Interracial Christian Couples

LucieLoo12

So when it comes to interracial couples have you noticed a negativity towards it even when it comes to Christians? I have defintely seen it in the world per say, but I have started to notice it in even the Christian community.Personally I could care less about the color of someone's skin...but some still have that "dont take our black men away" even in the "church world"

Whatcha think?

We Christians are all God's Children, so I don't see the point in hating or disliking on an IR couple simply because they are interracial. That's ungodly, IMHO. I believe insecurity plays a large part in whether a person, single or married...Christian or not.... has an issue with IRs.

While there is nothing wrong with nor ungodly about interracial couples, it doesn't mean all Christians have to like it, accept it, or be open to doing it.

Sent via Android LHCF App

Last edited:
Well if someone did not like seeing a white woman and a black man together, and they are proclaimed Christians, I would definetely want them to search thier heart...

Why would that bother them or why wouldn't they be accepting of it? I'm not saying they themselves have to do it, but when they are not approving of it, thats a different story....

While there is nothing wrong with nor ungodly about interracial couples, it doesn't mean all Christians have to like it, accept it, or be open to doing it.

Alicialynn86 said:
Well if someone did not like seeing a white woman and a black man together, and they are proclaimed Christians, I would definetely want them to search thier heart...

Why would that bother them or why wouldn't they be accepting of it? I'm not saying they themselves have to do it, but when they are not approving of it, thats a different story....

I think you're looking more into what I'm saying. I'm simply talking about preferences as in simply not liking white women to be with black men or whatever the case may be... Not hate, envy, jealousy, or any extremely bad feelings towards interracial couples.

Well in your previous posts you said that Christians dont have to accept it or like it, so I was saying why wouldnt they be accepting/like it?

I think you're looking more into what I'm saying. I'm simply talking about preferences as in simply not liking white women to be with black men or whatever the case may be... Not hate, envy, jealousy, or any extremely bad feelings towards interracial couples.

That was a tongue-in-check question.... lol

You're right, we don't HAVE to like or accept whom someone chooses to marry ... :look:

We all have personal preferences .. If someone doesn't like seeing IR couples, then there is a WHY attached to it. God is privy. One's attitude is either negative or it's not.

Then, there is the Word.. I assure you..there are people who can use Scripture to justify couples not mixing or intermarrying... :lol:

Laela
Interracial relationships/marriages.

Last edited:
No I haven't noticed anything but hten again interracial dating and marriage has always been very prevalent 'here' so I guess you can say it's the norm ...

But I heard that interracial marriages have shoot up in the US from 2010 to now...God is a God of colour He made us in different colours so I doubt that he cares at all we are more concerned than He is ....

I'd love to see more men in the church period and that's what the church should pray for; men coming to God and taking their positions in the church, home, community etc..

I think that race relations and interracial relationships have so much to do with our culture and I think that there are a lot of societal dynamics at play that would still impact a Christian's perspective. For instance, I know more than one black man who has more or less explicitly said that they consider white women to be superior to black women and therefore they aspire to marry a white woman. This has nothing to do with individual preferences or Christ making us all one. It has everything to do with negative societal messages and in some cases a contempt for black women. Black women who are sensitive to this, or perceive this attitude, would not be being un-Christlike if they were offended by it.

It just seems that people have so many varying reasons for dating interracially, from the perfectly innocent to the "bad" as listed above. I think that one can accept in general that interracial relationships are OK, but also recognize that certain cultural dynamics might give someone a preference to marry someone of their own ethnicity.

nicola.kirwan, you've expressed what I wanted to say, esepcially the first paragraph. Best believe that there are women and men that feel that way, even in the church. I think this is what Poohbear was getting at? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that race relations and interracial relationships have so much to do with our culture and I think that there are a lot of societal dynamics at play that would still impact a Christian's perspective. For instance, I know more than one black man who has more or less explicitly said that they consider white women to be superior to black women and therefore they aspire to marry a white woman. This has nothing to do with individual preferences or Christ making us all one. It has everything to do with negative societal messages and in some cases a contempt for black women. Black women who are sensitive to this, or perceive this attitude, would not be being un-Christlike if they were offended by it.

It just seems that people have so many varying reasons for dating interracially, from the perfectly innocent to the "bad" as listed above. I think that one can accept in general that interracial relationships are OK, but also recognize that certain cultural dynamics might give someone a preference to marry someone of their own ethnicity.

Well that is totally a wrong mindset to have :nono:

OK, so as a Christian black woman, I'm going to allow such a negative mindset to cause me to be OFFENDED every time I see a black man and his white wife or any IR couple for that matter? The mere fact that an IR offends is telling. We are better than this.... :nono:

At underlined...I am aware of preferences; but last I check, people still marry for love. To presuppose an IR couple got married because of race is too limiting...unless they are explicit, we assume they just HAD to have married for some other reason than Love.
For instance, I know more than one black man who has more or less explicitly said that they consider white women to be superior to black women and therefore they aspire to marry a white woman. This has nothing to do with individual preferences or Christ making us all one. It has everything to do with negative societal messages and in some cases a contempt for black women. Black women who are sensitive to this, or perceive this attitude, would not be being un-Christlike if they were offended by it.

Exactly. Why when people see a IR couple they feel like the black man hate black women...maybe he really loves the person he is with...its not always a self-hate thing

OK, so as a Christian black woman, I'm going to allow such a negative mindset to cause me to be OFFENDED every time I see a black man and his white wife or any IR couple for that matter? The mere fact that an IR offends is telling. We are better than this.... :nono:

At underlined...I am aware of preferences; but last I check, people still marry for love. To presuppose an IR couple got married because of race is too limiting...unless they are explicit, we assume they just HAD to have married for some other reason than Love.

I don't see it, but I'm at a church where racial reconciliation is one of the tenets that we're based on. So, there are over 120 countries represented and races mix easily. Many of my friends are people from my church and many of my friends who don't attend my church, share the same values. I love it because when I get to Heaven, I'm pretty sure that I won't be only singing and praising God with black people. I'm sure that God won't have us segregated in Heaven. So, why would I do any of that here?

I try not to let earthly culture taint my Godly culture. Race/culture isn't something that should ever trump how I worship, how I praise God, and my marriage is something that I think pleases God. It's an outward reflection to the world of God's love for the church.

I've noticed it and people are people. Its wrong but as blacks we've been treated so badly over the years, so I understand it. But its definitely wrong.

I don't think what I said justifies that. I was only speaking to why some people are sensitive about it.

Last edited:
Well that is totally a wrong mindset to have :nono:

And you know, the person who told me that has been a youth pastor.

I have also had a devoutly Christian man state that he would "never" date a white woman.

I think that it has to be understood that everyone is coming into the church having been affected to one degree or another by the world. Just like there are women in the church resentful of IR relationships, there are men in the church openly expressing and acting upon an ungodly worldview when it comes to women and race. Both of those attitides present in the church play upon one another, and therefore you see in the church what is present in the world.

On a personal level, it is important to have one's mind renewed by Christ, and generally for emotional health to just realize that what is going on in someone else's life simply has nothing to do with you. If someone told me they were angry about seeing an IR couple, I would probably say it really isn't their business why they are together and that it has no bearing on your life at the end of the day.

Um, yes they do because it's based upon christian principles that we are all brothers from One G-d and live according to a much higher standard than what our human society has fashioned.

There is a difference between wishing to carry on your culture by marrying one of the same than looking at an IR and not liking it. What would be the basis for not liking it? And as far as black women responding to the cultural intra-racism from BM, those who would dislike the negative opinions stated about one race being better than another would not be responding in kind to being racist. However, if a black woman were to look at an IR and proclaim she doesn't like it (IR), I'd think she were coveting on top of being racist. You protest evil attitudes only.

Last edited:
Well in your previous posts you said that Christians dont have to accept it or like it, so I was saying why wouldnt they be accepting/like it?
Same reason why I wouldn't want blue eyes and blonde hair. Accepting/Liking interracial couples has nothing to do with being a Christian or not.

That was a tongue-in-check question.... lol

You're right, we don't HAVE to like or accept whom someone chooses to marry ... :look:

We all have personal preferences .. If someone doesn't like seeing IR couples, then there is a WHY attached to it. God is privy. One's attitude is either negative or it's not.

Then, there is the Word.. I assure you..there are people who can use Scripture to justify couples not mixing or intermarrying... :lol:
I know people have used the Bible against interracial relationships but it's not right. And I didn't use any scriptures to justify couples not mixing or intermarrying because of the fact that it's not right. The bible is not against interracial relations. I believe God sees no problem with interracial couples.

Geez Alicialynn86 and Laela - are y'all with white/non-black men or something? :confused: I'm confused as to why a dislike of something has to be turned into a detestable evil attitude/mindset.

nicola.kirwan, you've expressed what I wanted to say, esepcially the first paragraph. Best believe that there are women and men that feel that way, even in the church. I think this is what Poohbear was getting at? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Love Always - yes, nicole.kirwan explained my sentiments

Um, yes they do because it's based upon christian principles that we are all brothers from One G-d and live according to a much higher standard than what our human society has fashioned.

There is a difference between wishing to carry on your culture by marrying one of the same than looking at an IR and not liking it. What would be the basis for not liking it? And as far as black women responding to the cultural intra-racism from BM, those who would dislike the negative opinions stated about one race being better than another would not be responding in kind to being racist. However, if a black woman were to look at an IR and proclaim she doesn't like it (IR), I'd think she were coveting on top of being racist. You protest evil attitudes only.

auparavant - hey girl! :wave: I agree that Christians should live according to the Word of God and be separate from the world, but God does not require us to be forced to like everything that goes on in the world whether it's favorable or unfavorable. I don't think it's racist to not like or prefer interracial relationships. I believe it's only racist if you hate those people for being in the relationship. I just see a difference in hate/coveting and just simple dislike of something. Not sure how else to explain it.

Last edited:
<Looks at avatar> :look:

I'm fine with IR couples. You love who you love. I have an issue when you talk down (regardless of your race) your own people; to justify dating outside your race.

At the end of the day, people aren't going to approve of your decisions or the things you do. As long as you and God (more importantly) are fine with it; nothing else matters.

But I don't recall seeing anyone giving the screw face because a couple are IR. My church has a few....I don't think anybody cares.

auparavant said:
Poohbear

If you dislike their IR relationship, what would be the basis for disliking them? There-in lies the answer.

I would say culture, social construct, and family upbringing as well as preference...not religious affiliation or inner attitudes. Hope that makes sense.

I would say culture, social construct, and family upbringing as well as preference...not religious affiliation or inner attitudes. Hope that makes sense.

A bad self-esteem in many of our Black men is also a contributor.

Too many Black men have married white women to 'prove' to the 'white man' that they could take something of 'theirs' and get away with it; as well as for other narcisistic reasons... the websites are out there with Black men talking absolutely silly about their 'preferences' outside of a Black woman.

When (if) these men come into the Church, these are attitudes that they bring with them and have to set in line with the heart of God and not their foolishness.

<Looks at avatar> :look:

I'm fine with IR couples. You love who you love.

I have an issue when you talk down (regardless of your race) your own people; to justify dating outside your race.

At the end of the day, people aren't going to approve of your decisions or the things you do. As long as you and God (more importantly) are fine with it; nothing else matters.

But I don't recall seeing anyone giving the screw face because a couple are IR. My church has a few....I don't think anybody cares.

MarriageMaterial...

Your post speaks my heart. I don't have a problem with it at all. What I DO have a problem with are those Black 'brothers' who think they have something better than a Black woman could ever be.

That right there is where I 'snatch' a brother and :fistshake:

Other than that, I'm quite fine with it. You love who you love ... :love3:

When God is the Lord of one's heart... there is no colour... Whom God hath joined together... no colour/race ... matters. Not at all. :nono:

There are so many White men who LOVE Black women and to me, it appears more sincere than the Black men who are with white women. The white men aren't trying to prove anything to anyone. They simply love the Black women for who she is and nothing less. I'm serious about this. :yep:

There is a difference between wishing to carry on your culture by marrying one of the same than looking at an IR and not liking it.

What would be the basis for not liking it? And as far as black women responding to the cultural intra-racism from BM, those who would dislike the negative opinions stated about one race being better than another would not be responding in kind to being racist.

However, if a black woman were to look at an IR and proclaim she doesn't like it (IR), I'd think she were coveting on top of being racist. You protest evil attitudes only.

:yep: :yep: :yep:

Back