I give up - FlexiRod disaster(pics)...Any Donations for my Curlformer fund????

Lucky's Mom

:lachen:Hey Ladies! A couple of days ago - Someone said they wanted to see bad hair days - Well here it is!
I am so glad I tried this before a big weekend....

I decided to put flexirods in to kill some of the kink....... UGH!!! Well - it took me 2 hours to put these suckers in...... Very uncomfortable

Then - I was under Pibbsy for 45 mins - then I went to bed - OH yea - a rough night.... Then I woke up and went backunder the pibbs for a nother 20 mins...

The Result????????????? Wet soggy roots, and curled ends.
Hair disasater.

So someone please HELP!!!

- How long should I sit under pibbsy for this to dry completely????
- How do you straighten these roots????

yup I got pics to prove it.............

Flexis - so not comfy......[img=http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/4/4/16/t_Flexirodsapm_e78f252.jpg]

The result...
Oh so nappy curls:sad:

The fix for today.....
[img=http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/4/4/16/t_Flexirodsapm_2220bdb.jpg]
A beehive....

I am turning myself in.........I am going to perm Rods or CURLFORMERS.

At least I would be able to sleep on the Perm Rods..... SHEESH!

AND............
Any donations to my Curlformer Fund would be apprecieated!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Toodles Girls!!!:yawn:

Last edited:

wonderstar

What products did you use on your hair? I put some rods in my hair last week with gel and you couldn't tell I was natural.

PassionFruit

Oh SAMANTHA!!!! I hope for MY sake its because your haiur is a lot longer than mine...

I planned on trying a flexi-rod set for my big deal weekend

anyhoo.... your have nice form... seems like it needed more heat for a longer period of time and maybe for you to either pulled hair tighter against rods or to have used bigger rods

dont give up CURLFORMERS AINT CHEAP!!!

JustKiya

Good googamooga that's a big pic, sis!!!

I'm no help - esp. since I think the first one looks kinda cute. :blush: :rolleyes: Not a perfectly smooth/flat curl job - but still cute.

Maybe try staying under the Pibbs longer? 1h45m, instead of the little more than an hour before?

Fine 4s

What products did you use on your hair? I put some rods in my hair last week with gel and you couldn't tell I was natural.

See, this is why I'm scared to use flexirods or curlformers! What gel did you use wonderstar? But that second picture was WAY too big, couldn't tell WHAT I was looking at...

miami74

I think it would have come out pretty good if you just stayed under pibbs longer. You're working with a nice head of hair, so I'm sure you'll get it back to looking good in no time.

Lucky's Mom

Good googamooga that's a big pic, sis!!!

I'm no help - esp. since I think the first one looks kinda cute. :blush: :rolleyes: Not a perfectly smooth/flat curl job - but still cute.

Maybe try staying under the Pibbs longer? 1h45m, instead of the little more than an hour before?

Sorry......

wonderstar

I used ecostyler gel next time I'll use IC gel. I only did the front cause my intention was to do some coils like Brockstar for a bang but my hair is to long now. Besides it will take a really long time to do my entire head.

Sam, I think you used too much hair on a rod.

Lucky's Mom

I used ecostyler gel next time I'll use IC gel. I only did the front cause my intention was to do some coils like Brockstar for a bang but my hair is to long now. Besides it will take a really long time to do my entire head.

Sam, I think you used too much hair on a rod.

Thanks... Did you do that on Dry hair?

Lucky's Mom

Thanks Girls. I got loads of hair - and I felt like the rods were taking over my head.

Thanks for the tips!!!!

sj
I used my Homemade spritz and Giovanni setting lotion - I gotta go back to lottabody......

wonderstar

Yea my hair was dry and I didn't use heat afterwards. The gel pretty much did all the work. Even if I did it on wet hair the end result would be the same or probably better.

I twisted the roots around like 3 times so it won't be bulky prior to putting in the rods.

wonderstar

Thanks Girls. I got loads of hair - and I felt like the rods were taking over my head.

Thanks for the tips!!!!

sj
I used my Homemade spritz and Giovanni setting lotion - I gotta go back to lottabody......

Maybe you can dilute the lottabody with your homemade spritz if stiffness is your concern.

Lucky's Mom

Yea my hair was dry and I didn't use heat afterwards. The gel pretty much did all the work. Even if I did it on wet hair the end result would be the same or probably better.

I twisted the roots around like 3 times so it won't be bulky prior to putting in the rods.

Twisted the roots?????

:ohwell:

Lucky's Mom

Well yea I think that's what it's called, ok you know how you start finger coils? That's what I did. I guess I'm not really good at explaining myself.
OH!!! I got ith - I think - you started at the roots.

Thanks mama..
I am going to try this again.

With perm rods though...:yep: My henna weekend is a comin'........

~~HoneyComb~~

Same here, I'm natural and when I do a flexirod set with gel (Fantastia IC gel is what I use), you can't tell I'm natural (I have a couple pics in my album). Also I find the more flexirods I use the better, I will use over 50 in different sizes, I have the orange, blue, and red. And you have to make sure your hair is completely dry. I will sit under the dryer about and hour then airdry for an hour or two afterwards. I love flexirods better than curlformers, they were a disaster for me. I start by putting the gel on the section of hair I want to roll, and I roll from the end of my hair up toward the roots, then I will bend the roller at the roots.

Sorry about your experience, but don't give up on these, you'll love them once you get the hang of it.

PeggyFair

Samantha, it seems like the top didn't get as curly as the rest and it seems like some coconut oil would have shined it up a bit, but all in all, I actually LIKE it!

anon123

You don't have to do them on soaking wet hair. You can do it on dry hair with product. That way they won't have to stay in forever and a quick dry under your dryer should do the trick.

Well yea I think that's what it's called, ok you know how you start finger coils? That's what I did. I guess I'm not really good at explaining myself.

good tip!

Last edited: