I Quit!

tekmommie

I had decided to maintain the same length until my bangs grew to where I could tuck behind the ear...I finally reached that goal (I just kept cutting the back and not the bangs) But I'm so frustrated with layers...I quit trying to grow them out! I'm cutting my hair the last 2 inches today because I am soooo sick and tired.

On a good note my bangs are below my bottom lip and I can tuck behind the ear!!
Oh, I already said that LOL

CrownnGlori

Keep your H-E-A-D U-P and never G-I-V-E U-P!
Besides we are all in this together esp. with the vitamin challenge you got going on. Give a hair vit a try.

KinksnCurlz

I've been growing out layers for years... it's just not gonna happen unless i cut it all in one length (shortest layer is shoulder). i doubt that's gonna happen
. I might just go to the stylist and get it re-cut in the layers just to get rid of any split ends i might have (i saw a couple and when i do i just cut them off).
Just hold out a little longer tek, take those vits like CnG said and hey, you never know.

Karonica

The thing about layers is that very few of us naturally have hair that grows in one length continually, so it's always going to be a matter of cutting some hair unnecessarily to let the other part catch up (if we only want to stick to one length). My left side is such a slacker!

My advice is do whatever you need to do. But Tekie, I do remember you saying that you liked to cut your hair to keep up with the latest trends anyway.

Whenever I've got my hair layered, the layered part always caught up with the rest, and it seemed that the unlayered part never grew.

tekmommie

Okay, here is the deal. I had a bangin flip cut with MAJOR layers and now I am past sick of it. Because I do not have naturally thick hair, my ends look so thin. Even though they are not split they look thin and don't even mention if I put some oil it, I look like a skint rat...lol...skint is that a word??

I call myself treating myself to have my hair done in a salon (for a special event)...yes she used heat (first time in 6 months) anyways after she used the curling iron with some oil (major NO-NO) I looked like I had NO hair on my head. I will post a pic this evening or tomorrow.

Karonica: You got me hella rollin gurl.
Yes I do like to keep up with the latest trends, however I can honestly say I am trying to let my hair grow. I still trim every 6 weeks as I am addicted to having my ends look freshly cut...I know, I know I'm working on it. If I trimmed my hair as infrequently as I did my clients hair, my hair would be dragging the ground right now!

Sending positive vibes to everybody for there support!

pebbles

I remember seeing a few pictures of your hair and I hope you post a link to your pictures again soon. You have such nice hair, whatever you do, hang in there.

tekmommie

Thanks for the support ladies. I will keep you guys posted...right now I'm just very frustrated. I really need to think about this and not just do it on a whim!

nekee

im gorwing out layers too and it is very frustrating, i had the flip short layered do. I dont know what to do , i think i will just cut all one length when i get to the 10 inches goal or when it gets to my shoulders

tekmommie

Nekee, I understand. After thinking on it some more, I have decided to cut. The more length I get the more attached to it I get, so I would just rather cut it now.

Good luck on whatever you decide. Just think about it hard first.