Crunchy hair after flat ironing--- did I damage my hair?

onejamifan

Hello ladies, I need some help with this one. I got a little lazy yesterday and instead of doing a rollerset, I air dried and then flat ironed my hair ( I have a low quality Vidal Sassoon iron). Let's just say my hair was CRUNCHY and hard and it felt super dry!:wallbash::wallbash: So I co-washed my hair this morning, did not do a DC, and then did a roller set. Well, my hair still feels crunchy and hard :( Is it possible I might have severely damaged my hair?

I can't wash my hair again until the weekend, so I would like to know if there are any tricks I could use to make my hair feel softer.

countrychickd

I wish I could offer you some encouraging words, or some informative words at that, but I haven't the slightest clue. I definitely recommend trying to deep condition your hair, and go from there. Did you use a heat protectant?

onejamifan

I wish I could offer you some encouraging words, or some informative words at that, but I haven't the slightest clue. I definitely recommend trying to deep condition your hair, and go from there. Did you use a heat protectant?

I did, but nothing of great quality. I never flat iron, but I did not feel like sitting under the dryer yesterday. I'll try DC next time around.

joytimes10

Hello ladies, I need some help with this one. I got a little lazy yesterday and instead of doing a rollerset, I air dried and then flat ironed my hair ( I have a low quality Vidal Sassoon iron). Let's just say my hair was CRUNCHY and hard and it felt super dry!:wallbash::wallbash: So I co-washed my hair this morning, did not do a DC, and then did a roller set. Well, my hair still feels crunchy and hard :( Is it possible I might have severely damaged my hair?

I can't wash my hair again until the weekend, so I would like to know if there are any tricks I could use to make my hair feel softer.

I did the exact same thing 3 weeks ago. Promptly shake of the lazies and proceed to DC. Since you can't wash til the weekend go heavy on some leave in moisturizer and it wouldn't hurt to protective style.

My hair was back to normal after a good DC and a little TLC. Have hope! All is not lost.

clever

Do you have a moisturizing DC?I would sit under the dryer with it for 30 minutes and then follow up with a creamy leave in to see if you can regain some softness.Did your ends look any different when they were wet?

onejamifan

Do you have a moisturizing DC?I would sit under the dryer with it for 30 minutes and then follow up with a creamy leave in to see if you can regain some softness.Did your ends look any different when they were wet?

No, the ends look the same even dry. They just feel crunchy and even a little rough. I will put some moisturizing leave in today and DC this weekend. Thanks ladies :)

Allandra

Is it possible you could have some build up on your hair?