I Need A Gel That Makes My Hair Crunchy

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
I'm loving following your 5 day journey with this @YvetteWithJoy :)

How hard/crunchy does your hair feel? Do you think the BRHG would be good for roller setting? How is it doing against the humidity (I live im constant 80 - 90%)?

Alma Petra

Here is the Rock Hard Gelee twist out on today, Day 2. Fingers crossed I make it to day 5. LOL!

I'm still trying to get the back blended: The hair back there is longer than the natural shape of the fro. :look:

View attachment 414385 View attachment 414387
OMG it's working! I think that it looks even juicier today! That bonnet is a very good idea. Reminds me of pineappling, which is also great because it produces a degree of root lift, thing that I adore.

What about the crunch factor? Is it too crunchy? Does it by any means feel rough to the touch?

Alma Petra

I'm loving following your 5 day journey with this @YvetteWithJoy :)

How hard/crunchy does your hair feel? Do you think the BRHG would be good for roller setting? How is it doing against the humidity (I live im constant 80 - 90%)?
BRHG is many people's holy grail anti-humidity product. You should try it. People claim that even a small amount of it on top of other gels can help greatly.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
BRHG is many people's holy grail anti-humidity product. You should try it. People claim that even a small amount of it on top of other gels can help greatly.
Thank you! Do you think it would mix with setting foam? I suppose it wouldn't hurt too much to try.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Thank you! Do you think it would mix with setting foam? I suppose it wouldn't hurt too much to try.

That's exactly what I'm wondering and am hoping. :pray: I'm going to try it at some point.

My hair is not hard but has super hold. This is what I always thought gel should do: Gel my hair. :yep:

Alma Petra

Sorry I didn't see this earlier!
I'm not sure about setting foam but I've used it with mousse before without any problems. I'd say it's unlikely to hurt at all.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Aaaaaaghhh!!!!

The pictures in this thread are so huge!

Sorry, all!

I'm uploading from my phone or tablet now since my laptop is on the blink, and I had no idea!!!!

Ugggggh. I'll try to change the size out if I can.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Update:

I kind of made it to Day 4. I wore it down when I drove our little one to school, and then when I went back to pick him up I had it in a ponytail. It was pretty undefined at the roots.

I've got prepoo in now.

I didn't have time for make up for it, but I'll upload the Day 4 ponytail pic when I can.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Middle of Day 4

Please excuse the make up -free face. Only had time for lip tint.

Next time I will try to be more consistent with my bonnet at night and will use water to refresh. There is zero reason not to make it to Day 5 with this gel. :yep:

WP_20171024_003.jpg WP_20171024_006.jpg

sunflora

Flowah Powah
For a few reasons, I need a gel that lacks cancer-causing ingredients and water insoluble 'cones but that makes the hair crunchy.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. Wetline did not give my hair any crunch, and it makes my hair look dusty. KCCC flakes on me unless I use a creamy leave-in or KCKT with it, which in turn prevents crunch.

https://www.trepadora.com/collections/styling/products/trepadora-papaya-slip-taming-potion-200ml-1

I didn't like this at all because I hate crunch and somehow had no idea it was a gel, but its really slippy and then gets kinda hard IMO. All of their products are organic.