Inversion Challenge November 2013-November 2014

LaVgirl

Started Day 1 today of November inversions. I used warm coconut oil and massaged for a minute or so. Unfortunately, I got to chatting with a friend and didn't actually invert until a couple hours later. :lol: I'll take measurements tomorrow.

bronxsoloist

I missed the third day by accident but picked right back up today. I decided to do my inversion in the bathtub because I was in the midst of doing a co wash and olive oil rinse. So I had my son come over, massage my scalp and then time me.
So far so good, Day 3 completed.

gforceroy

Is anyone doing inversion without oiling? I was thinking of just massaging without oil... any experiences?

ChasingBliss

So it's ok to massage and invert at different times? Or not to use oil?

I was under the impression that you massage with oil for at least a minute and immediately invert for at least 4 minutes.

TwoSnapsUp

I don't always use oil right before inverting. But I also invert on a whim, like after I wake up, before I get out of bed. If I get up to put oil in and massage, I'll just find a reason not to invert.

PureSilver

So it's ok to massage and invert at different times? Or not to use oil?

I was under the impression that you massage with oil for at least a minute and immediately invert for at least 4 minutes.

Not necessarily, it can be done either way. I normally invert after applying my oil but this time around i have slacked off badly on applying oil. Whichever way works imho.

Lilmama1011

Is anyone doing inversion without oiling? I was thinking of just massaging without oil... any experiences?
I was wondering would anyone get results without massaging and just inverting. Realistically massaging is to circulate blow flow to scalp,but isn't inverting doing that? I'm not going to lie, I don't like massaging my scalp because it frizzes and messes up my hair and I mostly wear my hair curly. I think one month I'm going to not massage and see what happens. I always apply oil on my hair everyday to seal but not my scalp

newgrowth15

I haven't posted in a few days because of family medical issues, but I have been inverting at night before going to bed. I have not used any oil this time around, but I have been doing scalp massages.

Tonight around 11:00 PM will be day 4 for me.

PureSilver

Day 4 complete.

I did oil my scalp today but i like you Lilmama1011 i don't like massaging my scalp just because i'm too lazy to hold my hands for for more than half a minute, either way i've never practiced scalp massages and my hair has been growing nicely from a TWA in 2010 to 1 & 1/2'' away from BSL today, no complains from me. I'll be more inclined to do scalp massages when i relax in December.

Oh i forget i do tend to massage my scalp on wash days while in the shower which is every two weeks mostly, i don't do it for long and it's mainly to scrub my scalp clean.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Day 4 done.

Funny how when I first tried inversion I couldn't put my head too far back while doing it off my bed. Now I can put it further back and hang longer without feeling dizzy or anything... Kinda weird.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Day 2 done with inversion oil. Might do Day 3 in the morning before I cowash this stinky sulfur out.

Beautifulwildflower

@Beautifulwildflower you mean December 1st right?

Well, I'm already on day 4 for November 2013. I started with all you other November 1st inverted ladies :yep:.

___________________________________:rosebud:

Natural/Relaxed: Natural since 2011, I did a gradual 6" cut til' perm was gone
Current Length: 2" past APL, could be BSL??? Won't be sure until December when I straighten do a length check
Goal Length: WL
Oil of Choice: Coconut oil, jojoba oil and rosemary

hair4today

Day 4, oiled scalp with KeraVada green tea, scalp massage...I'm so relaxed right now, really loving this challenge.

MonaRae

Day 4 done. I'm wigging it these days and got my hair braided up for some much needed rest. I did not oil today nor yesterday. I did use S-Curl moisturized today.