I just had to testify! (Tea Rinsing)

Ive read the whole thread and the coffee thread. I want to try this because I dont like taking garlic pills. I was thinking of trying peppermint tea because I know peppermint stimulates the scalp and also because i love drinking it:grin: I wonder if it will do the same because its not a dark tea:ohwell:.

I want to try this one now too :yep:

and the teas Star1 says she uses! her hair is gorgeous :love:

Ive read the whole thread and the coffee thread. I want to try this because I dont like taking garlic pills. I was thinking of trying peppermint tea because I know peppermint stimulates the scalp and also because i love drinking it:grin: I wonder if it will do the same because its not a dark tea:ohwell:.

I do a final rinse with Distilled water and peppermint essential oil... it is a great Ph balancer, and it feels fab on the scalp.

I am doing coffee today! and leftover tea ( it is a mix of sage, spearmint, rosemary, and nettle)

the peppermint would feel wonderful though I am sure

maybe you can do both or blend them , because if the peppermint doesnt have caffeine , it might not help with shedding like the ones with caffeine

yea I will try that if I cant find one w/ caffeine in it thankz

I love rinsing w/ green tea. I pour the tea on and then apply my dc and sit under the heat cap for 30 minutes and then rinse out.

I do a final rinse with Distilled water and peppermint essential oil... it is a great Ph balancer, and it feels fab on the scalp.

I am doing coffee today! and leftover tea ( it is a mix of sage, spearmint, rosemary, and nettle)

ooh thats a good idea too:yep:

all these teas to try , why did I wait so long?:wallbash:

Okay, today is wash day, I'm gonna try it.

You're supposed to use it as a final rinse? Or before conditioning? Do you leave it in for a little while to let it work?

Okay, today is wash day, I'm gonna try it.

You're supposed to use it as a final rinse? Or before conditioning? Do you leave it in for a little while to let it work?

Some ladies are saying they do it as a final rinse, I did it as a pre-step to washing/conditioning and it worked great still

cant wait to hear how it goes

eta: I did leave it on for about 30 minutes

yeah I'm am concerned about long term too, I am thinking really there is no way this could continue to work without continued use period, I guess the main question I have is if the caffeine blocks DHT, could you then later lose all the hair you were going to lose anyway once its not blocked?:wallbash: or could you have some imbalance with it later just by messing with it in the first place (kinda scarey)

or say you dont do it often enough , DHT build up again? I am kind of confused on some things, and was also concerned about any heavy use of caffeine that can absorb into your system, which is why I dont plan to do this any more often than once a week if not less, and only in reasonable amounts :yep:

Do we get to keep the hair later that we didnt shed by doing this? Is my main question, or one wrong move (ie letting the DHT build up again) and we lose it all anyway?

I will certainly keep reporting in :yep:

I also have to see if this is worth it, unless I want to keep doing tea rinses forever, or start losing all that hair that was retained?

questions , questions:spinning::spinning:

all I can say for sure right now is it DEFINITELY decreased shedding by an astounding amount:yep:

Okay so I've been doing this since the start of the caffeine thread. About a month. One week I didn't do it because I was sick, and no more hair came out the next time I washed. I can't address the other stuff, but I can say that.

My own blend doesn't have caffeine, but the green tea I use does. For me caffeine is the least important component, because shedding isn't a major concern of mine.

Nettle promotes growth
Sage promotes shine, growth, and strength
Hibiscus promotes conditioning
Chamomile promotes shine and conditions

I've been doing this for about a month but I was curious...do you leave your tea in or rinse it out? I leave in my nettle, but rinsed out my black. I'm wondering if I should just leave it on...caffeine and all. I know you very rarely use green, but you say you do. When you do, do you leave it on? Thanks so much

I normally have a good amt of shedding during my wash/detangle process. For the past week I've been spritzing my hair w/blk tea in the morning before bunning. I've washed hair on Sun/Wed/Fri (just washed). Today, I had almost no shedding. I will continue to use as my morning spritz.

Okay so I've been doing this since the start of the caffeine thread. About a month. One week I didn't do it because I was sick, and no more hair came out the next time I washed. I can't address the other stuff, but I can say that.
Thats good info to know and comforting too:yep:

I've been doing this for about a month but I was curious...do you leave your tea in or rinse it out? I leave in my nettle, but rinsed out my black. I'm wondering if I should just leave it on...caffeine and all. I know you very rarely use green, but you say you do. When you do, do you leave it on? Thanks so much

I wanna know too, come back Starr!!!! please!!!!

I normally have a good amt of shedding during my wash/detangle process. For the past week I've been spritzing my hair w/blk tea in the morning before bunning. I've washed hair on Sun/Wed/Fri (just washed). Today, I had almost no shedding. I will continue to use as my morning spritz.

it really works :yep::yep::yep::yep:

Does it matter what brand of tea you use? I am having a HUGE shedding problem!

For shedding you need one with Caffeine, I just use Black Tea

but anything with Caffeine will do it or Coffee too

there is a coffee for hair growth thread too, I linked it here somewhere in this thread

I've been meaning to try black tea for awhile now. A long time ago I tried a coffee rinse because my mom mentioned that my grandfather used to use them to keep his hair shiny and black, well I couldn't stand the smell so that was a no go. I never got around to the tea thing so I may try it.

I'm glad it worked so well for you Iris.

btw I did a rinse with all these for my face too

they say tea can give your skin a nice even tanned look, plus being that its loaded with antioxidants I knew it could only be a good thing

so for my face I did it the opposite, Olive Oil/Honey/Warm Water rinse, wiped off with a paper towel, then rinsed with tea, and wiped off with a paper towel, my face felt soft and dewey all day long

I'm sold on this now for my hair and face :yep:
I am really interested in trying this for my face!

I'm off to go do some research on this.

I've been doing regular tea rinses as part of my routine for well over 2 years now (make my own- nettle, chamomile, hibiscus, and sage). . . but when I get lazy, I have been known to use a regular green tea bag. It has great conditioning properties.
Hmmm, I have some sage supplements, maybe I can add some to the black tea. It says on the bottle that you can make a tea out of it by breaking the capsule open and adding it to hot water.

After I was finished I took the tea bag and gently rubbed it all over my face. Right now Im using Bigelow Earl Grey tea, it is a black tea. I got it from Target

ETA: O yea I rinse my face after I rub it on.

Last edited:
After I was finished I took the tea bag and gently rubbed it all over my face. Right now Im using Bigelow Earl Grey tea, it is a black tea. I got it from Target

I do this with GREEN tea. Black tea stains like coffee, I don't want to darken my face, but it could be good for tanning.
Black tea = more caffeine and color
Green tea = more nutrients and antioxidants.

I do this with GREEN tea. Black tea stains like coffee, I don't want to darken my face, but it could be good for tanning.

I heard it can darken hair but how can it darken skin?

Well my light bright arse can use some color:lachen::lachen:

but girl , the black tea is full of antioxidants too:yep::yep:

maybe a mix would be good

Back