looking for a good oil moisturizer?

levette

Hello,

I am seeking suggestions for a good daily hair oil moisturizer for my relaxed hair. i think pink oil is too greasy and always moisturizer seems a bit drying. i need something as my hair seems dry lately and has been shedding a lot.

krngi819

I use Alternatives by Soft Sheen. It's a green bottle with a blue cap. It's only about $3.00 for an 8oz. bottle and it smells nice

godzooki

maybe African Royal M.O.M. I just started using it occasionally and I like it. love the smell and the ingredients.

MissB

I like the Keracare Lite Oil Moisturizer with Heat Protection Agents and Mizani RoseH2O Conditioning Hairdress.

pooh123

I recommend Keracare oil moisturizer with Jojoba or ORS olive oil cream or ORS moisturizing hair lotion. They are all good.

pooh123

levette

@ peachtree,now i have the hot 6 oil, but do you consider this a moisturizer. to me it makes my hair feel dry.

@dasha- i may have to try elasta qp's mango butter. i almost bought it about 2 weeks ago, but was unsure of its effectiveness. i will have to pick some up.

everyone else, thanks for the suggestions, i will also keep the other products in mind.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
@ peachtree,now i have the hot 6 oil, but do you consider this a moisturizer. to me it makes my hair feel dry.

@dasha- i may have to try elasta qp's mango butter. i almost bought it about 2 weeks ago, but was unsure of its effectiveness. i will have to pick some up.

everyone else, thanks for the suggestions, i will also keep the other products in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, being that I don't have a specific *oil moisturizer* in my regime, all I could offer was an *oil* product that I use as an *oil moisturizer*. Primarily luv, I use it on wet hair or *following* my water based moisturizers (S-curl, leave-ins, or just plain distilled water). It works beautifully on my hair. I'll use it on dry hair *only* when I'm trying to *drop* my curls, u know, get a straight look.

I agree, Pink Lotion is very drying (at least on my hair). It starts out with a heavy moisturizing punch, but with constant use, ur hair will become more & more dry over time. (Probably cuz the hair strands are coated with mineral oil until moisture is blocked out... just a thought).

I'm looking into concocting my own "oil moisturizer".... once i get my measurements in order, I'll post it to the board

G

I love Jing-Jang. I'm trying to find something to mix with to make it creamy