OMG- 7 day relaxer is the bomb!- a bit long, but worth it!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I've been dealing with horrible shrinkage, lately, and it caused me alot of trauma. When I was texturized, I had minimal shrinkage and my length showed. Anyway, I've been passing the 7 day relaxer by and a friend of mine told me that it was a good product. She told me that I didn't need to blow dry it strait, like directions say. I have to say that my hair is looking great! My curls are tighter and my shrinkage is actually lessened. This is basically a blow dry straitening creme, but this product worked wonders for my hair. I think this will be my staple for a long time.The product says it relaxes the curl, makes hair easy to comb, and makes hair easy to comb. IT WORKS! Well, it worked for me. All I had to do was rinse my hair this morning and it curled like nobody's business! When i say curled, I mean the curls were very defined and moisturized all day! I just put a drop of conditioner in my hair to add to the effect. All I can do is give the product 4 stars!This works so well, I will not need to texturize my hair. :dance7:The product is called & day relaxer, by Culture. Great product! :love:

Porsche19

oooooohhh less shrinkage! I'm texturized and my crazy nappy hair still likes to SHRINK... but it's not as bad as if I were natural :)

How much does it cost? Could you list the ingredients?

DDTexlaxed

I'm on a no heat challenge, so I didn't blow dry my hair. I screwed up the name- 7 day relaxer is no joke. I may be texturizing my hair early next year. All I know is that my 3c/4a hair is curly and moisturized. The product costs 4.99. I'm loving it! The back and side of my hair is now wonderfully defined curls. if I texturize, it will prob be in the begining of January. At that time, I will decide what to do with my hair. I'm now focusing my attention on my weight, and leaving my hair to next year's focus! :lol:

MzTami

Hellerrrr
I am transitioning to natural, is it a relaxer (chemical) type of product? Will it relax my relaxed hair that I am currently trying to get rid of?

I'm just curious, because I need something to make my hair curl up too.

Thanks for sharing

DDTexlaxed

The 7 day relaxer is not a chemical relaxer . It is more of a blow dry creme to make yr hair strait. My hair is curly already, just more frizzy. This creme helped reduce the frizz. I don't know what it will do for your hair, if it isn't curly. You could try it. I don't use heat so I actually can't say how yr hair will turn out. I'm almost afraid to use heat. my hair has been doing so well without it, I'm afraid to ruin it. I basically applied it to my wet hair and let it air dry on its own. The directions say to apply and blow dry strait.For loose wavy curls, blow dry using fingers as comb, pulling it strait as u dry. I did it without heat with exellent results. It shampoos out, so there is no permanent result. Hope I helped! :lol:

Cinnabuns

I've never heard of this product before. However, I am glad that it did work for you though Natrlchallange. :)

Chanteuse

Did you get this from the bss or did you have to order it online? It sounds very interesting as I'm always on a quest for good wash and go products.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I've seen Culture ptoducts at Wal-mart.
Chanteuse said:
Did you get this from the bss or did you have to order it online? It sounds very interesting as I'm always on a quest for good wash and go products.

Chanteuse

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I've seen Culture ptoducts at Wal-mart.

Really? I see a trip to Wal-mart in my near future.

OT - who in the world gave this thread 1 star and why? I swear I will never understand some people.

Cincysweetie

Chanteuse said:
Really? I see a trip to Wal-mart in my near future.

OT - who in the world gave this thread 1 star and why? I swear I will never understand some people.
I was wondering the same thing!!! :mad:

Lucia

Natrlchallenge said:
I'm on a no heat challenge, so I didn't blow dry my hair. I screwed up the name- 7 day relaxer is no joke. I may be texturizing my hair early next year. All I know is that my 3c/4a hair is curly and moisturized. The product costs 4.99. I'm loving it! The back and side of my hair is now wonderfully defined curls. if I texturize, it will prob be in the begining of January. At that time, I will decide what to do with my hair. I'm now focusing my attention on my weight, and leaving my hair to next year's focus! :lol:
What made you go natural after being texturized? just curious.

DDTexlaxed

I went natural just to see what my natural hair was like.There were so many beautiful naturals on this board that inspired me. I know that I now prefer my hair texturized, but I will not be getting a texturizer until early next year if this product keeps doing what it's doing. :) My knowledge gained here will allow me to actually stretch my texturzers despite MTG's effect on my hair. Thanks to MTG, no chemical relaxer or texturizer lasts long on my hair. I don't care now because I know I will be able to handle my hair. My texturized and natural hair are almost the same, just less shrinkage! :lol: I know that I will never relax my hair again, only light texturizing.

metro_qt

Ok, I saw this post this morning, and I really want to try this product. I don't think i've ever seen this 'cultures' brand anywhere around here (toronto) especially at our walmarts, where the black haircare sections are usually pityful.

So, in this case that I can't locate this cultures product, do you think another blowdrying cream would do the trick, or is it specifically this one....

Any thoughts on where to order online?

Thanks!

Babyray

Very interesting, I have heard about this product from a ex-beautian, I called him up and asked what type of relaxers he know used and he named Culture 7 day, so I did a search and found nothing so I didn't make an appointment.

bklyncurly

Okay, I was looking for Culture products on drugstore.com. Someone mentioned that they couldn't find it locally. Anyway, they don't sell Culture, but this product was one of the hits. Has anyone tried it? The price is $16.99.
This is the only description on the website:

--cut and paste--
Curl.life™ Professional Defining System's technology combines moisture and control to define a consistent, frizz-free curl pattern.

Curl.life™ Contouring Cream, for thick or coarse hair, controls volume and frizz as it moisturizes. Shapes each curl for lasting definition.
Additional Product Information from drugstore.com, inc.:
drugstore.com, inc. is not associated or affiliated with Matrix LLC and is not a licensed retailer of Matrix LLC. Matrix LLC guarantees this product only when sold through authorized retailers, and cannot guarantee the authenticity of any product sold by an unauthorized retailer. drugstore.com, inc. cannot guarantee that this product is covered by any manufacturer's warranties or eligible for any manufacturer's rebate. If the UPC codes or other tracing codes are missing from any product container of a Matrix LLC product, please retain your purchase receipt to assist in the tracing of that product in the unlikely event it is defective.

Directions:
Rub between palms. Gently distribute product through towel-dried hair. Style as usual. Reapply for fresh definition.

Ingredients:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Diglycol/CHDM/Isophthalates/Sip Copolymer, Isoceteth-20, Stearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben

--cut and paste--</FONT>

Last edited:

CookieLAD

Cincysweetie said:
I was wondering the same thing!!! :mad:

Don't feel bad...I never even look at that. I'm relaxed, but I love the naturals in the forum. I look at all threads that sound interesting, especially ones that rate products.

Healthb4Length

I always see this product and pass it by...I think I'll give it a dry when I'm stretching my texturizers, thanks for sharing...and encouraging the PJ in me!:lol:

DDTexlaxed

Alli, how long do u stretch yr texturizers? I may get a texturizer in a year of being natural.I loved my texturized hair, but didn't have a clue on how to care for it. I don't know whether i will texturize or not, but the info I get will help me determine the future care of my hair.

Healthb4Length

Natrlchallenge said:
Alli, how long do u stretch yr texturizers? I may get a texturizer in a year of being natural.I loved my texturized hair, but didn't have a clue on how to care for it. I don't know whether i will texturize or not, but the info I get will help me determine the future care of my hair.

I can stretch for about 4.5-5 months, after that I must get a touch up! I haven't touched up since April (6 months) and I'm in braids to avoid any breakage or dealing with 2 textures but with texturizers, it makes it really easy to stretch for long periods of time. When I'm stretching (and my hair is out of braids) I usually do co-washes every 2 days (this is how I can handle 2 different textures) it makes my hair so soft! I use a product like Miss Key 10 en 1 for my co-washes, I shampoo my hair once a week with a moisturizing shampoo, followed by a moisturizing or deep protein treatment for 30 minutes. I detangle my hair when it it damp with a wide tooth comb like Jilbere shower comb ( I use a Microfiber towel to soak up excess water). I rinse and then apply a leave-in treatment (I'm currently loving Giovanni) then I proceed with my style. I personally like to do twistouts or braidouts because they blend textures really nice and reduce the breakage...if I do notice breakage then I will do an Aphogee treatment, followed by a moisturizing treatment...hope this helps!

Phoenix

I bought this product before I got my braids in and never used it:mad:! As soon as I take my hair down I'm going to try it.

littleaudie

Ive been content just reading this forum for months. This board made me subscribe because I wanted to add my 2cents! I bought this culture 7 day relaxer and was not really pleased with the results. I ended up layering other products I use (ie gel and curl wax) to strech and define my curls. As for the curl.life defining system matrix. I used the contouring cream. On the jar it says for "thick coarse" hair. I want to know what definition of "thick coarse hair" they are using to gage their product. Trickery! (lol) I dont know which one of these two is :p a bigger waste. If you have 4ab-3c please dont get caught up in the matrix. :wallbash:

amy1234

couldn't help but notice the parabeans in the ingredients. I'm not that anal when it comes to hair products, I just wanted to point that out for anyone that is interested.

DDTexlaxed

littleaudie said:
Ive been content just reading this forum for months. This board made me subscribe because I wanted to add my 2cents! I bought this culture 7 day relaxer and was not really pleased with the results. I ended up layering other products I use (ie gel and curl wax) to strech and define my curls. As for the curl.life defining system matrix. I used the contouring cream. On the jar it says for "thick coarse" hair. I want to know what definition of "thick coarse hair" they are using to gage their product. Trickery! (lol) I dont know which one of these two is :p a bigger waste. If you have 4ab-3c please dont get caught up in the matrix. :wallbash:

Um, maybe it works for me now because my hair is short. I have 3c/4a hair too. Have u found any products that helped u w/ styling your hair? Please share! :yep: How long is your hair?