If U Don't Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Grow!

hawaiianhoney

Re: If U Don\'t Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Gro

Whenever I see this post, I want to go back on the Atkins diet because I noticed that while on the diet (and eating like 4 eggs a day), not only did I lose weight, My hair had started really growing fast. My mom even noticed the difference in the length of my hair. She visited me in April after my baby was born, left in May and I visited her 2 weeks ago and she was shocked at how long my hair had gotten in that short time. I just couldn't handle not eating breads. I'm eating a modified version of the plan now, but it's not the same.

Enough of my rambling!

Oh, btw, Supergirl, I like boiled eggs too!

nekee

hmmm i had 3 fried eggs a day .. u think that fried eggs would make a difference ?

Tebby1017

I'm not sure, but I don't think it makes a difference on how the egg is cooked.

BTW, how is everyone doing with the egg challenge? I had 2 today and none yesterday...all week long I was eating 3 a day (thanks to Atkins).

Tebby

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure, but I don't think it makes a difference on how the egg is cooked.

BTW, how is everyone doing with the egg challenge? I had 2 today and none yesterday...all week long I was eating 3 a day (thanks to Atkins).

Tebby

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I wasn't sure but now I agree with Tebby that it doesn't really matter how the eggs are cooked. I think as long as we are eating the whole eggs, we are getting the benefits of the L-cysteine (250 mg per egg)and all of the other amino acids and vitamins.

I'm doing great so far with the egg challenge. I eat eggs for breakfast every day (my delcious omelets) and I eat a raw salad at least once each day so having a boiled egg in it is easy. I'm boiling a half dozen eggs at a time and keeping them in the fridge so they're ready to eat. I don't think I'll get bored with eating eggs. There are a lot of ways to prepare them.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any other food other than eggs to give us this complete protein and Lcysteine? I just cant do eggs like that, plus eggs are so fatty...

[/ QUOTE ]

Other foods which are high in L-cysteine besides eggs are garlic, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, beans, brussel sprouts, milk and muscle proteins. I love garlic and onions and even broccoli sauteed in my omelets (with mushrooms and tofu also!).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info Isis

I eat everything listed EXCEPT milk & muscle protein. So, I'm definitely getting sum L-cysteine

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Peachtree

I was hardly eating eggs at all until this past week...since I came back from NYC on Sunday I have been eating eggs. On average, I would say I eat about 3 eggs a day (2 for breakfast and one in my salad for dinner).

On another note, do you eat chicken? I'm asking this because I would think chicken would also have pretty good levels of L-Cysteine since they ARE mature eggs. Just a thought...

Tebby

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Tebby

Yes girl, I eat PLENTY of chicken almost everyday
. You know, u may be onto something there

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
okay my brief research has led me to believe that u can get the wanted amount of Lcysteine from white of the egg...yeah!!...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the news kiddo

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAH LOL @ Brooke007

There is always soy milk, but now there's the thread that says it can thin hair. You just can't win it seems like.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does "soy milk" taste like? .... smell like? .... look like? (I know, i have issues
)

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
I'm eating all my eggs and they are good!

Tebby - Although chickens come from the eggs, they have a different composition. I've learned that eggs contain everything needed for life and is truly a complete food. Chickens are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for clearing that up Isis. Like Tebby, I was wondering the same thing...

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
i know i'm late on the scene but i've been off the board for bout a month. i think the eggs thing is true because when i was getting 2 boiled eggs from the caf every morning, i was getting growth. i have fallen off of that (and everything else) and my growth has slowed. so, i'm in on the august egg challenge! at least 2 per day!

hey peachtree! missed me, hair buddy? LOL at peachtree for
over the eggs! and how in the world do you eat cereal with orange juice?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I've missed u
.... I figured u musta been tied up with work & family....

Cereal & OJ? Well, this has been my combo since kindergarten (after drinking some sour milk
) ... so I guess u can say I have "developed" a taste for it over the yrs....

H

HoneyRockette

Good to know. I ate a lot of boiled eggs when I was pregnant but my hair grew fast during that period anyway. I just may consider this because my diet has reached an all time low. Today I had nothing to eat except a handful of Swiss Fudge cookies, a banana and some popcorn. I don't think I have had what could be considered a meal in weeks, and if I have I certainly have not eaten three of them! I guess this is evident because even with my recent revised vitamin regimen, I have only managed to accumulate two inches of hair in four months. That is average, but just think, that was WITH the vitamins. I could use a little boost.

JenJen2721

Ok, I know this sounds like a silly question, but can anyone tell me the correct method of boiling eggs??? I always cook mine too long and the yolks end up being tough.
What's the correct amount of time to boil them?

nekee

about 10-15 mintes. Put them in right after u put the water on, not when the water begins to boil

happylocks

I just got some from GNC, I have not taken it, but I dont have Vitamin C, will that made a differences, I am willing to eat up too six eggs if I can figure out how, A friend of mine told me to take lots of eggs for hair growth to.

Jazz:
She has about 6-9 eggs a day. She is 3c-4a Moroccan with hair to her tush.
is eggs the reason she has hair down to her tushy or does that run in her family, and how long did it take for her to get that lenght, or noticed that eggs helped thanks

Isis

How is everyone doing with the egg eating! Any hair growth spurts as a result?

bettydavis

This is an interesting thread! I've been trying to drink a shake everyday for protein and I've been adding raw egg whites to it, along with a scoop of my lean whey protein powder. I'm not crazy about eggs but I can't taste them at all in my smoothie. The only other way I can eat them is in an omlette, mixed with cheese and other spices. I'll have to keep it up to see if I notice any difference.

yesiam

Re: If U Don\'t Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Grow!

I was just visiting your site and I have to twll you that your hair is beautiful.. I'm impressed...
Keep up the good work girl

ChocoKitty

I ate 2 eggs a day for about 2 weeks. I must admit that the eggs work! I failed to notice the difference intially... I wish I would have taken pictures before I got a trim. (which I desperately needed) The stylist wanted to trim an 2 inches but I got him to cut an inch. I don't feel so bad about the trim cause my hair looks much better! Before the trim, my ends touched the bottom of my bra-strap. Now it touches the top of my strap(again). I'm finally gotten rid of that dreaded 'V'! I'll take new pics soon!

happylocks

OK I want to to 5 eat whites a day, but I wanted to know, if I could save the york, eat 5 yorks aday, will I get good results or is all the nutrients in the egg white, it would be cheaper for me if I boil them, eat the whites one day and the yorks the other
, I also belive that is works, how many mg of Cystine are there per egg, I belive someone said 250mg thats alot
,if so its alot cheaper to eat eggs then to buy the vitamins, plus the vitamins stink like rotten eggs

LondonDiva

It's easier to save the whites than the yolks. As soon as they are exposed to hair they get hard. The whites are good to keep for a day in the fridge.

SweetNic_JA

I'm on the egg bandwagon. I've been having atleast 2 eggs per day for the last week. I've noticed newgrowth already, however it's minimal. On the other hand it normally takes a little longer for me to realize new growth.

I'm hoping the egg protein cracks up to be as good as is reported. I normally eat relatively moderate to high protein meals (always eating chicken, legumes, fish)so I'm a bit doubtful that the eggs will make a difference...but all in all, I'm still crossing my fingers.

happylocks

my nails are growing fast, I keep biting them, and they come back in less then a day or 2

lillian743

Whats Moroccan mean?
And do you REALLY HAVE to eat the yolks, b/c I really dont like them..

happylocks

[ QUOTE ]
lillian743 said:
Whats Moroccan mean?
And do you REALLY HAVE to eat the yolks, b/c I really dont like them..

[/ QUOTE ]

Moroccans are ppl from Morocco, which is in North Africa
, I know a moroccan girl with hair pass her butt, she just keeps it braided, but she is not a close friend,

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Will the eggs make your skin smell like eggs I ate 2 eggs a day for about a week and I could've sworn that my skin started to smell eggy.

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Will the eggs make your skin smell like eggs I ate 2 eggs a day for about a week and I could've sworn that my skin started to smell eggy.

[/ QUOTE ] SG, I'm thinking it was your imagination. I wonder if you just smelled eggs and just thought that it was coming from you and the egg smell was just kinda “stuck” in you olfactory glands.
Although I know that a person can begin to smell like garlic if you consume too much, but you have to consume A LOT. I don’t think 2 eggs a day will do it.

JazzAngel

[ QUOTE ]
happylocks said:
I just got some from GNC, I have not taken it, but I dont have Vitamin C, will that made a differences, I am willing to eat up too six eggs if I can figure out how, A friend of mine told me to take lots of eggs for hair growth to.

Jazz:
She has about 6-9 eggs a day. She is 3c-4a Moroccan with hair to her tush.
is eggs the reason she has hair down to her tushy or does that run in her family, and how long did it take for her to get that lenght, or noticed that eggs helped thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's irrelevant what race she is, I dont know why I added that but... She has more 4a hair which is quite thick. She cares for it quite well by twisting and pinning it at night. Yes she does eat alot of eggs. Even she eats eggs with chicken. I think too that this is a Moroccan dish to. The family I stayed with would also add eggs to their other meat dishes.

Anyway this girl most definately pays attention to her hair and told me that if I hate more eggs my hair would grow. hahaha. For her I had no hair on my head. hahaha She is also taller than me, she is about 5'8".

So for sure, when I get tired of eggs my hair stops growing as fast. SO the eggs as well as over all high protein just does it for me.