I need a daily moisturizer!!

Michelle79

I want a non-petroleum based moisturizer that I can use everyday for my hair & scalp. I was using Luster's Pink Oil (very damaging) and Optimum Care's Nourishment (too heavy & greasy) and I'm looking for a change.Any suggestions??I was looking at John Frieda's Moisture Remedy. It seems like a great product, but I want to know if anyone else has tried this or any other one!Thanks

soulchild

I've never tried the Moisture Remedy. I would recommend Elasta QP Mango Butter because it's moisturizing and not greasy or heavy. Hope this helps

northernbelle

I currently use two products from Hairobics for hair and scalp. The first is the Hair and Scalp Booster. This is applied directly to the scalp, and massaged into hair thoroughly. The second is the Leave-On Conditioner. It is a spray which is applied to the scalp, and massaged into the hair.

I like them. They have made my hair stronger, fuller and shinier.

northernbelle

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Oh, but I think that Profectiv Break-Free, Carol's Daughter Hair Milk, & plain ol' jojoba oil are great daily moisturizers

Norma15

sice you seem to have used lotions before you should try motions oil moisturizer or procliam mist both are great

Michelle79

I bought the Elasta QP Oil Moisturizer yesterday & my hair & scalp still feels dry. I couldn't find the Mango Butter but I just called this drugstore not too far from my house & they said they carry it. I'm going to have to try that & see if it's any better for my hair.

I never heard of Hairobics, Where do you get it from?

I read awhile back that Carol's Daughter products are not really good for women w/relaxed hair. Their products are more designed for natural hair. Is that true?

Michelle79

[ QUOTE ]
Norma15 said:
sice you seem to have used lotions before you should try motions oil moisturizer or procliam mist both are great

[/ QUOTE ]

I take a look at those. Thanks!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: .

Mikki,

I'd say that for the most part, Carol's Daughter products do seem to be designed more for naturals, but I (relaxed) really do like the hair milk

Islandgirl

when one states that carol daughter's products are for natural hair, does that imply that the products are very heavy?
although i am relaxed, i have a thick head of hair, and these lite creams and sprays don't do jack in terms of moisturizing. i might need to look into her products if they are heavy.

beana3

Islangirl: I have fine/ med hair which is very coarse.. it takes so much trial and error to find the right products. What i recently started doing for daily moisturizing is mixing my BB castor oil moisturizer lotion with some of proclaim's hot 7 oil and the reasults are great!! I'm wearing my hair in a bun and my friends are all complimenting me on the shine and healthy look of my hair. This mixture is kind of heavy, but it works so well! I think the oil lotion and oil mix can be done with with any two products.. but I will restock on the aforementioned two because this is by far the best mositurizing combo i have ever used! HTH