So, I finally airdried my hair with curls and . . .

Glib Gurl

I hated it.

I dc'd with silicon mix (smelled heavenly!) and then shampoo'd with Therapee and conditioned with Humectress. I did my normal leave-in followed by moisturizers . . . then I used Garnier Fructis Hard Curl Gel. I should've taken the tip from the name Hard Curl Gel, but I just wasn't expecting my hair to come out so crunchy. I couldn't put my fingers through it . . . everytime I tried I could hear/feel the breakage. Plus, I didn't like the way it looked. The bottom of my hair was nice and curly but the top of my head just loooked sticky. Definitely will not be trying this again . . . or at least not with this product. (I don't know if there's a product that will give curls without the crunch factor.) In the meantime, if anyone wants a barely used tube of Garnier Fructis Hard Curl Gel, just pm a sistah.

You can see how it looked here. (Yes, I finally have a fotki :) -- pw is in my profile)

baby42

i am sorry this happend to you but the best air dry that comes out great for me is useing lacio lacio may be you can give it a try:yep:dont give up yet .it took me a long time to find it alot of ladys on here use it so i tryed it.and there are other things to try. but i staying with lacio lacio hair never felt or look better. useing it to air dry. cant wait to take braids down and do it again:yep:

AllAboutMoi

Sorry it came out crunchy but the curls looks cute in the pic. Once you find the right product you are going to have a really nice wash n go.

sunshinebeautiful

I hate the crunch too. :nono:

I've never used the hard curl gel before. I've used the GF Soft Curl Cream successfully in the past.

My newest wash n go product which I love is John Frieda Frizz-Ease Dream Curls. You should try it.

ETA: Just looked at the album and the curls are really cute! Sorry it came out crunchy though.

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
I know you are not digging the cruchy hair. Your hair is coming along nice. The curls do look cute. I only use Elasta Qp glaze to lay down my edges.

Glib Gurl

Thanks for the feedback and product recommendations, ladies . . . speaking of products . . .

i am sorry this happend to you but the best air dry that comes out great for me is useing lacio lacio may be you can give it a try:yep:dont give up yet .it took me a long time to find it alot of ladys on here use it so i tryed it.and there are other things to try. but i staying with lacio lacio hair never felt or look better. useing it to air dry. cant wait to take braids down and do it again:yep:

I thought lacio lacio was just for conditioning . . . it curls hair, too?

Mom23

I think your hair looks nice!! I don't have any advice about the crunchy curls though. *sorry*:drunk:

LovelyLionessa

Glib your hair looks nice, sorry about the hardness. Even tho I have tons of hair products I never use gel. :nono: Even aloe vera gel made my hair hard. Try using a creamy leave in instead to airdry with. You could also do a braidout and set the ends on self holding rollers for nice curls and waves.

baby42

Thanks for the feedback and product recommendations, ladies . . . speaking of products . . .

I thought lacio lacio was just for conditioning . . . it curls hair, too?
a lot of people use it to roller set with i condition with it, it is a leave in then i just roller set with it and let it air dry and it works:lachen:and i have curls until i wash again .thats the only way i can air dry with out my hair comeing out hard i havent tryed any thing eles cause i am scared:yep:try one curl and see if you like it or look it up on some old post here and see.