I Just Put Coconut Milk In My Hair.......

HotCoCoGurl130

and it feels amazing. If my hair feels like this everytime I do this then I may not use relaxers again. It straightened my hair that good. I put this in another post but no one answered it. I have a question on how long I can keep the milk in my frig. Will it go bad just like regular milk or can I keep it for about a week or so. Any info that anyone has will be greatly appreciated.

NAY007

that sounds really good to me....did you buy the regular coconut milk that you buy at the grocery store and you can mix drinks with it:)? and did you rinse your hair with it. or did you leave it in your hair for a couple of minutes and then rinse? is it easy to comb afterwards? let me know everything girl:)

keke

How you put it in? As in did u use it as a leave in(spray it in)? You just pour it all over ya head then rub it in?

Madison

[ QUOTE ]
diamondchair3 said:
and it feels amazing. If my hair feels like this everytime I do this then I may not use relaxers again. It straightened my hair that good. I put this in another post but no one answered it. I have a question on how long I can keep the milk in my frig. Will it go bad just like regular milk or can I keep it for about a week or so. Any info that anyone has will be greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]an open tin of coconut may start to go bad in about 2 days. I normally freeze mine and warm it in the microwave when i'm ready to use it.

Madison

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
I bought a whole coconut the other day... is this the same thing?

[/ QUOTE ] the coconut you have is filled with water/juice , you will have to make the milk

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
Madison said:
[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
I bought a whole coconut the other day... is this the same thing?

[/ QUOTE ] the coconut you have is filled with water/juice , you will have to make the milk

[/ QUOTE ]

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you do that?

HotCoCoGurl130

[ QUOTE ]
Madison said:
[ QUOTE ]
diamondchair3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]an open tin of coconut may start to go bad in about 2 days. I normally freeze mine and warm it in the microwave when i'm ready to use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the advice I will do that. I have so much left over that I would feel bad if I had to throw the whole things out.

HotCoCoGurl130

[ QUOTE ]
Madison said:
[ QUOTE ]
diamondchair3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the advice I will do that. I have so much left over that I would feel bad if I had to throw the whole things out.

HotCoCoGurl130

Hi everyone. I hope I answer everyones questions. I bought a can of coconut milk from the super market and I bought two limes, b/c they were kinda small. I mixed them, left them in the frig over night. The following day I put it on my dry hair with a coloring brush. The same brush I use for my relaxer. I left it on for about an hour and a half. I only did this b/c I was watching TV and I was too lazy to get up and take a shower. I parted my hair into three parts so it wouldnt get tangled. I washed it out with Creme of Nature and used a conditioner, Alternatives Frizz Free. I did all this section by section. After I put some Surge and Hot Six Oil on my entire head but especially the ends. Today my hair feels sooooo soft. I know that some ppl have had problems with this method but it seemed to work for me. I also have 4a/b hair that is really thick and it has been about a month since my last relaxer so it was hard to comb through my hair. My new growth feels sooo soft now. I love it. I feel this is the best recommendation that I have gotten from this board.

Thanks Gurlsssss!!!!!!!

HotCoCoGurl130

Its a little bit thicker then regular milk. I just put the brush in the bowl, tapped the sides then put it in my hair. I did it this way because I didnt want to waste any by pouring it over my head in the tub also I wanted to get every strand of my hair.

iCandey

Yeh I remember a prior thread on this. I will try plain ole coconut milk tonight to soften my hair and try the "relaxer" later. Thanks for reminding me of this method.

ChocoKitty

I going to try this on my mother and sister's hair. They're both transitioning!
Thanks for posting!

Tracy

My girlfriend mixes it on an application by application basis into her Humectress Conditioner! I'm dying to try it that way....

joyous

I've used just coconut milk alone and I've used it with my conditioner. It works really well. My hair comes out well moisturized and really soft and smooth.

varaneka

has anyone gotten a looser curl without lime juice? what about replacing the lime with lemon or another citrus =)

just curious!

chynawitch

I use coconut milk (the hard one) that you use for cooking in my hair once I warm it in my hands it is very nice and leaves the hair very soft and SHINY. I like coconut oil but sometimes its too greasy for me!