I just had to testify! (Tea Rinsing)

Irresistible

Molasses instead of honey, it darkens the hair.
Do the black tea rinse as a final rinse and leave it on your hair == SOFT and DARK and SHINE
After preparation (as beverage or rinse), use the tea bag to gently scrub your face == SOFT and BEAUTIFUL.
For your spritz, use green tea instead of water == SOFT and SHINE.

:woot:
now that sounds like a plan! Thank you!!!!! :yep:

LyndseyJK

I drink tea every morning (even in the summer lol) Ya'll are gonna have me in the bathroom at work scrubbing my face with my tea bad. lol:lachen:

Molasses instead of honey, it darkens the hair.
Do the black tea rinse as a final rinse and leave it on your hair == SOFT and DARK and SHINE
After preparation (as beverage or rinse), use the tea bag to gently scrub your face == SOFT and BEAUTIFUL.
For your spritz, use green tea instead of water == SOFT and SHINE.

lovleelilie

I drink tea every morning (even in the summer lol) Ya'll are gonna have me in the bathroom at work scrubbing my face with my tea bad. lol:lachen:

Word! Now i wonder if i could scrub w/ my organic earl grey tea bag - that's my daily drink of choice. :yep:

Awesome advice across the board ladies!!! :grin: thx.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Yeah thats why I chose the tea, plus its just easier for me, plus it actually has some nutrients in it, plus I read that it has a property that actually dies the hair (it didnt say that about coffee) and even gives red-ish highlights, amongst other reasons

I know Bronze said coffee decreased her shedding, I am testifying that she was right and this is serious business, because all circumstances considered I was fully prepared to lose my usual Gob of hair and even more, I could not believe it was about half of the usual amount with just one rinse. I am amazed and there is nothing else that could have been the contributing factor
I'm glad I inspired you, Iris. The coffee rinse was A-Maz-Ing. It stopped shedding dramatically. Instantaneously. I will always do this. Coffee and tea both contain caffeine, and I was inspired by the Coffee for Hair Growth Thread, the OP made some excellent points and i thought, I've gotta try this. It is the Caffeine in those teas that does the job. Coffee also dies the hair, and their were posts on that as well.

Here is a copy of my Report.

Report. Hair has been worn in a weekly co-wash-n-go bun for one month. At day's end, when removing satin scrunchie, for the last month, shed hair was always in scrunchie - alot of shed hair in scrunchie. Gripe. Reflect that shedding may be do to seasonal changes. Gripe.

Report. I sprayed Maxwell House XXXStrong Brew (my measurements)yesterday, along hairline and nape and in the middle where i had breakage.

Report. This morning, upon styling hair, 3 hairs in scrunchie. Sprayed Coffee Tonic along hairline and nape before re-applying bun. Report. Tonight, after removing scrunchie, 1 teeny, tiny hair found in scrunchie. Report. Sprayed scalp vigorously with Coffee Tonic again tonight. Will co-wash tomorrow. Will use Maxwell House XXXStrong Coffee as DC and as Leave-In. Will use Coffee Tonic twice daily. Will have waistlength hair in one year.

End of Report.

Yaaaa!

Thanks and Blessings to you, OP!

I have now made a coffee oil laced with Maka powder, and it is doing a fabulous job. I am not spritzing my hair anymore because I'm wearing it straight. So I made this oil for this purpose...The oil is also awesome!

Irresistible

I'm glad I inspired you, Iris. The coffee rinse was A-Maz-Ing. It stopped shedding dramatically. Instantaneously. I will always do this. Coffee and tea both contain caffeine, and I was inspired by the Coffee for Hair Growth Thread, the OP made some excellent points and i thought, I've gotta try this. It is the Caffeine in those teas that does the job. Coffee also dies the hair, and their were posts on that as well.

Here is a copy of my Report.

Report. Hair has been worn in a weekly co-wash-n-go bun for one month. At day's end, when removing satin scrunchie, for the last month, shed hair was always in scrunchie - alot of shed hair in scrunchie. Gripe. Reflect that shedding may be do to seasonal changes. Gripe.

Report. I sprayed Maxwell House XXXStrong Brew (my measurements)yesterday, along hairline and nape and in the middle where i had breakage.

Report. This morning, upon styling hair, 3 hairs in scrunchie. Sprayed Coffee Tonic along hairline and nape before re-applying bun. Report. Tonight, after removing scrunchie, 1 teeny, tiny hair found in scrunchie. Report. Sprayed scalp vigorously with Coffee Tonic again tonight. Will co-wash tomorrow. Will use Maxwell House XXXStrong Coffee as DC and as Leave-In. Will use Coffee Tonic twice daily. Will have waistlength hair in one year.

End of Report.

Yaaaa!

Thanks and Blessings to you, OP!

I have now made a coffee oil laced with Maka powder, and it is doing a fabulous job. I am not spritzing my hair anymore because I'm wearing it straight. So I made this oil for this purpose...The oil is also awesome!

The whole thread is inspiring, and intrigued me, as well as what you said, I wanted to do an oil mixture and that backfired on me :lachen: the tea bag broke and I had a gazzilion little tea peices everywhere but it still worked. I'm still a lil worried about too much caffeine, so I wont be doing this really often. But just one rinse produced amazing results -I'll be in the lab on other ways with oils too:yep:

as far as it saying coffee dying the hair , I read about the Tannins in Tea and other things, and it can actually dye the hair/not stain, (or maybe that the same I dunno) but it can also give red-ish highlights, so thats why I chose tea -for now

I was going back and forth between which one to use for a while, and still might look into the coffee as well

like you I am AMAZED at what it did for shedding, I cannot believe anything could produce such dramatic results like what I just had :yep::yep::yep:

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
Aubrey Organics has a tea rinse for the hair that melted the tangles out of my hair. Thanks for reminding me to use it again.

Irresistible

wow wow wow

I just did a conditioner switch, rinsed one out to put another in, and combed thru with the second conditioner in it, and I lost only a FEW hairs, I mean I just have no words

I did not even think twice about that amount of hair I regularly shed all these years until NOW :spinning:

I guess it was both excessive and unnecessary after all

I am ever so thankful for The coffee for hair growth thread, I never would have even tried tea had it not been for that thread:yep: although I had always thought it would be good for dying/rinsing for color, I never got around to actually doing it until that thread. I never read anywhere that it did ANYTHING like this for shedding before

I didnt know what to expect really, I certainly didnt REALLY expect such dramatic results such as this regarding shedding! woweeee!

Last edited:

Irresistible

I'm going to try the green tea rinse.... The coffee rinse sure did make my head tingle :hair:

did you have noticibly less shedding at all?

I didnt read every post , but is it only Bronze and me that reported this result?

I'm thinking if its (caffeine) blocking DHT , then thats what causes increased shedding or shedding in the first place?

I'm still concerned about messing with that hormone and blocking it and having some rebound with it later, or some down side later, I dunno, so I wont be doing this too often, just in case

but I am amazed at the decreased shedding :spinning:

years and years of gobs of hair coming out every time I combed all the way through, and this just changed it instantly :drunk:

AtlantaJJ

wow wow wow

I just did a conditioner switch, rinsed one out to put another in, and combed thru with the second conditioner in it, and I lost only a FEW hairs, I mean I just have no words

I did not even think twice about that amount of hair I regularly shed all these years until NOW :spinning:

I guess it was both excessive and unnecessary after all

I am ever so thankful for The coffee for hair growth thread, I never would have even tried tea had it not been for that thread:yep: although I had always thought it would be good for dying/rinsing for color, I never got around to actually doing it until that thread. I never read anywhere that it did ANYTHING like this for shedding before

I didnt know what to expect really, I certainly didnt REALLY expect such dramatic results such as this regarding shedding! woweeee!

I :love: your ponytail. Thanks for posting this because tea is so much more pleasant than coffee. I can do blends of teas also...I don't think it takes a lot of caffeine to get the benefits.

CHECKMATE!

ok...Im on it:look:...my shedding is crazy!!!!!...I was suppose to try the garlic but this sounds right up my alley...I have an entire box of Lipton tea bags waiting to be used:yep:

AtlantaJJ

did you have noticibly less shedding at all?

I didnt read every post , but is it only Bronze and me that reported this result?

I'm thinking if its (caffeine) blocking DHT , then thats what causes increased shedding or shedding in the first place?

I'm still concerned about messing with that hormone and blocking it and having some rebound with it later, or some down side later, I dunno, so I wont be doing this too often, just in case

but I am amazed at the decreased shedding :spinning:

years and years of gobs of hair coming out every time I combed all the way through, and this just changed it instantly :drunk:

Prior to washing I had my hair braided for about 10 days so I had some sheding but that wasn't a fair test in my opinion because I ususally wash every 4 -5 days. I want to do my normal wash cycle and then I can tell if I had reduced sheding.

Even with that said, I felt like I had a relatively small amount of sheding after having had my hair braided for that many days.

Irresistible

ok...Im on it:look:...my shedding is crazy!!!!!...I was suppose to try the garlic but this sounds right up my alley...I have an entire box of Lipton tea bags waiting to be used:yep:
:lachen: Thats exactly the final deciding reason I used tea, I had it already here:grin:

garlic is still good too, I never took it for shedding , but for health

but this, man! no words

I :love: your ponytail. Thanks for posting this because tea is so much more pleasant than coffee. I can do blends of teas also...I don't think it takes a lot of caffeine to get the benefits.

Thank you girl, yeah your right you can do all kinda blends, I'm all on this for my face too (antioxidants)

it really doesnt take alot I did a normal amount I think, 5 or 6 tea bags for 32oz? sounds about right, not too much

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

I'm drinking vanilla caramel tea right now and you're making me want to put it on my head Iris.

Oh, and that honey/olive oil rinse...do you just pour that on and rinse with water? What does it do to your hair? Can you detangle with it?

Make sure it's not caffeine free for the non shedding "effect". I do two rinses, first with black tea ( and let it sit for 10-15 minutes) rinse with water. THAT is what helps with shedding and fyi in other studies caffeine extends hair stage by 37 percent. Meaning it's in resting stage almost half it's usual time. Hence more hair in the long run. You may want to check the coffee thread to read about it. Then I do a nettle tea rinse (encourages hair growth) rinse it out and next time I do a nettle tea rinse but this time I leave it in (nettle doesn't have caffeine so I wouldn't just do nettle by itself). I love it too. I hardly had any shedding in the first place because my dc is intense. However, the little I do have is now non existent. They say people shed 100 hairs a day but I just don't know where they are. Maybe so little fall out that I don't see them, but they just don't exist. After I comb my hair in the shower I get a few hairs and that's nothing.

Last edited:

Irresistible

Prior to washing I had my hair braided for about 10 days so I had some sheding but that wasn't a fair test in my opinion because I ususally wash every 4 -5 days. I want to do my normal wash cycle and then I can tell if I had reduced sheding.

Even with that said, I felt like I had a relatively small amount of sheding after having had my hair braided for that many days.

oh ok, yeah I want to re do this again under different circumstances again too

but like you can safely say it was STILL way less than expected under those conditions:yep:

Irresistible

Make sure it's not caffeine free for the non shedding "effect". I do two rinses, first with black tea ( and let it sit for 10-15 minutes) rinse with water. Then I do a nettle tea rinse (encourages hair growth) but this time I leave it in (nettle doesn't have caffeine so I wouldn't just do nettle by itself). I love it too. I hardly had any shedding in the first place because my dc is intense. However, the little I do have is now non existent. They say people shed 100 hairs a day but I just don't know where they are. Maybe so little fall out that I don't see them, but they just don't exist. After I comb my hair in the shower I get a few hairs and that's nothing.
Girl I've always had what seemed to be well over 100 hairs, never counted, but just judged by the GOBS that came out. so maybe we dont have to shed that much after all??

although I AM a little afraid that if this is stopped, that we would then see possible massive shedding, but then I guess we could just keep doing it so that doesnt happen?:grin:

Carrie A

wow wow wow

quote]

Yeah, I remember that thread where you posted a pic of your shed hair and it was a lot. I'm glad this worked. I'll be trying this later this evening.

Miss*Tress

I'll have to try this because I have been losing so much hair since October. Thanks for this thread, Iris. :up:

Irresistible

wow wow wow

quote]

Yeah, I remember that thread where you posted a pic of your shed hair and it was a lot. I'm glad this worked. I'll be trying this later this evening.

yeah girl that was normal for me, and that was just one stage of finger combing with oil........:ohwell:

Irresistible

Can I use Chai Tea concentrate?? It has black tea in it...

I dont see why not, it was the black tea w/caffeine that produced the less shedding result , that tea should do the same

as long as it doesnt have anything that would be adverse to your hair in it?

Joanna721

if I brew the tea and put it in a bottle and just spray my head till its drenched and put on a cap for about and hour and rinse with cool water will that work???? also is red tea good

Musicachic

I've been going through this thread and this sounds like something I may want to try.

Now obviously no one said sweet tea is good for this... But a glass sure sounds good right now!!...

:beer: