I feel dumb...

Jessofpal

I just signed up for a challenge that requires deep conditioning with every shampoo. And it dawned on me...what exactly counts as a deep conditioner?:blush:

Right now in my house I have one ORS Replenishing Pak, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Conditioner, and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner.

Erm...help please?

Dee-Licious

Your ORS counts.

A simple way to sometimes tell DCs is it comes in either a jar or a packet.
A more accurate way is to find that thread that went into detail of what makes a DC... I never read it, but I'm SURE it's on point

WomanlyCharm

Honestly, I don't think the conditioner really matters...what matters is the lenght of time it spends on your head.

For me, a DC is anything over 10 minutes, with or without using heat..I've even conditioned overnight.
Hope that helps!

And don't feel dumb...this is the place to ask questions, it's how we ALL learn! :grin:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Not all deep conditioners can deep condition no matter how long you leave them on because regular conditioners can't penetrate the hair strand, the just sit on top. There was a thread on it here that went into detail and on motowngirl.com she has a list of conditioners that can be used to deep condition. I will see if I can find the thread and bump it up for you.

Jessofpal

Not all deep conditioners can deep condition no matter how long you leave them on because regular conditioners can't penetrate the hair strand, the just sit on top. There was a thread on it here that went into detail and on motowngirl.com she has a list of conditioners that can be used to deep condition. I will see if I can find the thread and bump it up for you.

Thanks so much! I'm gonna go check out that website.

northernbelle

If a conditioner is designed to remain in the hair for 15 minutes or more, then it qualifies as a deep conditioner, as opposed to an instant conditioner.