Steam rollers or Ceramic flat iron?

sweetascocoa

Im looking to buy something that i can use to style my hair. im a natural. 3c/4a/4b----5z. hehe i like that steam rollers wont dry your hair since its the steam that straighten the hair. im scared of flat irons. i havent used heat on my hair in 2 years, whether relaxed or natural.

thing is, will steam rollers work on natural hair and how long will it last?

help please

sweetascocoa

thanks. one suggestion is good enough. ill be buying a caruso sometime this week. ok, is there a difference between the salted and unslated kind?

Last edited:

sky_blu

Mayn I hate both. Steam rollers make my ends frizzy and split making it worst than using a hot curler. And I can never get my hair to come out right with my ceramic iron. So I hate both.

Isis

toosexy1 said:
thanks. one suggestion is good enough. ill be buying a caruso sometime this week. ok, is there a difference between the salted and unslated kind?
I thought all of the ones sold now are the unsalted ones. I've owned both and the only difference I could see was the extra step of adding salt (the older model came with a little spoon to measure) which created the steam. They changed the design of the unit so it can create it's own steam with out salt. IMO, the salted one created much more steam and had an attachment to do steam facials.

I've never had a flat iron and haven't used heat since July, 2003. Since you are interested, it may be a good idea to get both since the styling techniques would be different. For example, the Caruso isn't used to straighten new growth - that would be the job of the flat iron.

lonei

It depends on what your looking for, if its straight hair, then you would probably have to use the flat iron. If however you want some curls and dont mind a little firzz, then use caruso. I have used both on my texlaxed hair but I found that although the caruso's left my hair soft, the curls didnt last and it would come out a little bit frizzy even after blow drying first.