I hate my 4b hair!

L.Brown1114

i love my natural hair, i just dont like it short. i dont like short hair on me period no matter how it is. and that was awhile i ago when i first went natural. i didnt have a natural state of mind. now i couldnt imagine ever relaxing again. If i want my hair straight I'm going to wear light yaki lace wigs and once my hair grows out a little i am going to wear allboutmyhair kinky curly weave. it's just right now I cant do much with and I wasnt suppose to BC this early so i wasnt prepared for short hair. My hair got matted after a sew in so i had to BC but whatevs i am taking it once step at a time
and ironically my hair gets thinner as it grows out but even if i do get an afro i will throw my first up with my high waisted pants and say "fight the power!!"

now if yall excuse me I am frying some catfish nuggets and boiling some shell noodles for some mac and cheese while sippin on this mascoto :grin:

PS: i relaxed my edges because I dont like the look of ratty edges...nothing to do with me wanting to be relaxed. i'm not trying to look like the next black chick, i LOVE that i have my own unique curls and kinks its just that i wish i could choose where to place them :yawn:

i even joined the sorority pi nappa kappa!

Last edited:

L.Brown1114

It hates you too

ooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy............................................................................................................................................................................

PPGbubbles

i love my natural hair, i just dont like it short. i dont like short hair on me period no matter how it is. and that was awhile i ago when i first went natural. i didnt have a natural state of mind. now i couldnt imagine ever relaxing again. If i want my hair straight I'm going to wear light yaki lace wigs and once my hair grows out a little i am going to wear allboutmyhair kinky curly weave. it's just right now I cant do much with and I wasnt suppose to BC this early so i wasnt prepared for short hair. My hair got matted after a sew in so i had to BC but whatevs i am taking it once step at a time
and ironically my hair gets thinner as it grows out but even if i do get an afro i will throw my first up with my high waisted pants and say "fight the power!!"

now if yall excuse me I am frying some catfish niggets and boiling some shell noodles for some mac and cheese while sippin on this mascoto lol

OP you shouldnt have to explain how YOU feel about YOUR hair :nono:

this is LONG HAIR CARE FORUM, most of us are here to grow to long hair and if you dont like the length that should be okay... I dont understand why some people feel the need to force type 4's to swoon over their locks at ALL times. like they never had a bad hair day in their natural life :rolleyes:

Southernbella.

OP, my wack patch used to bother me too. I have 3c at my nape, and I have to resort to teasing it to keep it from looking like a mullet. It won't coil up when I wash n go, and it won't stay straight when I flat iron. I can't stand it, and like you, it was waaaaay worse when I first big chopped.

Now that it's longer, it isn't as much of a problem, but it's easier to camouflage. My only suggestion is to either learn to love it and work around it, or look into some other options.

Nonie

now if yall excuse me I am frying some catfish nuggets and boiling some shell noodles for some mac and cheese while sippin on this mascoto :grin:

PS: i relaxed my edges because I dont like the look of ratty edges...nothing to do with me wanting to be relaxed. i'm not trying to look like the next black chick, i LOVE that i have my own unique curls and kinks its just that i wish i could choose where to place them :yawn:

i even joined the sorority pi nappa kappa!

OK L.Brown1114, not liking short hair is not unusual. Would you be OK with wigging it? Like braid your own hair in single plaits or twist it up...and then wear a cap and wig...so you can have an easy time. You'd still wash and condition your hair but you'd be keeping it out of sight while it grows...so that you can enjoy it when it's longer. The good thing about this is you'd still have weekends when you can try out different things with it...but at least if you still don't like it, you can put away again for the week.

I grew to love my short hair once I learned how to keep it soft and that I didn't have to keep applying different stuff to it but could actually keep things simple without it getting difficult to manage. But I didn't like spending so much time on it...like putting in many plaits every night coz it wasn't long enough for a few plaits...then having to undo in the AM and style. So I braided it because I could leave it alone (no AM or PM regimen in the week) and that allowed it to grow to SL in braids. Of course being independent in haircare does make some of these methods easy...since no one messes your hair up.

OP you shouldnt have to explain how YOU feel about YOUR hair :nono:

this is LONG HAIR CARE FORUM, most of us are here to grow to long hair and if you dont like the length that should be okay... I dont understand why some people feel the need to force type 4's to swoon over their locks at ALL times. like they never had a bad hair day in their natural life :rolleyes:

PPGbubbles, I am glad she did explain because judging from previous posts, it was hard to know what exactly her problem is. And why was it important to know here problem? Because it's hard to help or give advice w/o knowing what the person's issue is. I also don't think anyone was trying to force anyone to swoon over type 4 hair. Clearly there are people who understood that the frustration is more about having different textures that don't blend in with one another...and if shrinkage is something that someone doesn't like, then 4B shrinks the most so it would explain OP's frustration in particular with the 4B section. Without her breaking it down as she did, I would have just gone by my previous deduction that it's texture she cannot stand. But now I know it's mainly hair looking short (and that she said it led me to see the same thing being a problem in past threads). I also know lack of uniformity is a problem for her too because styling different textures takes a bit of creativity, especially if the texture differences are very obvious; creating a style that looks like you planned it can be tricky.

So while you may have gathered it was length bugging her, it wasn't clear to some of us who've been along for her hair journey. Also this is not a case of having a bad hair day, so people were not expecting her to love her hair ALL the time as you imply. It's just that most of her posts have been echoes of frustration and discontent and only a handful seem to celebrate her hair. So you can't blame people from reading between the lines based on a history they've seen. Hence the reason I'm glad OP was gracious enough to clarify.

PPGbubbles

Nonie you pulled up her past posting history, to argue the case that she may in fact hate her texture. Why was that sort of digging necessary? Why do we have to read between the lines? I don’t blame you but I do question the necessity of these actions.

The reason why she expressed these feelings should be irrelevant, is it a crime to vent; regardless of the reason? It seems like the minute a 4-something natural vents about texture people rush in crucify them and I don’t get it?

She doesn’t owe anyone an explanation of why she feels the way she does.

I personally saw this as a vent thread immediately deduced and assured OP that length solves problems regardless of texture. Heck, I have had similar frustrations. I kept it positive provided encouragement and went on my merry little LCHF way to find fun in OT/ET as usual lol.

I think everyone should take a more lighthearted approach to posting. :yep:

nzeee

Nonie you pulled up her past posting history, to argue the case that she may in fact hate her texture. Why was that sort of digging necessary? Why do we have to read between the lines? I don’t blame you but I do question the necessity of these actions.

The reason why she expressed these feelings should be irrelevant, is it a crime to vent; regardless of the reason? It seems like the minute a 4-something natural vents about texture people rush in crucify them and I don’t get it?

I personally saw this as a vent thread immediately deduced and assured OP that length solves problems regardless of texture. Heck, I have had similar frustrations. I kept it positive provided encouragement and went on my merry little LCHF way to find fun in OT/ET as usual lol.

PPGbubbles wow... i'm not sure if you meant to be harsh but your response was so :ohwell: :nono:

Nonie was called into this thread to help. she already explained an hour before you posted that her process in helping involves getting to the crux of the matter. Nonie, from what i've seen, doesn't have a history of calling people out for the sake of it so i totally get the veracity in her explanation above. so why this post?

Just as you 'immediately deduced' OPs ish and responded accordingly i immediately recognized Nonie's point. sheesh, why create something esp. after both OP and Nonie explained where they are coming from?

Amoreofcurls

When I first started my journey, I had "wack" area's...My front and nape was severely ripped off and damaged from trying to blend into weaves and tight braiding...It was rough,puffy, and refused to blend into the rest of my hair...

Here's proof so you wont think im g'in on ya...

When I started giving it TLC ,as it grew out, it grew smoother, and even though its a different texture,finer (oddly looser) from the inside of my head now that its longer, it blends easier...

With twist or braid outs I learned that the "wack" areas required smaller braids, and more product than the rest for definition. Looser area's required the opposite, and if I had to add rollers I did...

I have different hair types in my head, and over the years I found techniques to make my wash and goes look presentable. I guess I should share pics so you can see how it is...

Fresh wash n go in siggy...

It becomes apparent as it gets old, but not crazy bad, so I dont mind...

Day 2

this is a day 3

Breakdown and/of what I do to "deal with them"...

My crown is looser and slightly thicker in strand size, no coils, just wave, it requires less product some scrunching and bigger twist...

The middle of my head (right between my nape & crown) is tighter in curl size but the smoothest in texture I also have a patch like this in my bang area. It's also the densest area on my head,so I have to use a lil more product and break into smaller sections. I recommend smoothing products in, opposed to shingling. Then banding (plopping downwards) to combat unnecessary shrinkage...For twist outs (if individually set) I have to do smaller twist...

My nape and hair by my ears are looser waves and even finer in strand size so I find that I have to scrunch those areas a little. When typing my hair up at night, I don't even pin them up...

In a nutshell for "out" styles...The shorter in length or thicker density an area is ,the smaller the sections you work with. Cornrows or flat twist will catch hair from root to tip and give you a consistent pattern...

You see the key is learning how to work with them...as you find what you need and get use to it, it wont even be an issue anymore. Just something you do...

Last edited:

qchelle

Girrrrrrl texlax that nappy **** so it can be curly :yep: You gon' have that gud hurr, girl! Bump the natural nazi heauxs! Be happy and be free!

The next thread you create better be talking about how much you lurve your hair now that you've [insert chemical here] :grin:

Ediese

Girrrrrrl texlax that nappy **** so it can be curly :yep: You gon' have that gud hurr, girl! Bump the natural nazi heauxs! Be happy and be free!

The next thread you create better be talking about how much you lurve your hair now that you've [insert chemical here] :grin:

Lmao funniest thing I've read all day!

Amoreofcurls

You're being a lil too extra for nun'

It looks like she is trying to help her by addressing her obvious reality...

Nonie

@Nonie you pulled up her past posting history, to argue the case that she may in fact hate her texture. Why was that sort of digging necessary? Why do we have to read between the lines? I don’t blame you but I do question the necessity of these actions.

PPGbubbles The reason I pulled up her past photos is because they are public info she posted before. What's more, they help us get a picture of what she's talking about. If I had just said she hates her texture, I'd have been accused of reaching. I prefer to back up my statements with reasons for them, as you might've noticed in all my postings.

And knowing what's going on with her helps us help her better. I don't know about you but I go to great lengths to try to help people. Most times I will ask many questions and even give my private email address so I can better help folks. I have corresponded with OP privately as well as on the forum...so I'm not just pulling stuff out my arse. And sometimes people do need to be told it's OK to be different. Some of the comments she got were clearly off the mark because again, like me, people have seen her go back and forth...and of course those of you who seem oblivious just think we are being mean. If folks hadn't responded as they had, she'd not have helped us understand better what is going on. If she hadn't helped ME understand, I would not have had the suggestions I had. TBH, I saw this thread before I was mentioned but I stayed out. Why? Because I was at the point of assuming there's no helping her coz she hates her hair. By pulling out old posts, she probably realized that she's not being very clear so she clarified and provided info we hadn't caught on.

But whatev'. You can make your own conclusions. I've never come on here just to make anyone feel bad. I was just backing up my statements and if you prefer to just go by what's said w/o caring about where someone has been, do you. I, on the other hand, care enough to look back and see if there's something I missed in all the times I helped her out if I recognize someone I've helped. You see, I love helping people but I hate wasting my time. I remember someone asking for advice about a certain exercise and after hundreds of people had posted suggestions, she returns with the same bloody question. I was curious to know what she'd tried of all she'd been given in order to know what to suggest. Turns out she never even bothered to look at what was offered. She probably didn't even remember she asked. :rolleyes:

Oh and one more thing, you are right she doesn't owe anyone a reason for how she feels. But it's hard to help her out if she doesn't give a more than the heading of this thread. "I hate my 4B hair" period (no explanation) would leave me wondering why you're telling us. You telling us so we feel sorry for you coz you are stuck with it? You hungry for attention? Or so we start a prayer session or voodoo magic hoping that it changes? C'mon nah! The only reason someone would post that is so that she can get advice/encouragement/support on what to do about that. And not knowing what it is about 4B she hates leaves us without any better suggestions than "chop it all off and stay bald then". Coz even when relaxed, it'll still be 4B relaxed hair. Still 4B when texlaxed.*shrug* And clearly there are people who felt that way about the thread because w/o knowing more, one wonders what we're supposed to do about that.

Nonie

@Amoreofcurls, I appreciate you for seeing where I was coming from. :kiss:

@nzeee thanks to you too for recognizing my intent. :blowkiss:
ETA Amoreofcurls, I just saw your post. I would never have guessed you had different textures. Your post was very informative and encouraging for multiple textured folks. I hope it gives OP hope.

Last edited:

miss cosmic

Nonie stick? who would catch me for you? rofl.

i'm just struggling with dryness and brittleness and it sucks. well, it did till this morning when i took off the cling-wrap, undid the braids, and discovered a soft little 'fro. i read up on heavy greasing last night and gave it a try. while i can't say i'm swooning, i've definitely learnt something about managing the hair i have. to whit: vaseline is my friend.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Thanks Nonie, Amoreofcurls, and Iluvsmuhgrass. I called on these posters to help encourage the OP, and possible lurkers, that are feeling the same sentiments about their hair. All of their posts are positive and honest. I feel they did a better job at responding to the OP than I did.

anartist4u2001 Scab hair is hair damaged from chemical services. After one BC's, s/he may have residual scab hair from chemicals seeping into the scalp.

PPGbubbles

@PPGbubbles wow... i'm not sure if you meant to be harsh but your response was so

Nonie was called into this thread to help. she already explained an hour before you posted that her process in helping involves getting to the crux of the matter. Nonie, from what i've seen, doesn't have a history of calling people out for the sake of it so i totally get the veracity in her explanation above. so why this post?

Just as you 'immediately deduced' OPs ish and responded accordingly i immediately recognized Nonie's point. sheesh, why create something esp. after both OP and Nonie explained where they are coming from?

You're being a lil too extra for nun'

It looks like she is trying to help her by addressing her obvious reality...

@PPGbubbles The reason I pulled up her past photos is because they are public info she posted before. What's more, they help us get a picture of what she's talking about. If I had just said she hates her texture, I'd have been accused of reaching. I prefer to back up my statements with reasons for them, as you might've noticed in all my postings.

And knowing what's going on with her helps us help her better. I don't know about you but I go to great lengths to try to help people. Most times I will ask many questions and even give my private email address so I can better help folks. I have corresponded with OP privately as well as on the forum...so I'm not just pulling stuff out my arse. And sometimes people do need to be told it's OK to be different. Some of the comments she got were clearly off the mark because again, like me, people have seen her go back and forth...and of course those of you who seem oblivious just think we are being mean. If folks hadn't responded as they had, she'd not have helped us understand better what is going on. If she hadn't helped ME understand, I would not have had the suggestions I had. TBH, I saw this thread before I was mentioned but I stayed out. Why? Because I was at the point of assuming there's no helping her coz she hates her hair. By pulling out old posts, she probably realized that she's not being very clear so she clarified and provided info we hadn't caught on.

But whatev'. You can make your own conclusions. I've never come on here just to make anyone feel bad. I was just backing up my statements and if you prefer to just go by what's said w/o caring about where someone has been, do you. I, on the other hand, care enough to look back and see if there's something I missed in all the times I helped her out if I recognize someone I've helped. You see, I love helping people but I hate wasting my time. I remember someone asking for advice about a certain exercise and after hundreds of people had posted suggestions, she returns with the same bloody question. I was curious to know what she'd tried of all she'd been given in order to know what to suggest. Turns out she never even bothered to look at what was offered. She probably didn't even remember she asked.

Oh and one more thing, you are right she doesn't owe anyone a reason for how she feels. But it's hard to help her out if she doesn't give a more than the heading of this thread. "I hate my 4B hair" period (no explanation) would leave me wondering why you're telling us. You telling us so we feel sorry for you coz you are stuck with it? You hungry for attention? Or so we start a prayer session or voodoo magic hoping that it changes? C'mon nah! The only reason someone would post that is so that she can get advice/encouragement/support on what to do about that. And not knowing what it is about 4B she hates leaves us without any better suggestions than "chop it all off and stay bald then". Coz even when relaxed, it'll still be 4B relaxed hair. Still 4B when texlaxed.*shrug* And clearly there are people who felt that way about the thread because w/o knowing more, one wonders what we're supposed to do about that.

@Amoreofcurls, I appreciate you for seeing where I was coming from.

@nzeee thanks to you too for recognizing my intent.

ETA @Amoreofcurls, I just saw your post. I would never have guessed you had different textures. Your post was very informative and encouraging for multiple textured folks. I hope it gives OP hope.

@nzeee When I make a "real" point I am usually clear concise. I meant no malice in my post, I stated my opinion and what I didnt understand. simple as that.

Nonie tagged me and I responded with my opinion. I am able to respectfully disagree with someone without attacking. I think you misunderstood the tone of my post because it was succinct.

@Amoreofcurls I too respect your opinion but I must also respectlfully gree that I was being extra. I have my silly font and will attack a celeb in a heart beat but I dont attack members. I only debate with them.

@Nonie I said in my previous post I dont blame you, I saw that you were looking for clarification. But I still dont see the need, why should help be conditional? She said in the OP the issue isnt the 4b alone. Either way if she or any other member who dislikes their short kinky hair less worthy of advice???

I offer help to anyone regardless of past posting history. Think of it, if a new natural comes on here and states that she hates her dry, short. split, kinky hair; should she be tarred and feathered? We could look at the back story of why she hates her hair OR we could simply tell her how to maintain a moisture protein balance, eliminate splits, and grow long hair.

Some good advice may do more for her than heal her damaged strands. Helping her achieve healthy hair may help her come to love that same hair she once hated. And even if she never learns to love her hair your knowledge can help others, newbies, and lurkers Just food for thought.

I have been on the board a few years and as a 4-something I have noticed a trend. If you dont jump for joy over your texture you can expect to get crucified in a thread and not receive any help. Why do we do this? (rhetorical question)

You and I have debated on issues before so I feel that with any poster on this board I can direct statements like this toward you for consideration and debate. You can respectfully agree or disagree without taking things personal, or so I would hope. We know you and others have graciously have helped many; no one is taking that away from you.

But I do question statements like the ones I bolded and some the responses in this thread. It makes it seem like it's a crime to vent about texture :yep:

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I hated my natural hair until I found the right products that helped my hair to thrive. My hair looks better and has retained length. What products do you use, L Brown?

Nonie

@Nonie I said in my previous post I dont blame you, I saw that you were looking for clarification. But I still dont see the need, why should help be conditional? She said in the OP the issue isnt the 4b alone. Either way if she or any other member who dislikes their short kinky hair less worthy of advice???

I offer help to anyone regardless of past posting history. Think of it, if a new natural comes on here and states that she hates her dry, short. split, kinky hair; should she be tarred and feathered? We could look at the back story of why she hates her hair OR we could simply tell her how to maintain a moisture protein balance, eliminate splits, and grow long hair.

Some good advice may do more for her than heal her damaged strands. Helping her achieve healthy hair may help her come to love that same hair she once hated. And even if she never learns to love her hair your knowledge can help others, newbies, and lurkers Just food for thought.

I have been on the board a few years and as a 4-something I have noticed a trend. If you dont jump for joy over your texture you can expect to get crucified in a thread and not receive any help. Why do we do this? (rhetorical question)

You and I have debated on issues before so I feel that with any poster on this board I can direct statements like this toward you for consideration and debate. You can respectfully agree or disagree without taking things personal, or so I would hope. We know you and others have graciously have helped many; no one is taking that away from you.

But I do question statements like the ones I bolded and some the responses in this thread. It makes it seem like it's a crime to vent about texture :yep:

PPGbubbles, I am not sure why you keep harping on the point of me digging up her history. If you don't give a damn about finding out as much as you can in order to be in a better position to help someone, then you do it your way. The example you give of a newbie is neither here nor there. I respond with the info I have on hand. So I give a newbie the advice I have based on the info I have been provided with. And surely you do know if you have been on the forum that long and paying attention, if there is one person who jumps to the rescue to help the sort of newbie you just described, esp if she has hair like mine, it is I. So not sure why that speech is directed to me. Most of what I post on this forum is the sort of thing you are asking me isn't a newbie worth of.

I also don't follow your rationale that if she hates her she isn't worthy of advice or why you are directing that point at me. Unlike you who just made a statement that was supportive but didn't provide advice, *I* gave her advice. So again you got the wrong end of the stick. And I also seem to feel that you would rather someone live with the misery of hating a part of themselves that they cannot change than find ways to bring out the best in it. Whenever I have chimed in regarding a negative opinion on one's traits, my responses have never been "you're damned to hell" but rather I have tried to help the people come to appreciate what they have. What good does it do to just sit back and watch someone feel down? Or to even nod in agreement that they sure have been dealt a raw deal?

It seems to me that you focus on the negative if in 4 years all you have seen is people being attacked for hating their texture. I have been here 8+ years and that isn't the trend I have seen. Just yesterday I lurked in a thread where someone didn't think the hair she was born with suited her. The discussion provided solutions, suggestions. I don't know or remember if there was a negative response because the main theme was helpfulness. I do think you would do well to start considering what may make people say the things they say (ie reading between the lines, so to speak). Saying you hate a trait of yours may leave some people feeling helpless coz what is there to do about something you can't change? So responses like "how can you hate what God gave you?" aren't out of malice but an honest expression of being at a loss on how that could be. How anything that is innately you can be "out of place". In other words, give people the benefit of the doubt. Or better yet step in and do what you feel they should have done. Instead of posting a chastising post to other posters that doesn't provide the advice you feel OP is entitled to in spite of what those posters feel.

Last edited:

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
There's nothing wrong with the OP disliking a certain texture on her head, It's HER hair! Would it had made a difference if the OP said "I don't like my 2b patch"? People can hate/dislike anything they want, it's how she deals with it that makes a difference.

Bublin

OP,
I don't want to sound patronising at all but i wish i had 4b hair because my hair doesn't know what it wants to be. I do have 'wack' patches but generally my hair is one big tangle. I have fought it with relaxers and direct heat to try and change it but all i did was make matters worse by damaging it. I was about to give up (although i don't know what i mean by that because i don't like to wear wigs/weaves/extensions and just like you i don't want to put chemicals in my hair again) when i threw in the towel and said, hey, forget those natural products, i'm gonna chuck some Dax in my hair. Best thing i ever did - yeah - Heavy Sealing.

I'm not trying to sell you on the heavy sealing idea, what i'm saying is, you WILL find what is right for your hair for you to fall in love with it again. God gave you beautiful hair, it's now up to you to find out how to take care of it.

Take a look at my hair, it is about 80% dry. It is one big tangle. Is it 3c? Is it 4a? No, it's a rat's nest, but it's my rat's nest and i know how to care for it now. Yes, it has taken me years but i think i've finally nailed it. I now just have to wait patiently for the length. My shrinkage is crazy.

Also, sometimes styling and fancy styles have to take a backseat whilst you pay more attention to the health of your hair. Geeze, i have had some baaad hair days.

Go ahead and ask as many questions as you like and come on here and moan as often as you like. Lord knows i have moaned about my hair on here but my moaning threads helped me to help myself.

Whimsy

Yikes, I'm gunna need you guys to stop referring to 4b as WACK patches. wtf is that about?

I'm sure most people would love it if all their hair was uniformly one texture, it would just make life easier.

OP I hope as it grows in you're able to deal with the two textures in a way that looks pretty to you, w/o having to do twists/twistouts all the time.

Bublin

Yikes, I'm gunna need you guys to stop referring to 4b as WACK patches. wtf is that about?

I'm sure most people would love it if all their hair was uniformly one texture, it would just make life easier.

OP I hope as it grows in you're able to deal with the two textures in a way that looks pretty to you, w/o having to do twists/twistouts all the time.

Mmmm - from what i understand a 'wack' patch is an area that is different to that of the rest of your hair. It can be a patch of 3c in a head of 4b. So in that example the 3c is wack not the 4b. It's a just a reference to an area of a different texture. It makes it hard for you to make your hair look the same all over.

Solitude

Also, sometimes styling and fancy styles have to take a backseat whilst you pay more attention to the health of your hair. Geeze, i have had some baaad hair days.

I think this is an important point for newbies and vets to remember. For most folks, maintaining the health of your hair and trying to grow it out will equate to some bad hair days.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

Ms. Martina

Mmmm - from what i understand a 'wack' patch is an area that is different to that of the rest of your hair. It can be a patch of 3c in a head of 4b. So in that example the 3c is wack not the 4b. It's a just a reference to an area of a different texture. It makes it hard for you to make your hair look the same all over.

^Yep, my wack patch is type 3b hair. :ohwell:

toiatoya

or maybe take a long term break from your natural hair y doing a protective style like some braids or twists is a thought? that way you'll be able to focus away from the "wack patches" and things and also it'll grow by the time you take it down :) hth

Whimsy

Still doesn't sit well with me, I'll not refer to my hair as wack, but to each his/her own.