Please help me with my bangs...

nicki23

I have bangs that are growing out from being cut too short about four months ago. Right now they reach the middle of my ear. I have tried to do the "swoop" thing, as they are still a little too short to tuck behind my ear. My problem is that they don't stick together. The hair seperates into clumps and looks messy a few minutes after I leave the house. Right now I slightly curl my bangs with a flat iron and then brush them over. Should I be using a gel or something? What do you ladies do to get your bangs to stay in one piece? I hope this makes sense. If it helps I'm going for the Aaliyah look, part on one side and swooped over, only my hair is not as long. Thanks in advance.

Can you use a cute barette or hair pin to hold them back? What about smoothing them back with the rest of your hair? Other than that try to be patient as they grow out. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Nicki23,

I don't have bangs now but when I did, I had this problem if I used too much oil on my hair. Generally, if I applied less oil (to the bangs only) it wouldn't do this.

Hope that helps!
SG

Try using a flat iron and swoop them over to the side... they should stay put throughout the day (except if it's windy LOL) Seriously tho, make sure you 'swoop' them to the side you want them to lay.

Back