel like I lose a lot of time just waiting for pages to load up and I can't afford that. Anyway, I will make an effort in the coming couple of months to check in and see if there are any changes with speed and all that. Otherwise, I will not be renewing my membership when it's run out this time:sad:.

Back