Sharing a testimony

MrsQueeny

Today in church we studied 1Sam 3:1-9 and Rev 12:10-11. We talked about hearing GOD's voice in the am and defeating satan with the blood of the Lamb and our testimony in the evening. For some reason GOD brought these 2 things together and brought to my memory a testimony and wanted me to share. I don't usually post a lot of personal info but I believe that what I am about to say is going to bless someone so here goes:

In 1996 I decided to join the military and was scheduled to leave in September. At the time I was sleeping with a guy who I had no real intention to be with but did it because I was young, out in the world, and knew I would be gone for awhile. At times we used protection but not always. I was not in church or thinking about GOD during that time. The time came for me to go to the MEPS station to get my physical done and for some reason, I was frightened about the thought of an HIV test. I thought of that guy in particular. So I was relieved when time went by and all my tests were cool.

I left for basic and we kept in touch. He went to jail briefly and I ended up in GA and he was still in SC. Fast forward 1997, I am in SC and my friend threw a birthday party for me and invited him. At this point I am newly saved but trying to be strong. We chit chatted over old times and he asked me to go "kick it" with him for the night. I said a quick prayer for strength because my flesh wanted to go but the spirit of the LORD told me NO. Not the don't do it because you will be tempted but like a resounding, thunderous, earth shaking NO. The time before I had felt GOD's presence so strong regarding a decision was when I prayed for direction and got saved. So me, listening to GOD told him no.

Fast forward to 2002, I am happily married to my DH 2 kids, one on the way. I called my old GF to catch up on old times. She is telling about who got married, had kids, etc and etc. Somehow the conversation leads to "M". She tells me that he is in jail serving 25 to life. She then says that he is in the hospital side of the jail. "M" had to write 4 letters to women telling them he may have infected them with HIV and/or AIDS. My heart drops. After further investigation, I found out that right before I came home for the party, literally days before, "M" had just broken up with a girlfriend. It was that girlfriend he contracted the disease from!!! So imagine if I would have kicked it with him. I'm telling you that I know the GOD I serve is real. HE knew what danger lied ahead and spoke to me and I listened.

I want to encourage you all to spend time in the presence of the LORD and get to know HIS voice,John 10:27. Let HIM guide you. Also know that your testimony is powerful. It is one of the most powerful weapons we have in our spiritual warfare so use it to bless others, tell the wonders of JESUS, and to defeat satan. Be blessed and thanks for listening. Q

cocoberry10

queeny20 said:
Today in church we studied 1Sam 3:1-9 and Rev 12:10-11. We talked about hearing GOD's voice in the am and defeating satan with the blood of the Lamb and our testimony in the evening. For some reason GOD brought these 2 things together and brought to my memory a testimony and wanted me to share. I don't usually post a lot of personal info but I believe that what I am about to say is going to bless someone so here goes:

In 1996 I decided to join the military and was scheduled to leave in September. At the time I was sleeping with a guy who I had no real intention to be with but did it because I was young, out in the world, and knew I would be gone for awhile. At times we used protection but not always. I was not in church or thinking about GOD during that time. The time came for me to go to the MEPS station to get my physical done and for some reason, I was frightened about the thought of an HIV test. I thought of that guy in particular. So I was relieved when time went by and all my tests were cool.

I left for basic and we kept in touch. He went to jail briefly and I ended up in GA and he was still in SC. Fast forward 1997, I am in SC and my friend threw a birthday party for me and invited him. At this point I am newly saved but trying to be strong. We chit chatted over old times and he asked me to go "kick it" with him for the night. I said a quick prayer for strength because my flesh wanted to go but the spirit of the LORD told me NO. Not the don't do it because you will be tempted but like a resounding, thunderous, earth shaking NO. The time before I had felt GOD's presence so strong regarding a decision was when I prayed for direction and got saved. So me, listening to GOD told him no.

Fast forward to 2002, I am happily married to my DH 2 kids, one on the way. I called my old GF to catch up on old times. She is telling about who got married, had kids, etc and etc. Somehow the conversation leads to "M". She tells me that he is in jail serving 25 to life. She then says that he is in the hospital side of the jail. "M" had to write 4 letters to women telling them he may have infected them with HIV and/or AIDS. My heart drops. After further investigation, I found out that right before I came home for the party, literally days before, "M" had just broken up with a girlfriend. It was that girlfriend he contracted the disease from!!! So imagine if I would have kicked it with him. I'm telling you that I know the GOD I serve is real. HE knew what danger lied ahead and spoke to me and I listened.

I want to encourage you all to spend time in the presence of the LORD and get to know HIS voice,John 10:27. Let HIM guide you. Also know that your testimony is powerful. It is one of the most powerful weapons we have in our spiritual warfare so use it to bless others, tell the wonders of JESUS, and to defeat satan. Be blessed and thanks for listening. Q

Queeny, I am overwhelmed by your testimony! I don't have a story as earthshaking as yours, but I totally agree with you on hearing God's voice. I am more aware of His voice now than I ever have been before. He will tell us everything we need to know, whether it be something as powerful as what He told you, or something as simple as "don't go into that McDonald's right now." (He told me that the other day--Even though I eat healthy, I was feeling tempted).

I also wanted to add that the more you allow God's voice in your life, the louder it gets. If He knows He can be the Almighty presence in your life, you will begin to feel His voice/presence in your life. When God is instructing me, I feel a pang in my heart, whether it's not to criticize myself, or not to speak to someone who offended me at that particular moment (maybe cool down, or wait until a better time, b/c they may not be in a good place at that moment). He has told me to call people or contact people at a time when I didn't feel like it. He will guide you in every way. However, our Heavenly Father will not barge into our lives, and if we don't want Him there, He won't force himself upon us. The bible talks about Him knocking..and your story shows just how powerful that knock can be! Thank you for sharing.

Sazzy4Evr

I really liked your testimoy! :) However, I always have had a problem in that area? How do I know when it's God Who is talking to me? Sometimes I might feel that it's God or maybe just my own mind or maybe my mind playing tricks on me. I get confused often, but I try to keep my mind, heart, and spirit open to listen.

charmingt

Sazzy4Evr said:
I really liked your testimoy! :) However, I always have had a problem in that area? How do I know when it's God Who is talking to me? Sometimes I might feel that it's God or maybe just my own mind or maybe my mind playing tricks on me. I get confused often, but I try to keep my mind, heart, and spirit open to listen.

Sazzy4 That's when you check in His Word to confirm what He is saying to you. 'Line upon line, precept upon precept.':)

crlsweetie912

WOW!
God is so good!
I always tell people to listen to that inner voice. You can call it what you want, but when God tells you something, He will make sure you hear it and there will be no doubt that it's Him!

Be Blessed,

star

Praise God!!

queeny20 said: