My flexirod sets - DLewis Tutorial Results (pics)

Thanks guys again. I just realized something else really cool about these curls too though...

I had been playing around with seperating them a little more for a fuller more naturally curly look. I once read that Tia and Tamara Mowry do this to their hair from time to time, and from looking at more pics of Corrinne Bailey Rae's hair I think she defines her curls in this way too (as well as other curly girls you see in the media/tv)... The end results look soo natural and soft like my hair forms these coils from my scalp, lol. The pics I dont think caputure the effect fully, but here's a jist:

Flexirod_9-vi.jpg

Flexirod_92-vi.jpg

The curls here are a lot fuller than the original ones. These are day 2, from the second set the one with the flower. I'm still playing with the curls, and they look pretty cool. I think I've found a new favorite style. I'll take a few more in the morning after I've slept on them and post in my fotki and here.

Oh also, when I'm about to take them out to wash my hair I found that pre-poo-ing w/ conditioner and coconut oil is the best way to detangle. I saturate my hair with the mix, then lightly detangle with a wide tooth comb, then sit under the heat for 10-15 mins. Then I proceed with washing and all is back to normal.

For my whole head I seem to like the shorter version of the rods (they have long and short ones). I think I used about 4.5 packs of the orange, and 1 pack of the blue for the bottom/back of my head. I have A TON of these things though:

30 Orange (short)= 5 Packs
6 Blue (long)= 1 Pack
12 Grey (long)= 2 Packs
6 Purple (long)= 1 Pack

6 Jumbo Blue = 1 Pack
6 Jumbo Purple = 1 Pack

They range from $3.99-5.99.

Sooo pretty! U did a great job. I wish I could rollerset *had the patience* to rollerset my own hair.

Thanks ladies sooo much. The flexirods are so simple to use, I'm not sure why I was too ditzy to figure it out on my own, lol. My friends swear I'm a blond under my dark roots, lol:spinning::drunk:.

I think it took me about 20 mins or so to set the rods in. Maybe 25 if that long. I know "The Simpsons" was on, and when I was done putting them in, the show was just about ending.

As to the eyeshadow, believe it or not I found this cool shimmer stuff by Wet and Wild that you can use on your eyes, cheeks, and lips. It comes in the big round disk thing and is a creme. It lasts a long time and it adds a nice subtle shine. My make-up collection consists of everything from high end to low end, I love stuff that gives that dewy glow. I'd also recommend Loreal HIP collection pigments in Gold! That stuff is very :lick:. You only need a little. Those are my new must haves.
Look at my model!!! you look soooo kute!! I'm finna go buy flexirods!! lool Where is DLewis' tutorial!! I wanna read up! This is something I just might try!! This looks GORGEOUS on you! I'm jealous!!

Wow, you did a great job. Your hair turned out beautiful.

Note: I'm gonna have to get some pretty hair flower accessories.

Foxieroxienyc, you did a wonderful job. Your hair is coming along so nicely. I likey.:grin: I always look forward to your threads and hair pics.

Back