I just had to testify! (Tea Rinsing)

Amerie123

ok I have done it twice now, still see hair shedding. What am I doing wrong?

when I did it, I noticed I still had a lot of shed hair too. If not more :blush:. So, hopefully we can find out what we did wrong. I am currently using garlic pills, and I really want the tea rinsing thing to work.

cocoagirl

I just did a cowash and spritzed with green tea that I did not rinse out, hopefully it's ok not to rinse out and I wil monitor how much hair I lose this week...

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Okay, I'm a believer. I had been shedding for a few weeks. I never shed so I chalked it up to a change in climate. I went from a tropical country to one in the dead of winter so my hair didn't take to kindly to that I don't think:rolleyes:. But also I haven't been combing my hair much for the past 2 years so I guess there was a lot of hair to be shed. Anyway, I decided to try the tea rinse just to see if the shedding would stop. I did that on Thursday and today I ran the comb through just to test and there was no hair in the comb. I think I am still in shock, well, I'm pleasantly surprised. My hair also feels stronger and thicker. I'll try another treatment next week just to make sure and then go back to my normal regimen but this is generally a keeper to combat any future shedding:yep:.

Angelicus

I finally gave the tea rinse a try. I didn't believe you people about the decreased shedding, though.

1. After rinsing conditioner from my hair, I poured two cups of warm tea over my hair and scalp. The brand I used was Biglow Vanilla Chai Black Tea. I hate the way that tea tastes but it has such a wonderful spicy vanilla scent.

2. I roller set my hair after applying my leave-in. After my hair dried, I didn't have as much shedding as usual.

This is something that I could see myself doing with every wash. Thank you all.

alanaj

I've been tea rinsing for a while and I think I finally found the right tea for me. Green tea was ok, my hair felt less rough after I used it, like it closed the cuticles. Hibiscus and rose hip tea didn't do anything at all for me but chamomile tea is my savior!
Chamomile tea actually made my hair feel soft an moisturized. It was a sort of softness I've never felt in my hair and I was so pleasantly surprised. I made a leave in with it mixing some oils and some CD hair milk. I used it to retwist hair that had been in a 2 day old twist out. When I took those babies out the next day my hair was soft and moisturized to the point where it felt the same way as it did after I had a fresh relaxer. My natural hair strands have NEVER felt smoother.

Telle12345

I did my first one today and at first it felt hard! :wallbash: It was weird and hard like i'd done a protein treatment. I was scared! :perplexed

I prepooed, shampooed etc and then I did the tea rinse. I left the rinse in whilst I showered etc, did my DC, leave ins, sealed etc...WOW my hair is so soft and shiny, I can't believe it! :blush::grin:

It feels strong and thick and it was a really nice colour in the sun! Definite staple for me! :yep:

I used regular black teabags. Just one brewed for about 10 mins
Is it considered a protein treatment or does it just have a strengthening effect? is it safe to do weekly?

Angelicus

Just wanted to update: I just did my third tea rinse. I have been using Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea for that sweet & spicy smell that lingers until my next wash. When I roller set my hair I had significantly less hair in my comb. I think I had 1/6 less hair in the comb than usual.

The last time that I removed my rollers from my hair, I had a very small amount of shed hair and breakage in my sink. I'm under the dryer now and I can't wait to find out if even less hair will shed/break. Give it a try, everyone.

sunbubbles

AWESOME THREAD! Im headin to Big Lots after work, AND the Indian Store! I wanna get me some Amla and other powders to put in my spray mix! woo hoo!!

Neith

I think some of y'all would be interested in this thread I posted a little while back. I didn't think to post it here before! In fact, I had forgotten all about that thread. This one reminded me. :ohwell:

My tea rinses make my hair feel SILKIER now after I found this info out. :yep: They used to knock a little bit of moisture out of my hair before. No more protein-like feeling from tea for me!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=402640&highlight=

Last edited:

soonergirl

Bumping!!! Anybody still doing this??? Tea rinsed with lipton and did a final rinse with nettle tea today for the 1st time... We shall see...