I am looking for a hair mentee

Angelicus

Hello. I would like a hair mentee so I am putting it in the want-ads :) I want to direct my attention to a few ladies, help keep track their progress, and offer them personal encouragement towards their hair goals. I figure, if me and my mentee(s) keep track of each other, we can be consistent and my hair can finally grow past bsl.
Criteria: I am looking for someone with type 6f hair like me :lachen:
Can be relaxed or natural
must have short hair or new to hair care
must have hair anorexia :lol:
I can have more than one mentee...
have an instant messenger service (optional)
can be a new or veteran member... or even a lurker

If you don't have a hair buddy now, this would be the perfect time to buddy up and get reat advice, inspiration and tips from our fellow LHCF ladies! Let's all buddy and grow long, healthy hair together!

dreysonsmommy2011

You know I would like to have a mentee to help me achieve my goals. I think that this is a good idea for newbies like myself. I have seen your progress and i must admit that it is very inspirational. I don't know exactly what a 6f hair type is but I know that I am definitely 4a. BTW if it helps i do have a fotki so that you can see a picture of my hair type/length.What do i need to do?

Last edited:

alona

I am very interested in being your hair mentee Anky. Only one thing though...I don't know what type 6f hair is. I don't even know what type my hair is. My hair is thin, soft, fine, and dry (it loves Carol's Daughter's Healthy Hair Butter).

I'm excited...can't wait. Let me know what to do.

Nic_Cali

I would too love to have a mentor and have someone help me keep track of my haircare goals and vice versa.

I am a newbie and have short 4a hair (recently cut). My goal is to have healthy, thick bra strap length sexy layered hair. :grin:

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
nikkipoo said:
You know I would like to have a mentee to help me achieve my goals. I think that this is a good idea for newbies like myself. I have seen your progress and i must admit that it is very inspirational. I don't know exactly what a 6f hair type is but I know that I am definitely 4a. BTW if it helps i do have a fotki so that you can see a picture of my hair type/length.What do i need to do?

Um Miss lady you know where to look for a mentor! Give me a holla! :lol:

princesmich

Anky I love this, I do need a mentor like yesterday to help me grow my hair back. I tried hooking up with the hair - twin connection, but didn't find anyone, my hair in some spots is 3b and then some 4a, I know whewwwwwww weird hair. I definitely want to get to armpit by the end of the year and be at bra strap by next summer. Help a sister out somebody.

crlsweetie912

princesmich said:
Anky I love this, I do need a mentor like yesterday to help me grow my hair back. I tried hooking up with the hair - twin connection, but didn't find anyone, my hair in some spots is 3b and then some 4a, I know whewwwwwww weird hair. I definitely want to get to armpit by the end of the year and be at bra strap by next summer. Help a sister out somebody.
prince, I am not sure cause the search feature is on the fritz again, but I think that you may be my hair twin. PM me if you are interested.

LovelyZ

Anky, this is so nice of you to offer.

I don't think she knows it, but unoffically, RabiaElaine is my hair mentOR. She is so encouraging, responsive, knowledgeable and it helps that she is my "hair twin". [Thanks Rabia. ;) ]

asubeauty

Ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me!!! :wave:

Seriously, I would LOVE to have a mentor, especially since it looks like I'll have to cut AGAIN. I need someone to help me stay encouraged. I don't know if I'm a 6f, but I'm a very hard to manage 4a with fine hair...

MonaRae

Oh, I am all over this one. I would love to be a part of your group.

Hair Type = 6f :lachen:
Hair Preference = Relaxed
Hair Goal = BSL (short term like by the end of the year).
Hair Anorexia = Positive! Its getting better but still need help.
IM = MSN ([email protected])

Please send me your e-mail address and we can start ASAP. I need all the help I can get!

MonaRae

Last edited:

Aubergold

no pick me!!!! I NEED a mentor. I am natural with very dry 4b hair. It won't slick back at all. It's about 6-9 inches all over and the back it just past shoulder. pick me! LOL

JazzyDez

I first read the title of the thread and assumed it was someone looking for a mentor and not actually a mentor themself offering their expertise on a consistant basis! (or I would have responded sooner! :look: )i would love love love :love: :love: :love: to have a hair mentor like yourself Anky! I am still a newbie and I enjoy learning from all of the wonderful ladies on here. I am 4b relaxed and it would be great for me to have someone with a similar hair type, maybe brastrap or longer hair (who possibly went from rags to riches) as an inspiration/mentor that I can get advice/feedback from who kind of knows my hair and has been following my progress. Great Idea. :grin: Anky I am sure you probably will be swamped since you posted this but if you haven't, you or any long hair veterans feel free to contact me to be my hair mentor!

SisterGirl*

Hey Anky,

I'm mainly a lurker, and a rare poster, but I'm in need of help, help, and more help. I've admired your progress and dedication to your own hair, so I know what ever advice you have to offer would be great. If there were a 6F then my hair would qualify.
Most of my setbacks have come from trusting the wrong beauticians. My last beautician relaxed my hair with an unfamiliar relaxer from root to end. It left me with dry hair and scalp burns. She did this after knowing me for 2 years! Then had the nerve to tell me that She was the beautician! It took all of my home training, to pay her and just leave.
My hair is bra-strap, but now its not healthy looking, and nothing is more unattractive than long unhealthy looking hair. I know there are going to be a lot of responses to be a mentee, and I'd like to be in that number.
SisterGirl*

Last edited:

Mom23

Pick Me too Anky!!! I just started a personal grow out challenge to chart my progress for a year. I need the mentor too. :)

Let me know what to do. I have everything in my album.

Thanks!!

Tanji

Girl, I think you're gonna need to take applications because there are so many of us that need you. I know I do. I have issues with hair breakage in the back amongst other issues. Please count me in.

RabiaElaine

I would like a mentor as well...I have a Hair Twin that I keep up with (shout out to Lovely Z :D ).

I would like a hair mentor/buddy that is in NY because I would like to find someone who would be willing to relax my hair (ofcourse I would pay that person) when I need since I'm still not comfortable with self relaxing.

I am 4a/b, been a member since 2003 but really only paid attention to my hair over the last year or so.
My hair is pretty much the same length as in my avatar.
I am transitioning to texlax.
I have yahoo messanger and a fokti account.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Iansan

I'm interested. I'm 4a/4b thick, the pic in my avatar is a recent shot of my length. I need someone to help me with my heat addiction.

RabiaElaine

LovelyZ said:
Anky, this is so nice of you to offer.

I don't think she knows it, but unoffically, RabiaElaine is my hair mentOR. She is so encouraging, responsive, knowledgeable and it helps that she is my "hair twin". [Thanks Rabia. ;) ]

Awww Lovely :). I feel all warm and tingly inside ur so sweet :kiss: !!!!

I learn so much from you too.

filthyfresh

Great idea! I'd love to have someone who's more experienced in the hair care area coaching me on what I need to do to better my hair.

Atiramisu

I would like to have a mentor, too! Is it possible to have others volunteer to be LCHF Mentors, or will you take all of us? :dance7:

dreysonsmommy2011

I think it's great other members are also wanting to be mentors b/c Anky can't do it alone:lol: I think she may need some help with everyone wanting to have a mentor.

BTW Anky, Simplycee is my mentor. So I will eliminate myself from this bid cuz I know you said that you can only take 3:p

guilane

Hey Ankie,

Wonderful idea you have there. I also would like to join the group. I decided it was time to take care of my hair. I just joined this forum and found a ton of new informations I already started to use. What would be the next step to join?