I GOT A TESTIMONY! The Lord dealt with me last nite!

kweenameena

Here's the poem I found that night that had me boo-hooing because it expressed EVERYTHANG I felt and everything that he wanted to tell me!!
Wait On The Lord
Desperately, helplessly, longingly, I cried.
Quietly, patiently, lovingly God replied.
I pled and I wept for a clue to my fate,
And the Master so gently said, "Child, you must wait!"

"Wait?', you say, wait!" my indignant relpy.
"Lord, I need answers, I need to know why!
Is your hand shortened? Or have you not heard?
By FAITH I have asked, and am claiming your word."

"My future and all to which I can relate
Hangs in the balance, and you tell me to WAIT?
I'm needing a 'yes,' a go-ahead sign,
Or even a 'no' to which I can resign."

"And Lord, you promised that if we believe
We need but to ask, and we shall receive.
And Lord, I've been asking, and this is my cry:
I'm weary of asking! I need a reply!"

Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate
As my Master replied once again, "You must wait."
So, I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut
And grumbled to God, "So, I'm waiting. . . for what?"

He seemed then to kneel and His eyes wept with mine,
And he tenderly said, "I could give you a sign.
I could shake the heavens, and darken the sun.
I could raise the dead, and cause mountians to run.
All you seek, I could give, and pleased you would be.
You would have what you want . . but, you wouldn't know ME."

"You'd not know the depth of my love for each saint;
You'd not know the power that I give to the faint;
You'd not learn to see through the clouds of despair;
You'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there;
You'd not know the joy of resting in me
When darkness and silence were all you could see.

"You'd never experience that fulness of love
As the peace of my Spirit descends like a dove;
You'd know that I give and I save . . . (for a start),
But you'd not know the depth of the beat of my heart."

"The glow of my comfort late into the night.
The faith that I give when you walk without sight,
The depth that's beyond getting just what you asked
Of an infinite God, who makes what you have LAST."

"You'd never know, should your pain quickly flee,
What it means that 'My grace is sufficient for thee.'
Yes, your dreams for your loves ones overnight would come true,
But, oh, the loss! If I lost what I'm doing in you!"

"So, be silent, my child, and in time you will see
THAT THE GREATEST OF GIFTS IS TO GET TO KNOW ME,
And though oft may my answers is still but to WAIT."

"And though oft' My answers seem terribly late,
My most precious answer of all is still, "Wait."

~Author Unknown~

deola

OMG! This poem is beautiful! It really moved me, I have already printed it out to hang it on my wall-I hope you don't mind.:grin:
Thanks for sharing and thank God for the breakthrough He gave you! Our God truly is an awesome God and He really does reign supreme!
God bless you my sister and may His testimonies never leave your mouth in Jesus' name, Amen!

Ms Red

This is sooo so beautiful!! He is awesome and don't you feel RELIEVED since you put it in God's hands? I love Him :love3:

live2bgr8

Powerful! This poem is amazing and truly inspired by God. Thank you for sharing your experience and this poem. While the wait is hard this thread has been very encouraging. :yep:

Here's the poem I found that night that had me boo-hooing because it expressed EVERYTHANG I felt and everything that he wanted to tell me!!
Wait On The Lord

~Author Unknown~

kweenameena

Wow!! Thank you all for all of the support! My struggle has already gotten a little harder but believe it or not, I'm happier!!!!!!!! Now I just sneak on my computer at work to look up testimonies about how God has worked in people's lives. Not that sneaking is of God.:look:

preciouzone

Thank you for sharing your wonderful testimony and the amazing poem. I love the Lord and I am also a worrywart at times... so learning to trust God and casting all of my fears, worries or whatnot into Him is almost a challenge for me since I feel like I still have to control what I'm going through and how the results "should" turn out. And what a relief it is to have God carrying our burdens and us being load free!

Congratulations on your revelation. It's really up to you if the feeling will last or not. Whenever you get down and discouraged again, you can always come back mentally to this exact experience and feeling to get you out of the dumps. Because if God did it once He can do it over and over again. When there's no hope and encouragement, there's discouragement. And that is the devils number one weapon, because knowing that we are discouraged... means sometimes we may start to doubt ourselves and our abilities and/or God as well. I know God is a good God and He will make Hisself known for those who seek Him with all of their hearts.

May God continue to bless you in all that you do.

kweenameena

OMG! This poem is beautiful! It really moved me, I have already printed it out to hang it on my wall-I hope you don't mind.:grin:
Thanks for sharing and thank God for the breakthrough He gave you! Our God truly is an awesome God and He really does reign supreme!
God bless you my sister and may His testimonies never leave your mouth in Jesus' name, Amen!
I'm so happy that you were inspired by the poem! Good for you for printing it out and hanging it! Now it will inspire others! :yep: Of course I don't mind that you printed it. I'm just passing along the blessing! He IS awesome and I'm sure that I'll always be able to testify of his Greatness!! I love him!

kweenameena

This is sooo so beautiful!! He is awesome and don't you feel RELIEVED since you put it in God's hands? I love Him :love3:
I feel very relieved!!! My heart was soo heavy when I was carrying all of those burdens in my heart. I'm soo happy!! I love him too!

kweenameena

Powerful! This poem is amazing and truly inspired by God. Thank you for sharing your experience and this poem. While the wait is hard this thread has been very encouraging. :yep:

I'm glad that you found the poem inspiring! This thread has become a big encouragement to me. It's good to see so many beautiful, positive, christian women. I really appreciate the responses.

I also appreciate everyone who PMed me to tell me I've inspired them. I never thought that I'd be inspiring others. I really can take no credit. All glory to the Most High!!! He is wonderful!

I am grateful to all of you! You all have been inspiring me all along!!!!!
Keep the Faith, Sisters!!

kweenameena

Thank you for sharing your wonderful testimony and the amazing poem. I love the Lord and I am also a worrywart at times... so learning to trust God and casting all of my fears, worries or whatnot into Him is almost a challenge for me since I feel like I still have to control what I'm going through and how the results "should" turn out. And what a relief it is to have God carrying our burdens and us being load free!

Congratulations on your revelation. It's really up to you if the feeling will last or not. Whenever you get down and discouraged again, you can always come back mentally to this exact experience and feeling to get you out of the dumps. Because if God did it once He can do it over and over again. When there's no hope and encouragement, there's discouragement. And that is the devils number one weapon, because knowing that we are discouraged... means sometimes we may start to doubt ourselves and our abilities and/or God as well. I know God is a good God and He will make Hisself known for those who seek Him with all of their hearts.

May God continue to bless you in all that you do.

Thank you for the blessings!! God will work in your heart and get rid of all of the worrying!! What a troublesome load to carry! And to think...we don't even have to!
The devil is def. trying harder to discourage me now. I shared my experience with my very christian supervisor. We usually talk about everything like friends. I had tried one of her appetite suppressants the night before. So when I told her about my breakdown she was like "You know that those appetite suppressants can make you depressed when they wear off so it was probably the pills that made you breakdown." :perplexed :wallbash: I just laughed at her! Then she was like "I hope you didn't let your 2-year old daughter see you breakdown..you could've traumatized her and whatever demons you were dealing with probably came out of you and got in her" :look:

I wanted to give others who are in my situation hope...... but know I kinda feel like I need to limit the people that I share my testimony with!

Trini"T"

I feel so good!!!!!! This morning I couldn't stop crying! But I wasn't sad...I was thrilled!!! I'll tell you why in the shortest way possible:

Okay, so I've dealt with infidelity and trust with my husband 2 years ago. I thought I had forgiven him but I couldn't bring myself to trust God and to not worry about my marriage anymore. I basically tried to fix things on my own and I tried to control him to make him the husband I wanted him to be.:ohwell: And all the while I was mad at God for letting me struggle and hurt for that long. Well yesterday, I discovered something small about my husband but it brought up all of those old feelings. He's in Iraq..so I can't address anything with him. I was going crazy in my head!:wallbash: "Not again, Lord" is what I cried out. I was sick of the Lord failing me! I was extremely angry with him. I remembered that someone told me that I should be specific in my prayers. So I prayed out loud (thru all of my tears, and rage and screaming) asking him for a yes or no, not a sign (to stay in my marriage). I demanded that he come talk to me like he has done with some of the ladies here. I wanted a for sure answer that I didn't have to figure out. I screamed out loud to him. I hated him!! I felt that I was at my lowest low. He broke me!:yep:

I read scriptures and testimonies online. I found a poem about waiting on the Lord. I realized that the only way for Him to get my attention was for me to gain from my pain!! And boy did it hurt like heck!!!! As I slept, I was still waiting to hear his voice. I challenged him! Well this morning I was still hurting and angry. I went back to sleep and woke up again with an epiphany. Trust him!!! Simple right? Not when you're used to trying to fix things yourself! I thought I was a christian. But I've NEVER really trusted him! Well, I had no choice because my way wasn't working. And it was hurting me more than anyone else! Once I made the decision to just give it up to him....I cried for like 2 hours!! I'm not an emotional person at all! I tried to stop crying but couldn't! It wasn't a cutesy cry, it was a BIG, UGLY cry! But it felt good!:yep: They were tears of joy! I felt so relieved! I prayed and left it with him. I felt him smiling on me. This was the first time in my life that I, a chronic worrier, didn't have a heavy heart. I still haven't spoken with my husband but I am confident that the Lord will have his way with him! I'm so excited and exhilirated in Him!! I fell in love with him and I can't stop smiling. I haven't been this happy since I was 10! I want to go and spread the good news! Well I'll stop here because if I don't....I'll go on forever. I really wish I could give all of the details. It was an AMAZING experience!! I just wanted to share!!
ETA: I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” (Psalm 34:4).

Kweenamina that is awesome!! Your testimony brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you:yawn: That's what I love about our God, we can get up close and personal with him; we can let it all hang out for him. He wants to be the very person we can run to. He wants us to give unto Him, all of our burdens!

cybra

Kweenamina, first, let me thank you for being so forthright with your experience. When such things happen in our lives, many times we want to keep it quite and not let anyone know because of the shame that is usually associated with it. Unlike yourself, many don't see the blessing and comfort many could experience in hearing such stories, it helps them to see that theirs is not a isolated incidence.

Like many others, I too thank the Lord for your spiritual breakthrough. All the Lord wants from us is for us to make HIM our first love, and then to trust him no matter what may surface in our lives. I have learned to call it, "Having a Job moment." God ended the suffering of Job and blessed him, He'll do the same for us. But many times it's not that God has failed us, it's we who have failed Him by not trusting Him in every situation.

My prayer is that you won't allow Satan to continue to talk to your mind and cause you more pain than you have to go through. Rebuke the enemy and realize that you CANNOT control anything your husband may do, but you can control how you'll respond to such situation. YOU HAVE CHRIST, nothing is better than that.

God bless and keep you, and may you find strength in His love.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Wow, what a beautiful testimony! I hope you will continue to flourish during this season. Thanks for sharing! :up:

Cybra,

Is that really you? WOW!

Nice & Wavy

Kweenamina, first, let me thank you for being so forthright with your experience. When such things happen in our lives, many times we want to keep it quite and not let anyone know because of the shame that is usually associated with it. Unlike yourself, many don't see the blessing and comfort many could experience in hearing such stories, it helps them to see that theirs is not a isolated incidence.

Like many others, I too thank the Lord for your spiritual breakthrough. All the Lord wants from us is for us to make HIM our first love, and then to trust him no matter what may surface in our lives. I have learned to call it, "Having a Job moment." God ended the suffering of Job and blessed him, He'll do the same for us. But many times it's not that God has failed us, it's we who have failed Him by not trusting Him in every situation.

My prayer is that you won't allow Satan to continue to talk to your mind and cause you more pain than you have to go through. Rebuke the enemy and realize that you CANNOT control anything your husband may do, but you can control how you'll respond to such situation. YOU HAVE CHRIST, nothing is better than that.

You are right on, sis!

Blessings.

PoeticJustice

Wait On The Lord

~Author Unknown~

This and your testimony were absolutely beautiful. And right on time for me, in many ways! I'm so happy for you my sister! God is so good!

kweenameena

Kweenamina that is awesome!! Your testimony brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you:yawn: That's what I love about our God, we can get up close and personal with him; we can let it all hang out for him. He wants to be the very person we can run to. He wants us to give unto Him, all of our burdens!
I'm glad I have a testimony! I'm grateful to God for that! Thank you for you support. This journey isn't easy!:nono:
But so rewarding!:yep: I love him too!

kweenameena

Thank you for your prayer! I have now realized that I cannot control him. I no longer try. I spoke with him yesterday and even then I could feel the difference. I think he could too!

kweenameena

This and your testimony were absolutely beautiful. And right on time for me, in many ways! I'm so happy for you my sister! God is so good!
I'm happy that my testimony and poem were helpful to you!!! Stay praying and trusting and you'll be blessed!

kweenameena

Bumping for others....but I really needed to read this myself as a reminder of why satan has been really after me the past couple of days!:perplexed

smuice

YOU NEED TO KNOW...THERE IS NONE LIKE HE...GOD IS AMAZING...HE PICKS YOU UP WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT...I LOVE HIM TOO...BLESSINGS AND THANKS FOR SHARING:grin:

kweenameena

bumping for Kally.

I've been there, Sis! And I still have my daily struggles. But he has given me peace thru it all:yep:

rabs77

Wait On The Lord

~Author Unknown~

I really needed to see this today. Thank you, kweenameena

NGraceO

WOW...that is just so wonderfully amazing. I think sometimes we all underestimate how hard it is to fully trust in our God. Hint: extremely hard. Choosing His will over ours is a daily choice, and often a difficult one. I commend you on your wonderful decision and I praise the Lord for allowing you to be receptive to it. God is good. Point blank.

Nefertiti0906

I feel so good!!!!!! This morning I couldn't stop crying! But I wasn't sad...I was thrilled!!! I'll tell you why in the shortest way possible:

Okay, so I've dealt with infidelity and trust with my husband 2 years ago. I thought I had forgiven him but I couldn't bring myself to trust God and to not worry about my marriage anymore. I basically tried to fix things on my own and I tried to control him to make him the husband I wanted him to be.:ohwell: And all the while I was mad at God for letting me struggle and hurt for that long. Well yesterday, I discovered something small about my husband but it brought up all of those old feelings. He's in Iraq..so I can't address anything with him. I was going crazy in my head!:wallbash: "Not again, Lord" is what I cried out. I was sick of the Lord failing me! I was extremely angry with him. I remembered that someone told me that I should be specific in my prayers. So I prayed out loud (thru all of my tears, and rage and screaming) asking him for a yes or no, not a sign (to stay in my marriage). I demanded that he come talk to me like he has done with some of the ladies here. I wanted a for sure answer that I didn't have to figure out. I screamed out loud to him. I hated him!! I felt that I was at my lowest low. He broke me!:yep:

I read scriptures and testimonies online. I found a poem about waiting on the Lord. I realized that the only way for Him to get my attention was for me to gain from my pain!! And boy did it hurt like heck!!!! As I slept, I was still waiting to hear his voice. I challenged him! Well this morning I was still hurting and angry. I went back to sleep and woke up again with an epiphany. Trust him!!! Simple right? Not when you're used to trying to fix things yourself! I thought I was a christian. But I've NEVER really trusted him! Well, I had no choice because my way wasn't working. And it was hurting me more than anyone else! Once I made the decision to just give it up to him....I cried for like 2 hours!! I'm not an emotional person at all! I tried to stop crying but couldn't! It wasn't a cutesy cry, it was a BIG, UGLY cry! But it felt good!:yep: They were tears of joy! I felt so relieved! I prayed and left it with him. I felt him smiling on me. This was the first time in my life that I, a chronic worrier, didn't have a heavy heart. I still haven't spoken with my husband but I am confident that the Lord will have his way with him! I'm so excited and exhilirated in Him!! I fell in love with him and I can't stop smiling. I haven't been this happy since I was 10! I want to go and spread the good news! Well I'll stop here because if I don't....I'll go on forever. I really wish I could give all of the details. It was an AMAZING experience!! I just wanted to share!!
ETA: I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” (Psalm 34:4).

Amen!!!! That's wonderful. I'm also guilty of putting more trust in myself than in God.

God is good! :yep:

BeautifulRoots

Wait On The Lord

~Author Unknown~

Wow what a nice poem, thanks for posting, I needed this.

joy1181

Wait On The Lord

~Author Unknown~

This is a beautiful poem!

gottabme247

God is an awesome God!! I'm so glad that you were real with Him. He knows all of our thoughts before we even ask Him. The moment you were at your breaking point,when you have exhausted yourself beyond your own limits that's when God steps in and says now I can become your healer...I pray that God continues to be all that you need him to be. He is the GREAT I AM!