If U Don't Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Grow!

ms_kenesha

Re: If U Don\'t Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Grow!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I was there yesterday buying castor & peppermint oil. Well, the cashier struck up a lil chat about how cold pressed castor oil is aiding skin cancer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is kind of Off Topic but in the Skin Care section, there's this whole thread about using Olive Oil to wash the face. I've been doing it for about a month now. So, the lady said that it gives people skin cancer????

[/ QUOTE ]

No she meant castor oil is helping people who have skin cancer. Not aiding in the way of giving it to them.

JazzAngel

[ QUOTE ]
Below is a link and quote about eggs and L-cysteine. Maybe 2 eggs per day is all that's necessary.

http://www.oralchelation.com/ingred/cyste2.htm

"It is very common in many foods. For instance, there are about 250 milligrams of cysteine in the yolk of an egg. (Now, perhaps, you see why the doctors tell you to NOT eat eggs? They don't want you to get those valuable proteins in the egg -- they suggest you eat carbohydrates and get sick so they can make more money giving you drugs!)"

[/ QUOTE ]

This just made me think of the Eskimos who eat raw fish and eggs for their diet and little to no greens. They somehow seem to survive. Doctors are perplex by their diet.

I love eggs. A friend of mine told me to take lots of eggs for hair growth to. She has about 6-9 eggs a day. She is 3c-4a Moroccan with hair to her tush.

nita4

My brother eats alot of boiled eggs and he has extremely long locs, but I thought that was just from leaving his hair alone.

Jade21

Eggs=one of the world's healthiest foods. Definitely check out the recipes and the profile at The World's Healthiest Foods site.

Eggs seem to have gotten a horrible reputation. From what I have read, it's really the overall saturated fat in your diet which can cause increase in cholesterol rather than the amount of egg consumption included in that. Eggs have a high level of lecithin in them. Lecithin actually moves the cholesterol OUT of your bloodstream. As far as hair, it helps in terms of moisture level.

Peachtree, I am sorry that you do not like eggs. They are excellent for hair, skin and nails.

I am very surprised that so many people did not know this.

~Jade~

nekee

i love eggs .. so i will start eating 6 eggs a day =)

pooh123

Re: If U Don\'t Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Gro

I'm going to try incorporating one boiled egg per day and see if I notice any results.

pooh123

ms_kenesha

I just went to the grocery store and bought a carton of 18 eggs. I'm going to try one or two boiled eggs a day.

I also bought some flax meal to mix in with my grits in the morning because I keep forgetting to take my flax oil and the taste of flax oil on it's own is sooo nasty to me! I also bought some Spectrum Naturals Apple cider vinegear with the Mother in it for my wash this week! I know this is sooo

Isis

I like eggs but I'm not sure I can do 6 eggs per day. That's 3 1/2 dozen eggs per week for just me!
My favorite ways to eat them are omelets (I can easily do 2 or 3 just there), boiled and cut up in my salads, and deviled eggs.

I also do the flax oil and ground flaxseeds daily for my omega-3. Eggs also contain omega-3 (not in large amounts) and one can buy omega-3 enriched eggs.

It would be an interesting and healthy experiment though, for a month, just to see the new growth difference if I increase my egg consumption. Something like an "egg challenge" for a month...

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]

It would be an interesting and healthy experiment though, for a month, just to see the new growth difference if I increase my egg consumption. Something like an "egg challenge" for a month...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I'm doing August is my "Egg Challenge" Month!

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate

I wish I could eat eggs like that but eating more than one a week makes me gassy. Not cute at all.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran out and bought 2 dozen eggs. I made a delicious curried egg salad with 2 eggs (I already had a 2-egg omelet for breakfast)for my dinner. However, I think I'll be doing 3 eggs at the most each day. Yes, August is my "Egg Challenge" month!

JazzAngel

Generaally I have about 6 eggs a day. I dislike cooking, and I hate red meat so some how I manage to make very quick salad which include eggs.

I really can't tell if the eggs make a difference with growth since I already take sooo many other supplements. but my freind, who is more like a sister to me, eats eggs even with chicken. She boils the eggs and adds them to the stewed chicken dish. Then there is a baked egg dish that the family prepars. It's eggs, eggs, eggs. She does have a nice thick hair.

Be creative with how you prepare the eggs and you will be surprise how you can consume many. Try the baked eggs. They are wonderful!

ny2atl

Hey Peachtree.. Thanks for that tidbit.
I just started liking boiled eggs so this is a good thing. Let's see if I experience any more growth.

Question: How do you apply your castor and peppermint oil?

Kaela

This probably belongs on the Off Topic, but here is how to boil eggs so they don't get that nasty green-gray fuzzy stuff on the outside of the yolk...(that probably turned everyone off right there, but y'all know what I"m talking about.)

Place eggs in a pan and cover with water (approx. an inch above the eggs). Heat till boiling. Once the water is boiling, let boil about a minute or two and then cover with a tightly fitting lid and remove from heat. Let the eggs sit in the hot water about 15-18 mins, with the lid on. After that, rinse in cold water till they are cool enough to handle, peel and enjoy. They tasted pretty good with pepper and a dash of onion salt.

For those of you that are worried about cholesterol, try eating a bowl of oatmeal in the morning with the eggs. This would be even a challenge for me because I despise oatmeal, but I'm trying to eat more of it because I know its good for the diet (and not the cinnamon roll sweet kind either). You should be as serious about your overall health as you are about your hair....you'll thank yourself in years to come!!

Ok, I'm off my soapbox now!

localhost

Here's some interesting alternatives to those who are worried about fat content and cholesterol:

Eggbeaters is a product that is made up of 99% eggwhite and is fat-free and cholesterol-free. It comes in a carton, and can be found in almost any grocery store.
http://www.eggbeaters.com/

Tofu is a non dairy product that's high in protein (soy based protein) and it has all eight essential amino acids.
http://www.tofu.com/whatis.html

Cleo

Well thanks for all this info ladies, because I don't mind eggs so I may up my intake to two eggs a day.

P.s. Hi Jade!

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I was there yesterday buying castor & peppermint oil. Well, the cashier struck up a lil chat about how cold pressed castor oil is aiding skin cancer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is kind of Off Topic but in the Skin Care section, there's this whole thread about using Olive Oil to wash the face. I've been doing it for about a month now. So, the lady said that it gives people skin cancer????

[/ QUOTE ]

No she meant castor oil is helping people who have skin cancer. Not aiding in the way of giving it to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ms Kenesha, thanks for clearing that up for me luv

Miss J, sorry to alarm u. I should have stated that differently.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
Eggs=one of the world's healthiest foods. Definitely check out the recipes and the profile at The World's Healthiest Foods site.

Eggs seem to have gotten a horrible reputation. From what I have read, it's really the overall saturated fat in your diet which can cause increase in cholesterol rather than the amount of egg consumption included in that. Eggs have a high level of lecithin in them. Lecithin actually moves the cholesterol OUT of your bloodstream. As far as hair, it helps in terms of moisture level.

Peachtree, I am sorry that you do not like eggs. They are excellent for hair, skin and nails.

I am very surprised that so many people did not know this.

~Jade~

[/ QUOTE ]

As always, thanks for ur informative post Jade

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
My brother eats alot of boiled eggs and he has extremely long locs, but I thought that was just from leaving his hair alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how many eggs ur brother eats (on avg) a day?

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
i love eggs .. so i will start eating 6 eggs a day =)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a lot of eggs
a day!!!

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
I just went to the grocery store and bought a carton of 18 eggs. I'm going to try one or two boiled eggs a day.

I also bought some flax meal to mix in with my grits in the morning because I keep forgetting to take my flax oil and the taste of flax oil on it's own is sooo nasty to me! I also bought some Spectrum Naturals Apple cider vinegear with the Mother in it for my wash this week! I know this is sooo

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, looks like ur prepared!!!

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to try incorporating one boiled egg per day and see if I notice any results.

pooh123

[/ QUOTE ]

Let us know of ur results

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ladies, make sure to inform us of ur results

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
Generaally I have about 6 eggs a day. I dislike cooking, and I hate red meat so some how I manage to make very quick salad which include eggs.

I really can't tell if the eggs make a difference with growth since I already take sooo many other supplements. but my freind, who is more like a sister to me, eats eggs even with chicken. She boils the eggs and adds them to the stewed chicken dish. Then there is a baked egg dish that the family prepars. It's eggs, eggs, eggs. She does have a nice thick hair.

Be creative with how you prepare the eggs and you will be surprise how you can consume many. Try the baked eggs. They are wonderful!

[/ QUOTE ]

JazzAngel, thanks for sharing

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Peachtree.. Thanks for that tidbit.
I just started liking boiled eggs so this is a good thing. Let's see if I experience any more growth.

Question: How do you apply your castor and peppermint oil?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ur welcome luv

Well, i'm really bad at remembering the measurements for my lil concoctions, so this 5-5-5 is cool to remember....

I use:
-5 oz of Home Health Castor Oil (cold pressed & cold compressed) or sometimes I use Jojoba or both
-5 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
-5 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil

- *LIGHTLY* warm the oils so that they are only slightly warmer than room temp.
-I use the pads of my fingers to massage my scalp *before* applying the oils. Through trial & error, this PRE-MASSAGE works best for me. It seems to loosen my scalp (if that makes sense
), allowing the oil to penetrate easier.
-I use a nozzle bottle like this
& apply the oil throughout my scalp (...when hair is dry. When my hair is wet, I'll apply it throughout both my scalp & new growth).
-Then I'll massage my *oiled* scalp for 10-15 mins. That's it!!!

Maybe i should post this on the recipe board...

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
This probably belongs on the Off Topic, but here is how to boil eggs so they don't get that nasty green-gray fuzzy stuff on the outside of the yolk...(that probably turned everyone off right there, but y'all know what I"m talking about.)

Place eggs in a pan and cover with water (approx. an inch above the eggs). Heat till boiling. Once the water is boiling, let boil about a minute or two and then cover with a tightly fitting lid and remove from heat. Let the eggs sit in the hot water about 15-18 mins, with the lid on. After that, rinse in cold water till they are cool enough to handle, peel and enjoy. They tasted pretty good with pepper and a dash of onion salt.

For those of you that are worried about cholesterol, try eating a bowl of oatmeal in the morning with the eggs. This would be even a challenge for me because I despise oatmeal, but I'm trying to eat more of it because I know its good for the diet (and not the cinnamon roll sweet kind either). You should be as serious about your overall health as you are about your hair....you'll thank yourself in years to come!!

Ok, I'm off my soapbox now!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Kaela

Peachtree

UPDATE FROM THE "EGG" LADY

Earlier today, I called up to the store & spoke with the cashier (briefly). She stated that she loves eggs & eats (on avg) 5 eggs per day
She further stated preferring boiled eggs, however, for variation, scambled or omletts (sp??) will do.

HTH

MissJ

I ate scrambled eggs on top of wheat toast with jelly for dinner! I had to stop eating them though, because I put way too much salt in the eggs. Darn it!

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
I ate scrambled eggs on top of wheat toast with jelly for dinner! I had to stop eating them though, because I put way too much salt in the eggs. Darn it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, u got a lil carried away with the salt, eh?